Tatost

Rising epidemic of harassment

image.png.a0c01d1a56633e9bd090bd35b4d2e1eb.png

Just going to make a reply to this, as Discord is not the ideal platform for something like this. @Dannypicacho

No, I don't think everything is harassment; However, using someone's name as an insult? That's harassment. Shit talking someone to the point where they leave the community? That's harassment.  Call me crazy, but are you not one of the people that pushed Icy to the point where he left the community? Sure, he may have fucked up as a DM, but that's kind of what's to be expected from someone who's new to a position of power. He might be toxic in ten manners, but that can be dealt with. My point is that there are other ways to solve these problems than going around beating people with the ugly stick. This sort of behavior makes everyone else look like an asshole. I mean, I don't have much room to talk because I know I can be toxic as fuck, but it's kind of embarrassing seeing staff members doing more hurting than helping in these situations. The entire point of me writing this thread was to make sure people at least made an attempt to help out.

Not going to call out any names, but a few specific staff members seriously need to get a fucking grip and play their role in the community. If you think for even a second that this applies to you, it most likely does.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Tatost said:

image.png.a0c01d1a56633e9bd090bd35b4d2e1eb.png

Just going to make a reply to this, as Discord is not the ideal platform for something like this. @Dannypicacho

No, I don't think everything is harassment; However, using someone's name as an insult? That's harassment. Shit talking someone to the point where they leave the community? That's harassment.  Call me crazy, but are you not one of the people that pushed Icy to the point where he left the community? Sure, he may have fucked up as a DM, but that's kind of what's to be expected from someone who's new to a position of power. He might be toxic in ten manners, but that can be dealt with. My point is that there are other ways to solve these problems than going around beating people with the ugly stick. This sort of behavior makes everyone else look like an asshole. I mean, I don't have much room to talk because I know I can be toxic as fuck, but it's kind of embarrassing seeing staff members doing more hurting than helping in these situations. The entire point of me writing this thread was to make sure people at least made an attempt to help out.

Not going to call out any names, but a few specific staff members seriously need to get a fucking grip and play their role in the community. If you think for even a second that this applies to you, it most likely does.

I didn't help push icy out of the community. Most of the time I was chill with icy but I was honest with him in telling him that we often didn't want him in 10mans because of his behaviour. The forum post I made saying "mission complete" was meant to say "you guys made him leave". It was never my intention to make Icy leave, since he was good with the Minecraft server, but I didn't care that he left. If he's gonna leave because nobody enjoys him playing 10mans, that's not my problem.

When I made that comment on discord I was referring to you getting mad at friendly jokes between people and telling them to read your post.

The context in that pic is me defending Dukey because people were making him do something he wasn't comfortable with when he didn't agree to the rules beforehand. (Not the golfit shoe rules, something else)

Edited by Dannypicacho (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Dannypicacho said:

I didn't help push icy out of the community. Most of the time I was chill with icy but I was honest with him in telling him that we often didn't want him in 10mans because of his behaviour. The forum post I made saying "mission complete" was meant to say "you guys made him leave". It was never my intention to make Icy leave, since he was good with the Minecraft server, but I didn't care that he left. If he's gonna leave because nobody enjoys him playing 10mans, that's not my problem.

When I made that comment on discord I was referring to you getting mad at friendly jokes between people and telling them to read your post.

The context in that pic is me defending Dukey because people were making him do something he wasn't comfortable with when he didn't agree to the rules beforehand. (Not the golfit shoe rules, something else) 

The only "friendly jokes" I saw were people making fun of Icy's goodbye post despite them being told multiple times by staff like Virr or Tuna to stop.

If the section about you being involved with the toxicity surrounding Icy was uneducated, then that's my b. Just be aware that this entire discussion about harassment in our community is not something to be taken lightly, so I'll go so far as to force feed people this thread as long as they get the memo.

4 minutes ago, Tatost said:

The only "friendly jokes" I saw were people making fun of Icy's goodbye post despite them being told multiple times by staff like Virr or Tuna to stop.

If the section about you being involved with the toxicity surrounding Icy was uneducated, then that's my b. Just be aware that this entire discussion about harassment in our community is not something to be taken lightly, so I'll go so far as to force feed people this thread as long as they get the memo.

I definitely understand but the problem is when people refuse to mature. From what I've seen with depressedneonnep, he's definitely gotten much better. Goldfish has had a LOT of trouble maturing or even admitting he's wrong for a while but I can see him slowly changing. Dukey is pretty much just a meme, we only don't like how he used to play in 10mans because he team killed the entire team because he was being toxic and had to leave. Icy being a bad DM was a meme. He wasn't, as far as I could tell. The problem with icy was being an adult and refusing to change the way he acts. Apart from being toxic as fuck on 10mans and DMing me with disgusting fucking pictures, icy was usually a pretty chill guy. Kind of like CT_SLAYER, he was chill but then left in a temper tantrum.

@Tatost I'd like to put my 2 cents in about the Icy situation. I am one who thought Icy was a bad promotion as soon as I had heard it happened. For long before he was promoted he was known as someone who had a toxic attitude and did not know how to work well with people. His attitude in 10 mans is just an example of how his personality was not a fit for his position. His reply saying that he was not received a warm welcome when he joined a channel is a direct consequence of his negative attitude. Honestly the people you've listed in this thread about being "harassed" (-@nep bc i have hardly any interaction) have attitude problems that they need to work on to improve themselves as individuals. These attitude problems are due to age/maturity. Goldfish getting fatmanned constantly in 10 mans is a combination of him being bad at the game and his attitude when he is in 10 mans. When I am the captain in a 10 man I am going to pick the best players I can as far as I know and often that means Goldfish is not a part of that group. Also other people who are captains will refuse to pick him because he has quit/trolled in the past in the middle of games. I acknowledge there are a lot of times in this community where people take it too far but the specific examples you provided are of people who have issues of their own that they need to work on and have been told before about what they need to work on but have shown little to no improvement. 

6 hours ago, Pepper said:

@Tatost I'd like to put my 2 cents in about the Icy situation. I am one who thought Icy was a bad promotion as soon as I had heard it happened. For long before he was promoted he was known as someone who had a toxic attitude and did not know how to work well with people. His attitude in 10 mans is just an example of how his personality was not a fit for his position. His reply saying that he was not received a warm welcome when he joined a channel is a direct consequence of his negative attitude. Honestly the people you've listed in this thread about being "harassed" (-@nep bc i have hardly any interaction) have attitude problems that they need to work on to improve themselves as individuals. These attitude problems are due to age/maturity. Goldfish getting fatmanned constantly in 10 mans is a combination of him being bad at the game and his attitude when he is in 10 mans. When I am the captain in a 10 man I am going to pick the best players I can as far as I know and often that means Goldfish is not a part of that group. Also other people who are captains will refuse to pick him because he has quit/trolled in the past in the middle of games. I acknowledge there are a lot of times in this community where people take it too far but the specific examples you provided are of people who have issues of their own that they need to work on and have been told before about what they need to work on but have shown little to no improvement. 

I think this is a good point, but 10 mans are a drop in the ocean that is what is going on in xG discord. I understand that im to blame for this as im the one mostly in charge of the discord server and i've been really lenient on punishments, but holy fuck people really need to learn some basic manners. We're just shy of 800 people in discord (790ish last time i checked) and people are going around expressing their not so positive opinions about people that they "think" arent involved in the community any longer. This is not okay. I can understand if drama is fun and exciting, but if you spend your majority of your time talking shit about new, old or current community members in the public, official xG discord, and you think thats an okay thing to do you really need to take a good look at yourself and think about what you are saying to other people. This extends to a LOT of people in the xG discord as a whole i think, and im hopeful that we can just be a tiny tiny considerate and nice to others in the future.

I will admit I contribute to some of the toxicity in the discord while its not through the text channels I do have my toxic moments in voice channels. I also have to admit I was toxic to icy and goldfish at points in the past but I was also accepting of them often too, I would help him with school work when he wanted outside opinions or when he just wanted someone to kickback and chat with which are the times me and him got along greatly but towards the end of Icy's stay I wanted nothing to do with him because of his toxic personality in 10 mans and in the discord (joining gen 2,3,4, and 5 while its full just to be annoying or to troll). Goldfish was a whole other ball game because when I got back into the community he was a meme and people would joke with him and some actually be hurtful towards him and I contributed in the memeing on him I don't think I have been hurtful to him but I could be wrong, There were moments when goldfish and I actually did have fun though whether it was just playing csgo or memeing on each other for fun, I wasn't the nicest when he started trolling 24/7 and trying to double clan but since his return he's improved alot and I have gotten to liking the new goldfish so I hope he continues to improve. I guess my point of this whole thing is just admitting my wrongs and putting it out there that I will continue to work on improving my attitude and not holding peoples screw ups against them.             I'm still gonna insult you all in a joking way though.