Edit History

Chrono

Chrono

23 minutes ago, Bonk said:

When we still did it, the captains chose who was fat-manned. It wasn't always automatically Goldfish; when it was, it was because the captains preferred a different player over him. I don't think that's harassment.

Every interaction I've had with him in the last week or so, nobody was bullying him in any way (I'm not saying it's not happening, I'm saying I haven't personally seen it) and he was still lashing out, yelling, etc. and being generally annoying on his own, without anyone provoking him.

We've done most everything we can to help him change, and he refuses to learn. Warnings, mutes, gags, even bans have no effect on his behavior. 

He also thinks that us warning him/punishing him when he ignores warnings is us 'bullying' him - I don't know if he's completely serious but he says it often ("Goldfish, stop yelling dude" " x stop bullying me I'm not yelling!").

Sorry if this derails the thread, but Goldfish is a unique case.

To add to the unique case but about the other example who is also given numerous chances to adjust attitude.

When someone posted a meme in discord without even mentioning him, he reacted with a response of "stop fucking making fun of me it's obnoxious" and as a joke I just copy pasted the meme, which was the first time I saw it in discord ever and last I saw mention of this was when he himself posted it on forums months ago, his immediate response to me was "get over it and leave me alone you fucking cunt". relatively unprovoked posting a meme for that kind of a response and when I switched immediately over to a serious mode of chatting and explaining that his response is not OK and against our rules continued to lash out. Ye who are of the talk in this know who you are and I personally feel as though you ignored everything I tried to guide you with, and unfortunately with that behavior and responses it doesn't do anything to help change your perception or appearance. I fully support not harassing individuals or groups in the community, but don't bandwagon on a thread thinking that means that your behavior is acceptable or tolerated and that it will immediately change the communities view of you, like I said at the time of this incident, changing perception takes time and work. If someone was to post a meme and you react with a response like that then what have you honestly done about your attitude?

In short, I agree with rabid and bonk, about not harassing but keep it real here and look at the examples provided of individuals who you can do nothing but talk to in a calm professional way and their responses are yelling and using uncalled for foul language/insults.

Chrono

Chrono

18 minutes ago, Bonk said:

When we still did it, the captains chose who was fat-manned. It wasn't always automatically Goldfish; when it was, it was because the captains preferred a different player over him. I don't think that's harassment.

Every interaction I've had with him in the last week or so, nobody was bullying him in any way (I'm not saying it's not happening, I'm saying I haven't personally seen it) and he was still lashing out, yelling, etc. and being generally annoying on his own, without anyone provoking him.

We've done most everything we can to help him change, and he refuses to learn. Warnings, mutes, gags, even bans have no effect on his behavior. 

He also thinks that us warning him/punishing him when he ignores warnings is us 'bullying' him - I don't know if he's completely serious but he says it often ("Goldfish, stop yelling dude" " x stop bullying me I'm not yelling!").

Sorry if this derails the thread, but Goldfish is a unique case.

To add to the unique case but about the other example who is also given numerous chances to adjust attitude.

When someone posted a meme in discord without even mentioning him, he reacted with a response of "stop fucking making fun of me it's obnoxious" and as a joke I just copy pasted the meme, which was the first time I saw it in discord ever and last I saw mention of this was when he himself posted it on forums months ago, his immediate response to me was "get over it and leave me alone you fucking cunt". relatively unprovoked posting a meme for that kind of a response and when I switched immediately over to a serious mode of chatting and explaining that his response is not OK and against our rules continued to lash out. Ye who are of the talk in this know who you are and I personally feel as though you ignored everything I tried to guide you with, and unfortunately with that behavior and responses it doesn't do anything to help change your perception or appearance. I fully support not harassing individuals or groups in the community, but don't bandwagon on a thread thinking that means that your behavior is acceptable or tolerated and that it will immediately change the communities view of you, like I said at the time of this incident, changing perception takes time and work. If someone was to post a meme and you react with a response like that then what have you honestly done about your attitude?

In short, I agree with rabid and bonk, about not harassing but keep it real here and look at the examples provided of individuals who you can do nothing but talk to in a calm professional way and their responses are yelling and using uncalled for foul language.