Tatost

SSBU tips/tricks/cool shit

Self-explanatory, post any cool tips, tricks, combos, whatever for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I see a lot of really cool things getting talked about in Discord, but they get drowned out by chatter. I thought it might be nice to have a thread where newer people can learn the nooks and crannies of Smash.

For some reason, tagging messed up and I can't really @ anyone, so I'll just try and post this in #smash LOL

I'm a retard and didn't include anything in my first post, so I guess I'll do it here because editing blows ?

There are different grips for GCN controllers (these are the only ones that I'm aware of), but there is standard, claw, and double-claw. Standard grip is how most players usually hold their remote, where their thumb presses basically everything on the front side of the controller. Claw, however, allows the player to keep their thumb on the c-stick, while their pointer finger covers A/B/X/Y. Obviously, you shift your middle and ring fingers forward one notch, so you can shield and grab effectively. Double-claw is similar to normal claw, but instead letting the pointer finger rest on X/Y while the thumb does the works the rest of the buttons on the front. 

Try experimenting with some of these grips. I've been a standard grip user for over 11 years, but I find that double-claw suits my hands a bit better. The below video explains these grips much better than I can.

Oh boy, I found out something super cool!
On almost any map(I use Great Bay), you can use Isabelle to fish! Just throw her fishing rod into the water and you'll get fish! I got level 99 fishing in just under a week by grinding everyday. Made about 500k/hr as well!

Very cool!

Rebinding your c-stick to tilts is much better than having it on smash attacks. For basically everyone that I know of, tilts are really annoying to pull off when you're using tap jump, or you're trying to do one right out of a dash. Also, rebinding your d-pad to shields allows you to get four inputs per rotation when trying to mash out of something. 

Pichu has an infinite called "Lightning Loops". CaptainL and VoiD have pretty in depth tutorials on how it works. By using bair to drag down an opponent, you can up tilt or short hop up air as you land to restart the combo and slowly bring them to the edge where you can hit a very easy spike. (Pichu and Pikachu have broken ass down airs, even if it doesn't spike which it most likely will due to the insane hitbox, it has great kill power and has a large hitbox when landing with it).

4 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

Pichu has an infinite called "Lightning Loops". CaptainL and VoiD have pretty in depth tutorials on how it works. By using bair to drag down an opponent, you can up tilt or short hop up air as you land to restart the combo and slowly bring them to the edge where you can hit a very easy spike. (Pichu and Pikachu have broken ass down airs, even if it doesn't spike which it most likely will due to the insane hitbox, it has great kill power and has a large hitbox when landing with it).

Pikachu has a LOT of true combos. One of them is similair to pichu's lightning loops but instead of using bair, you use nair to drag down into a grab or up tilt. It can combo a lot of characters into around 80%. 

To see this combo potential, start at 3:25 or 4:14 and end at 5:54

1 hour ago, Dannypicacho said:

Pichu has an infinite called "Lightning Loops".

just like most other people think, pichu is stupidly powerful. pichu can lead combos very easily which can wipe out many fighters using deadly finishers like dair (meteor smash) and down b (thunder). plus, pichu is so small that a lot of fighters can't even up tilt/smash pichu at very close distances. in layman's terms, be careful when fighting pichu; he/she can take down one whole stock if you make the wrong move

Edited by maf427 (see edit history)