Precious

Remove trade_delfino_airstrip_b3

Remove trade_delfino_airstrip_v3?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Remove trade_delfino_airstrip_v3 from TGH rotation?

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, Ms.Spooks said:

Include the full stats thanks. 11.63 average players is a little low to be making the claim it increases server population. Likewise 450.5 total playtime hours is very low for the connects it gets. Just saying. @mrnutty12

image.thumb.png.e875ef6a465025f5a2c741eeda982c22.png

If you look at the rest of the average player counts for each map there, it's actually pretty average. The connect to disconnect ratio is positive and if you ask me, 450 hours is well over enough time to gather fair numbers. Statistics say this is a good map. Down to opinion though, I have to agree with bonfire in the sense of you need to work around different playstyles with different maps. This map is certainly not the best, but it's not by any means the worst -1

1 hour ago, nuen said:

Who here actually ironically likes this map, be honest. I really don't care if it gets removed or not, I'll take whatever, but who honestly likes it.

I like it because it brings back memories of 2014 xG and also of one of my favourite games period

I've seen some more people speak out in defense of this map recently, and while I must admit some of these defenses are legitimate, I also disagree with some of them. I'd like to go over those/debunk them quickly. (nothing personal to anyone I quote, just using them as examples)

19 hours ago, BonfireCentipede said:

there's not only those two ways to counter the snipers, you can just swim in the water and the snipers usually don't see you since they're fixated on the enemy spawn for themselves to not get sniped and there's also the vaccinator which makes it basically impossible to die to the snipers while countering them fully if you play right

and I don't think the map kills population, from what I've noticed every time we've ever went on there not too many people leave, sure some people complain about the map but there's not really a huge amount of people that leave, at least in my experience playing on it

Swimming in the water doesn't save you from the snipers. Most snipers can still see you swimming and snipe you on dry land. They can also get in the water themselves and snipe, and since water gives you even LESS movement, it becomes even harder to use water to get to the snipers unless you're a cloaked spy. Also, the Vaccinator doesn't make the map better, I would say it makes it even more toxic, because then everyone will just get vac meds to pocket them, then it turns into another battle of which team has the better snipers again. This time though, it makes it even less fun because you can't get any insta kills.

I'm sure we all have different experiences, but almost every time I've been on TGH and we go to Delfino Airstrip, either: the server dies quickly after OR we RTV as soon as the option is open. Of course the statistics may not line up with my experience, but that doesn't mean people necessarily enjoy this map. The reputation of this map in the community has always seemed generally disliked.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, Bags said:

This map is better than 50% of the maps in TGH's map list so got to -1 it

This is similar to something I've heard a lot of people say about the map. "X isn't as bad as Y and Z, therefore X is good!". Yes, there are probably worse maps on TGH, but that doesn't mean that this one is good. Smoking might not be as dangerous as doing meth, but that doesn't make it healthy either.

But anyway, those are just some of my opinions. I do agree that on a technical standpoint, this map functions much better than some of the other maps that we have and there is nothing actually innately broken about it. I also don't think it's ugly, though the colors may be a bit over-saturated. However, I still stand by my views and believe this map should be removed. You're all free to have your own opinion on the map though. If you truly enjoy it, that''s fine! I'm glad you can enjoy something I can't. ? 

5 hours ago, Shadower said:

Shut the fuck up you’d probably love a 24/7 clocktown server again seesh holy shit we get it you’re a bad sniper but hot damn you don’t have to get rid of a map where scunts can’t try hard on their stranges that they bought with their college savings fuck off dont fucking delete another fun map to play on bc you don’t have the skill to play comp but you’re not casual enough to play casual like a normal human being.

as per usualI read 0% of the thread including OP so lol

Oh yeah I forgot 

finally the tf2 division can fucking die lol

fuck I forgot again 

#bringbackedventuresyouskags

Keep discussion on topic please shadower. Careful you might cut yourself on how ironically edgy you think you are! ?

Edited by SegFault (see edit history)

This map is aids, and I hoped this thread would be the cure. Little did I know aids is indestructible, nothing can stop aids. Nothing but a single man, and his name is...

Bonfire, also known as Gay Bonfire Gayming. Bonfire has reached peak gay, and as such, cannot get the aids. Either that or become vegan.

Has noticeable flaws but overall extremely easy to kill enemy snipers without spy or sniper. Demoknight can retain all speed from charging in the water so long as he ends the charge before he hits the surface, which that alone is one of many braindead easy ways to get over to the enemy spawn in several seconds flat. Sticky jumper exists, and thats just for demo. Most of the snipers that play on our server aren’t good enough to consistently track you when making basic braindead dodging movements. 

A majority of the time, the map just serves as filler for a map we actually like to have its recently played cooldown to end, so it serves a pretty useful niche in that regard. 

On 1/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Precious said:

I've also heard people say "lol you just don't know how to counter snipers". To that I say... are you dumb?

BC9DC451-8127-45B8-B639-7A39D15283DF.gif

Edited by hongkongatron
also i meant to send this a week or two ago and forgot to hit send (see edit history)

I find it amusing that people like to claim that this isn't a competitive server when we ask to remove random crits, then go on to complain about the balance of a map. It fits the purpose of TGH perfectly; to bring back the nostalgia of some of our favorite games. The map is fun, and there are most definitely ways to counter people who are camping as snipers, some of which Grape has already listed. If people did not enjoy the map, it would very seldom be used.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, SegFault said:

Keep discussion on topic please shadower. Careful you might cut yourself on how ironically edgy you think you are! ?

Hypocrisy at its best, ladies and gentlemen. "Keep on topic. [insert obligatory pot shot]."

38 minutes ago, Tatost said:

I find it amusing that people like to claim that this isn't a competitive server when we ask to remove random crits, then go on to complain about the balance of a map. It fits the purpose of TGH perfectly; to bring back the nostalgia of some of our favorite games. The map is fun, and there are most definitely ways to counter people who are camping as snipers, some of which Grape has already listed. If people did not enjoy the map, it would very seldom be used.

There's a difference between random crits and whether a map is designed poorly or not. It's almost undeniable that this map is sniper haven and sniper literally dominates this map so much to a point where it's completely understandable why people don't enjoy this map. Random crits are an element of RNG in a fps which is usually not a good idea. Bad map design is just a map doesn't work with the fps genre, not related to RNG at all. I can see where you're coming from though and I voted to keep the map anyway because of nostalgia myself, I just want to justify the reasoning why people don't like this map.

this map sucks

remove it

people who still want the nostalgia of mario sunshine can make a thread of adding the delfino plaza one which is MUCH better

neato

1415098643_snorlaxdab.png.3e691d35ef546fefe859774741a5fbd3.png

1 hour ago, LemonVolt said:

this map sucks

remove it

people who still want the nostalgia of mario sunshine can make a thread of adding the delfino plaza one which is MUCH better

neato

1415098643_snorlaxdab.png.3e691d35ef546fefe859774741a5fbd3.png

We already have that but it doesn't include the airstrip.