Aegean

Smash Ultimate Tournament TBD

What is everyone's thoughts with a Smash Ultimate Tournament in xG, with a small prize (steam gift card?)

This would be organized late March / early april when I have more time, but this is what I was thinking of the format.

- Bo5 games with finals being Bo7

- Winners + Losers Bracket

- Winner starts with a 1 game advantage in the finals

- People with bad connections get 1 reschedule attempt, but people who have constant terrible connections are DQ if they join. We do not want someone to lose because they aren't used to playing smash on a powerpoint presentation.

- Open to let people to stream the games if they wish. 

Any suggestions or thoughts post them below and let me know!

I think this would be a great idea! I'm not too knowledgeable on the whole nintendo online thing. Do I need a subscription to be able to participate in the tournament?

36 minutes ago, TBOHB said:

I think this would be a great idea! I'm not too knowledgeable on the whole nintendo online thing. Do I need a subscription to be able to participate in the tournament?

In order to play online, you'll have to get Nintendo Online.

I'm down for this though. Would it have the same rules as a normal smash tournament though?

31 minutes ago, Goblins said:

I'm down for this though. Would it have the same rules as a normal smash tournament though?

I believe so, I'm not familiar if there are any shitty rules in a normal smash tournament, but I think maps could be between competitive maps only, or we can do final destination only or something like that.

Count me in, chief.

Also I'd reccomend the GEN6 rule set for the general smash rules: 

DOCS.GOOGLE.COM

Genesis 6 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ruleset A. Tournament Rules�� Set Length� All tournament sets will be a best-of-3 games, until Top 64 at which point tournament sets will be best-of-5 games...