Edit History

Semper

Semper

21 hours ago, james8470 said:

Something needs to be said about this.  Everyone in the TF2 division is quitting all at once and they all have the reason for it:

The servers have gotten stale and 14 hours a week (2 hours a day) is too much

Here's what should be done IMO: halve the requirement (7 hours a week). It's a matter of keeping good staff members for the long-term. I don't think the current model of cycling though staff members every few months is a good one. Also, with a 7 hour a week requirement, wouldn't the servers be understaffed? No, I don't think so. With the lower requirement, we can simply have more TF2 staff members for one thing, and !calladmin and discord and the forums exist for a reason (that reason being the servers can't be staffed 24/7 anyways.

I was staff for a month or so and had no problem finding time in my day to join the server and just chill for a hour or two. while I was dislocated from home because of a house fire and staying with family. If I can do that, anyone certainly can, I also take care of my grandmother who had cancer and has to use a cpap machine to breath at night, and just alot more other life stuff, If you can't put in the time and effort you're just lazy, 14 hours in 2 weeks is baby stuff, I used to put 200 hours biweekly into source when i was like 14, people have lives too, and we have to acknowledge all that Kypari, Nutty and Caleb have done and how Long they have been here and how much of their time and lives they have sacrificed to make the tf2 div what it is now, can you blame them? sometimes people need a break from it after doing it for so long.

the more I read this thread, the more it seems like a Joke.

Maybe we could bring paid Moderators back.

Semper

Semper

21 hours ago, james8470 said:

Something needs to be said about this.  Everyone in the TF2 division is quitting all at once and they all have the reason for it:

The servers have gotten stale and 14 hours a week (2 hours a day) is too much

Here's what should be done IMO: halve the requirement (7 hours a week). It's a matter of keeping good staff members for the long-term. I don't think the current model of cycling though staff members every few months is a good one. Also, with a 7 hour a week requirement, wouldn't the servers be understaffed? No, I don't think so. With the lower requirement, we can simply have more TF2 staff members for one thing, and !calladmin and discord and the forums exist for a reason (that reason being the servers can't be staffed 24/7 anyways.

I was staff for a month or so and had no problem finding time in my day to join the server and just chill for a hour or two. while I was dislocated from home because of a house fire and staying with family. If I can do that, anyone certainly can, I also take care of my grandmother who had cancer and has to use a cpap machine to breath at night, and just alot more other life stuff, If you can't put in the time and effort you're just lazy, 14 hours in 2 weeks in baby stuff, I used to put 200 hours biweekly into source when i was like 14, people have lives too, and we have to acknowledge all that Kypari, Nutty and Caleb have done and how Long they have been here and how much of their time and lives they have sacrificed to make the tf2 div what it is now, can you blame them? sometimes people need a break from it after doing it for so long.

the more I read this thread, the more it seems like a Joke.

Maybe we could bring paid Moderators back.

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    Spoopy Vacindak Thorax_ Moosty realBelloWaldi ProjectXenome Pencil Donakonda Elcark