Jump to content
Tatost

Rising epidemic of harassment

Recommended Posts

I stopped taking it seriously when you defended h1QXjv0.png this. I'm sorry but there is a reason he is not liked and its a damn good one, when you dig your grave you better try damn fucking hard like I did to undig it to be liked by many, Have not even seen a single attempt for him to make him self liked. I understand the point of your post but you really need to use better examples if you're going to use examples. I for one understand having levels to toxicity, and if people exceed it staff should not bat eyes to people they like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rabid said:

I stopped taking it seriously when you defended h1QXjv0.png this. I'm sorry but there is a reason he is not liked and its a damn good one, when you dig your grave you better try damn fucking hard like I did to undig it to be liked by many, Have not even seen a single attempt for him to make him self liked. I understand the point of your post but you really need to use better examples if you're going to use examples. I for one understand having levels to toxicity, and if people exceed it staff should not bat eyes to people they like.

I think you misunderstand my motive here. I'm not in any way, shape or form condoning previous actions made by either Goldfish or Nep. I can understand where you're coming from, as I had to dig myself out of the hole I was digging for myself since my first demotion up until my apology thread. However, I am most definitely not condoning the actions that the members of our community are taking against these two (i.e. using their name as an insult, fat manning them out of ten mans, etc.). As members of the community, we should be the better person and at least attempt to reform them, not shut them out or harass them. Leave the past in the past, I know for a fact the people we as a community target can be good kids if you don't push them over the edge.

This brings me back to the point that just because this is the internet does not mean you can say whatever you damn well please. Not to mention the fact that Goldfish himself has said that the constant harassment he's subjected to on the daily is the main reason that he acts the way he does. The video provided in the OP is a prime example of this ideology, the peers (the community) are at just as much fault as the accused (harassed person pushed over the edge).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty accurate. I would also like to add that if you are feeling harassed or are otherwise in a bad spot then please do speak up and send someone who can help a message. Us staff are here to deal with that, among other things, and if one of us is not listening/taking it seriously, chances are another will. 

Of course, I do want to add that when people dogpile onto someone, like in the case with @Lottamos/Goldfish, it can definitely appear like harassment. But it is also important to read into the content of these cases. A lot of time there is genuine criticism, and that should not be ignored. That being said I will not deny that some people take it too far and bully/harass him. I am not defending his behavior, but holy shit, that is hypocritical as hell considering that level of toxicity is pretty much why he was banned in the first place.

 

To close, just treat people like people. You don't need to kiss anyone's ass, but just act respectfully

 

you bunch of degenerates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying to not be a dick to people won't solve the problem of the harassment. How about unlike all other problems you actually do something to deal with it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously. Something like this has no place in xG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give my 2 cents and then stay far the hell away from this thread cause I'm too old for this shit.

Without mentioning names, some of y'all need to grow the fuck up (if you feel this applies to you, it probably does). I definitely act like a troll/weirdo at times, but shit some of you dudes take it to a level of just being a terrible person.

3 hours ago, Topaz said:

@Lottamos

  

To close, just treat people like people. You don't need to kiss anyone's ass, but just act respectfully

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know how tempting i is to type "suck it up nerd" but when I was typing it I realized. I am part of the problem... I do partake in making fun of @Lottamos and I apologize.  I will try my hardest to stop even though I KNOW I will slip up occasionally Imma try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tatost said:

(i.e. using their name as an insult, fat manning them out of ten mans, etc.). As members of the community, we should be the better person and at least attempt to reform them, not shut them out or harass them. Leave the past in the past, I know for a fact the people we as a community target can be good kids if you don't push them over the edge.

This brings me back to the point that just because this is the internet does not mean you can say whatever you damn well please. Not to mention the fact that Goldfish himself has said that the constant harassment he's subjected to on the daily is the main reason that he acts the way he does.

When we still did it, the captains chose who was fat-manned. It wasn't always automatically Goldfish; when it was, it was because the captains preferred a different player over him. I don't think that's harassment.

Every interaction I've had with him in the last week or so, nobody was bullying him in any way (I'm not saying it's not happening, I'm saying I haven't personally seen it) and he was still lashing out, yelling, etc. and being generally annoying on his own, without anyone provoking him.

We've done most everything we can to help him change, and he refuses to learn. Warnings, mutes, gags, even bans have no effect on his behavior. 

He also thinks that us warning him/punishing him when he ignores warnings is us 'bullying' him - I don't know if he's completely serious but he says it often ("Goldfish, stop yelling dude" " x stop bullying me I'm not yelling!").

Sorry if this derails the thread, but Goldfish is a unique case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bonk said:

When we still did it, the captains chose who was fat-manned. It wasn't always automatically Goldfish; when it was, it was because the captains preferred a different player over him. I don't think that's harassment.

Every interaction I've had with him in the last week or so, nobody was bullying him in any way (I'm not saying it's not happening, I'm saying I haven't personally seen it) and he was still lashing out, yelling, etc. and being generally annoying on his own, without anyone provoking him.

We've done most everything we can to help him change, and he refuses to learn. Warnings, mutes, gags, even bans have no effect on his behavior. 

He also thinks that us warning him/punishing him when he ignores warnings is us 'bullying' him - I don't know if he's completely serious but he says it often ("Goldfish, stop yelling dude" " x stop bullying me I'm not yelling!").

Sorry if this derails the thread, but Goldfish is a unique case.

 

To add to the unique case but about the other example who is also given numerous chances to adjust attitude.

 

When someone posted a meme in discord without even mentioning him, he reacted with a response of "stop fucking making fun of me it's obnoxious" and as a joke I just copy pasted the meme, which was the first time I saw it in discord ever and last I saw mention of this was when he himself posted it on forums months ago, his immediate response to me was "get over it and leave me alone you fucking cunt". relatively unprovoked posting a meme for that kind of a response and when I switched immediately over to a serious mode of chatting and explaining that his response is not OK and against our rules continued to lash out. Ye who are of the talk in this know who you are and I personally feel as though you ignored everything I tried to guide you with, and unfortunately with that behavior and responses it doesn't do anything to help change your perception or appearance. I fully support not harassing individuals or groups in the community, but don't bandwagon on a thread thinking that means that your behavior is acceptable or tolerated and that it will immediately change the communities view of you, like I said at the time of this incident, changing perception takes time and work. If someone was to post a meme and you react with a response like that then what have you honestly done about your attitude?

 

In short, I agree with rabid and bonk, about not harassing but keep it real here and look at the examples provided of individuals who you can do nothing but talk to in a calm professional way and their responses are yelling and using uncalled for foul language/insults.

Edited by Chrono (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha funny joke bringing up something that I want to be forgotten won't be forgotten haha hilarious you guys have such a sense of humor.

There's a reason to why I left the discord, which was to avoid what this thread is about, and because I barely even play tf2 let alone xG anymore

Edited by DepressedNeonNepp (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DepressedNeonNepp said:

Haha funny joke bringing up something that I want to be forgotten won't be forgotten haha hilarious you guys have such a sense of humor.

There's a reason to why I left the discord, which was to avoid what this thread is about, and because I barely even play tf2 let alone xG anymore

No need for the not-so-passive-aggressiveness. I'm sure he doesn't hold any bias against you, he's just illustrating a point I made earlier. I can assure you he wasn't pointing anything out for comedic value, just voicing some concerns, which was the entire point of me making this thread.

9 hours ago, Tatost said:

I'm not in any way, shape or form condoning previous actions made by either Goldfish or Nep. I can understand where you're coming from, as I had to dig myself out of the hole I was digging for myself since my first demotion up until my apology thread. However, I am most definitely not condoning the actions that the members of our community are taking against these two (i.e. using their name as an insult, fat manning them out of ten mans, etc.).

Shit needs to be said, and groundwork needs to be placed to at least make an attempt at making this community the best it can be. No one here is out to get you or anything, promise. That being said, we as a community cannot be solely responsible for a player's (in this case you, Nep) actions. We're here to help you, not hurt you. As @Topaz said, if you think something is bothering you, don't be afraid to get in touch with any staff members / friends / other members to vent your frustrations. I didn't make this thread to give people a reason to snap back at someone, but to turn this community around to a point where we can hold civilized discussions without segregating ourselves out of pure rage.

 

- Side note

2 hours ago, Bonk said:

When we still did it, the captains chose who was fat-manned. It wasn't always automatically Goldfish; when it was, it was because the captains preferred a different player over him. I don't think that's harassment.


Yeah, I don't doubt that as I'm not a direct witness. However, I've just heard rumors that there are some ten mans that Goldfish tried to organize, but wasn't allowed to participate because player x joined with the sole intention of forcing him out of the game. That's where my problem lies, feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but if you couldn't tell I can't trust anyone let alone an unwelcoming gaming community with what I feel on a daily basis. But here I'll give you guys some information of what it's like. 1. Wake up wanna kms 2. Go to school constantly depressed for no reason, therefore I can't fix it 3. Go home play a random video game or use discord

4. Go to bed, can't sleep for 5 hours (I head up to bed at 9pm) wake up the next morning same exact thing.

 

Anyways, that's just the surface level and about the only things I think I can trust you with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DepressedNeonNepp said:

Sorry but if you couldn't tell I can't trust anyone let alone an unwelcoming gaming community with what I feel on a daily basis. But here I'll give you guys some information of what it's like. 1. Wake up wanna kms 2. Go to school constantly depressed for no reason, therefore I can't fix it 3. Go home play a random video game or use discord

4. Go to bed, can't sleep for 5 hours (I head up to bed at 9pm) wake up the next morning same exact thing.

 

Anyways, that's just the surface level and about the only things I think I can trust you with.

I honestly don't even know who you are or even remember interacting with you on Discord/CSGO so don't take this the wrong way cause I'm not even trying to be funny...you should really get some help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now