Rabid

State of fat manning

@Tatost Because typically a 10 man is started between people who want to scrim together, I agree that to a point we (being all people who have 10 manned in the last 2-3 weeks) have gotten very very toxic in the whole getting 1 more to fat man goldfish out, at first atleast in my point of view in the rare cases i was team captain, I specifically would not pick people like him or dukey unless they were the last person possible to pick and I needed 1 more to make the full team and they were only ones in server because of my experiences with them and their toxicity on mic and in game attitude. Personally I have been in several 10 mans with dukey where he would troll and not listen to strats at all when we were actually in a fairly even match. same with goldfish and both would rage and I as a team captain did not want that as part of my team (See: Bonk's "meme" tier list)

Although I agree to the point that if someone has been there from the start of organizing a 10 man where it took time and players trickling in, it is unfair to not play them. We used to go solely off of first come first serve back in the day but fat man out has its moments. I agree to the traditional sentiment of slow gather 1st come, fast gather fat man with fair captains.

Some tenmans are first called in voice channels and so sometimes there won't be enough people. Then @10manners would be posted and more than enough people would respond resulting in a fatman of anyone on the server. Though I feel @10manners should only be used if there are less then let's say 5 people waiting. In cases like these people who were already there before should probably get a spot. Also instead of @10manning people because you're missing a few people you could go from person to person and ask if they wanted to play.  Of course, if some person has a record of having toxic behavior, exceptions should be made. Though we should still let them play from time to time to see if they have improved and if so they wouldn't be fatmanned in future 10mans.

As I can see, most people do not want to fat-man people out as it's not fair for them.

What I suggest we can do is people is if we do first-come first-serve, then people who agree to come have a 10 minute grace period to connect and be ready, or else someone else can take their spot. You should make it clear in some way that you will be joining, and so someone with a faster computer can't snag your spot. That being said, the details should be worked out but if you are someone who is scrimming and inviting people, please keep in mind that you are responsible for people you invite not getting kicked out if you're ignoring people who are committing to join.

Ok fat manning is bad. But if we have an excess amount of people the team captain should not be forced to pick someone they don't like or don't play well with. But if someone (imma be real and say goldfish) if goldfish @t's ten manner and gets people together and is on the server like 15 minutes before it starts he should not be fat manned. But if its spontaneous and 13 people join within 4 minutes of each other it should be captains pick 

+1 to getting rid of fatmanning

being in the vc when there's like 5 people in it then getting fatmanned out after waiting a while for people to join just feels really shitty and honestly just wastes the people who're getting fattmanned outs time

first come first served is 100% better :coffee:

Edited by BonfireCentipede (see edit history)

I do kind of agreeing with getting rid of the fatmanning. Though what if someone just sits afk or sits in the scrim waiting room for hours? People like Goldfish could constantly do that over and over again much to the pain of some others. I feel like we need to find a balance. I like the slow trickle = first come first serve | players rapidly joining = fatman. Though then again I haven't been around as much as you guys so my say in things is very minimal in comparisons.