kelly678

Class Wars server

I've had this idea from playing on a server and what if xG had a class wars server. What is class wars well it's where both teams is one class, for example, red heavy vs blue soldier. The classes chosen for each team would all be random and there's other combinations like duo class like red heavy and pyro vs blue medic and soldier. There could be game modes like melee only where both teams use only their melee for the round then it would switch to another mode or go back to being normal class wars. Other modes would include global roll where an rtd is rolled for both class or one for each class like red toxic vs blue invisibility, all the roll the dice effects would be chosen at random or classic class where each member on both classes could choose their own class for one round then move on to the next round. This would work best for maps where there's cap the point or capture the briefcase. This would also work for push the cart as well.  New roll the dice effects could be added to make it more fun and intense but the random class matchups for each team are endless and would make for great wars or easy defeats. One other mode I forgot to mention was madness where there's random projectiles and random roll the dice effects. 

As far as I'm aware, certain plugins for the gamemode have preset pairs. Which is to say that the chosen classes for each team are preset and not actually random. This prevents unbalanced matches like medic vs soldier

But it'd end up being one more server to dilute the playerbase, and unless it replaced a server we already have *cough cough test server's broken anyways*

I've played it a few times, it can be kinda fun in a similar way to casual in that its complete chaos and anything can happen. If the server isn't well populated, however, it can quickly become an incredibly unfun spawncamp nightmare

tl:dr

It's kinda fun if you have enough people, but it can be really unfair sometimes, and it'd have to replace an existing server, which I don't see happening any time soon

So idunno ask cleb and seg and noodle and ketagay

A few personal notes about this mode:

It just doesn't look fun at all bottom line, would probably be horribly unbalanced as well.

It looks like absolute hell to set up and actually get to work right, and even at that would probably send so many errors it wouldn't even be funny.

Now as for if we will actually be making a server for this mode, we are actually looking at downscaling the amount of servers we have instead of adding more servers, so for now we will not be making a class war server.  Thank you for the idea however.

Closed~