Tatost

Rising epidemic of harassment

It does feel that some people really do go too far when it comes to certain individuals around here. It's not bad to call people out and criticize them when they do act out of line but they should only really have that be done to them WHEN they DO act out of line. It isn't necessary to to insult or treat them with unnecessary hostility over a few mistakes on their part.

2 hours ago, Tatost said:

Yeah, I don't doubt that as I'm not a direct witness. However, I've just heard rumors that there are some ten mans that Goldfish tried to organize, but wasn't allowed to participate because player x joined with the sole intention of forcing him out of the game. That's where my problem lies, feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

That actually was the problem - that was the whole reason we 'reformed' the fat-manning system, so to speak. People were either getting kicked out of scrims they organized or just not being allowed to play because someone better joined to take their spot. 

Also, try to keep the thread on topic. If you want to have a personal discussion please do it in DMs.

15 minutes ago, SegFault said:

Hey. Important info.

@DepressedNeonNepp here is not the place to be saying stuff about killing yourself etc. There are many free online resources for helping out with that but we are not one.

That chapter of this conversation is moving on right now, and if it comes back up the thread will be locked. 

Thanks for your understanding ahead of time.

As someone who was bullied out of the community LITERALLY (@rabid @any cs member who isnt relatively new), I think I'm allowed to "give my 2 cents"

As many of you may know I'm pretty toxic in 10mans so I shouldn't be talking, but it's usually towards players who are genuinely assholes (does not make the case better I know). I'm not going to say any names or anything but uhh....wait nevermind lol, can someone please tell me why our DM of minecraft has been up for discussion to be banned from 10mans? @icy or whatever that kids tag is on here. I'm sorry for starting shit but this kid is the most disrespectful person in xG I have ever met. I get upset in 10mans over stupid shit just because I am a "more experienced player" and I totally understand that a lot of the players I play with are new, but icy will straight up just scream at new players who don't even know what they did wrong in the first place. I don't know where the "superiority" comes from in his brain because he's an average player but he thinks he's the best. I have talked to MULTIPLE higher ups about this and some are confused on why he's dm in the first place. 

The most positive response I got was "no one else would do it". 

?‍♂️

@Icaybaby expecting a response 

Edited by lilbleed
tag dis foo (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, lilbleed said:

As someone who was bullied out of the community LITERALLY (@rabid @any cs member who isnt relatively new), I think I'm allowed to "give my 2 cents"

As many of you may know I'm pretty toxic in 10mans so I shouldn't be talking, but it's usually towards players who are genuinely assholes (does not make the case better I know). I'm not going to say any names or anything but uhh....wait nevermind lol, can someone please tell me why our DM of minecraft has been up for discussion to be banned from 10mans? @icy or whatever that kids tag is on here. I'm sorry for starting shit but this kid is the most disrespectful person in xG I have ever met. I get upset in 10mans over stupid shit just because I am a "more experienced player" and I totally understand that a lot of the players I play with are new, but icy will straight up just scream at new players who don't even know what they did wrong in the first place. I don't know where the "superiority" comes from in his brain because he's an average player but he thinks he's the best. I have talked to MULTIPLE higher ups about this and some are confused on why he's dm in the first place. 

The most positive response I got was "no one else would do it". 

?‍♂️

@Icaybaby expecting a response 

This... This is gold... This is all our thoughts put into words

It's good to see that one of my threads doesn't go to complete and utter shit. Hopefully, this thread helps players old and new better themselves, in turn making this community a nicer place : )

if one of you bastards starts shit I'm going to kill your minecraft dog ?

On 2/4/2019 at 5:39 PM, DepressedNeonNepp said:

Haha funny joke bringing up something that I want to be forgotten won't be forgotten haha hilarious you guys have such a sense of humor.

There's a reason to why I left the discord, which was to avoid what this thread is about, and because I barely even play tf2 let alone xG anymore

L

@lilbleed

Can you respond with a recent example of your claim in which I can counter claim and explain a few things: my point of view, and an explanation as to my decisions

you can sit there calling me out but I cannot simply respond without a backbone being set

47 minutes ago, Icaybaby said:

@lilbleed

Can you respond with a recent example of your claim in which I can counter claim and explain a few things: my point of view, and an explanation as to my decisions

you can sit there calling me out but I cannot simply respond without a backbone being set

Besides every time you're on the scrim server, I'd say 2 days ago, which is the last time I saw you play, after you rage quit from the mirage game. Also someone should ask icy if he's ever ban evaded.  ?

I doubt my opinion is going to matter much but as far as the community within xG not a whole lot has actually changed besides names and the overall popularity of servers. At least not to me. I don't think it's a very controversial statement to say that xG has always been kind of an "insiders" club so to speak. If you're close to the people high up in the staff or just among members chances are you're likely to get away with a lot that others won't. Whether it's casually breaking rules every so often to make a joke or blatantly abusing your status on Jubens (Which is awesome btw) or being a completely unreasonable fucking dick, it's happened a lot and probably will continue to happen. It's not really new, it's kind of become part of the culture. +1 for slaps back in minigames is a nice small example but that's just a very small example of the culture that's been created. I'm part of the issue because I kind of fucking love that kind of shit when it's funny, but when it's not it just makes us look bad. To newcomers and old members alike. If you do something wrong put away your pride and apologize when someone calls you out, don't try and yell louder to prove that you are right because that's still *wrong.* We all joined this community, dictated by specific rules because 1. We agree with those rules, and 2. We enjoy this community. Yes sometimes breaking the rules is fun, yes sometimes people just get under each other's skin that's bound to happen but it's still people we're dealing with and not Jubens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this community misses an integral part of the issue when it comes to having fun and that's not everyone has fun the same way. I enjoy roasting the fuck out of people when I play and I expect to get roasted in return, not everyone is like that though and that's fine. But also there's a difference from roasting the fuck out of someone and literally just verbally abusing them or otherwise making their time unenjoyable, it's something that shouldn't really need to be said but if you don't know someone in real life like at all, and you don't know anything about them. You don't get to just go in on them over some video games or forum posts. That's some fucking little kid fanfiction forums shit, that isn't how it's supposed to be for us, any of us. If you don't know how to treat others or apologize or at the very base standard *listen* to someone else, you don't belong on the internet much less in this community. If you're a no name literal first day joiner 12 y/o kid, or a Co-Leader everyone is worth hearing out at least once. Be fair, be patient, be friendly. If you're not willing to do those things, why be in the community?

That being said, everyone is responsible for their own actions, and while I agree it's never okay to harass or abuse people. I also don't think that makes you responsible for real life issues except in very specific circumstances. As capable as everyone is to not be a dick, everyone is just as capable to walk away from a dick. But I also want people to stop leaving the community because I have yet to play jb in the last three years with more than 20 people in the server so...

So yeah +1, be a basic human you nerds. (Oh and Someone give me mod back /s) Also ily Jubens