hongkongatron

3/2/19 MC CN - A Retrospect

After tonight's Race for the Wool Community Night, which the ending of turned into a jackbox lobby, the event has proven both of the things that I wanted to see from this community. Firstly, that higherups are willing to cooperate and endorse community nights on (what would've been) our own servers, as well as the people attending willing to play the same gamemode for an extended period of time, rather than a lobby of many different games for the same period of time. Both of these things show to me that I should step up my game as a host to create an even better experience.

That being said, within the first 10 or so minutes, we received a large amount of people, which was fantastic. Due to the xG Server being down, however, I was forced to host the community night on a shoddy hosting service, which, coupled with a large player count and a great number of mobs, resulted in lag issues. Despite this, the reception was mixed between fun and a wish for a higher quality server. After an hour-long round, the remaining members and I played jackbox for another several. Overall, was fun, but there was a glaringly large room for improvement.

All in all, not the worst, but nothing to be proud of. Thank you to everyone who attended.