hongkongatron

TF2 - Better Spawn Protection

5 minutes ago, Bags said:

Solution is to remove spawn protection

If we were to do this, more people would most likely keep complaining about dying and being spawncamped, which would make staff have to punish more people for complaining of it.

10 minutes ago, Bags said:

Solution is to remove spawn protection

2 minutes ago, Owlknight_ said:

If we were to do this, more people would most likely keep complaining about dying and being spawncamped, which would make staff have to punish more people for complaining of it.

Making staff do more work is no issue since it's literally just a warn -> gag/mute. The real issue is the fact that spawn camping is a large issue on some maps which result in multiple players leaving the server in frustration. I've seen us go from a full server to 5 people just as a result from a hard clocktown spawncamp. Having spawn protection gives that extra push when players are suffering from a spawncamp, which keeps the server populated.

I would love to see a visual indication to spawn protection.

Look, we could do whatever, all I want is for it to be visible and reasonable. Words cannot describe landing like 3 airshots with pipes or rockets, only for them to get out of it because you had no idea that they were still invincible. Like I said, visible and reasonable.

10 hours ago, SegFault said:

I can look into a colorizing system like what @Caleb956 originally did to see if we can't get something working. I agree it would be very helpful.

The previous one changed the alpha and color which conflicted with friendly. I proposed something similar but completely separate to friendly’s methods of differentiation. 

1 hour ago, hongkongatron said:

The previous one changed the alpha and color which conflicted with friendly. I proposed something similar but completely separate to friendly’s methods of differentiation. 

That was actually completely fixed with the final versions of them that I did just so you know ?