WafflesL

WafflesL

• Member's Name
  • Information

Ever since ScottNi has become a moderator, he has become abusive towards players. I have noticed several instances when he has said something along the lines of "You must do this because I said so." I feel like this is a completely unprofessional statement due to the fact that it sounds like a power hungry staff member is trying to pick a fight with a player. It would be much more reasonable to say something such as "You must do this because there is a rule stating: " and then specify a rule that the player is breaking. I understand that it can be difficult as a staff member to deal with players who enjoy trolling; however, it is part of the job that they applied for. However, the reason I am creating this report is because I was just banned by ScottNi while playing CS:GO. I was banned because I didn't change my name to include 3 typable characters. However, this does not appear to be a rule. The only place where this is mentioned in either the CS:GO rule threads or the general rule thread is as follows:

Taken from General Rules:

1. No special characters in your in-game name, you can have some but there has to be enough legible characters (a,b,c,d etc.) in order for an admin or mod to target you, if you are asked to change your name by an admin or mod, then you must change it, punishable by kick/ban if you don't. (This rule does not apply for CSGO or TF2)

ScottNi mentioned that he was not going to ban me for breaking a rule, but for trolling. However, the only way in which I could have been trolling was arguing with him.  I was certainly arguing with him, but only because he was ordering me to follow a rule that isn't even a rule. I feel like this situation was handled completely unprofessionally, and that ScottNi abused his powers.  This is not the first this he has ordered players to do something just because he feels like it, but this was the first time which he took action against a player for not following his orders.  

Even if there is a rule that I overlooked that justifies ScottNi's actions, the situation was handled poorly.  In the future, if a staff member is asked why they are telling a player to do something, they should not respond in an an aggressive way ordering a player to do what they said because they are staff. They should point the player to the rule they are breaking. 

-Waffles

Waffles you constantly get on the server break rules in front of staff then argue why you did nothing wrong. I constantly see you intentionally breaking rules then loopholing.

I asked you to change your name because there was nothing to refer to you as. Then you told me to fuck myself and refused to change your name and I said I would kick you if you didn't I gave it around and there was no name change. So I kicked you and, you immediately joined back and I moved to a ban.

I would be more lenient with some other people but all I see from you is just constant trolling and attempts to argue with other staff members on rules.

@Waluigi

Edited by ScottNi (see edit history)

I get on the server and enjoy myself. This may sometimes include messing around with staff members. However, EVEN IF I DO participate in this behavior, that doesn't excuse your abuse. It doesn't matter if there is nothing to refer to me as because there is no rule anywhere that states that players must have a certain format of name. Just because you don't like my name isn't a reason to take disciplinary action. Finally, even if I did break a rule, the treatment should be the same no matter who the player is. Just because you don't like that I argue with you on topics sometimes (Which I do because you are frequently wrong) doesn't mean you get to be more harsh when deciding a punishment. That is a very immature statement and quite unprofessional.

2 minutes ago, WafflesL said:

I get on the server and enjoy myself. This may sometimes include messing around with staff members. However, EVEN IF I DO participate in this behavior, that doesn't excuse your abuse. It doesn't matter if there is nothing to refer to me as because there is no rule anywhere that states that players must have a certain format of name. Just because you don't like my name isn't a reason to take disciplinary action. Finally, even if I did break a rule, the treatment should be the same no matter who the player is. Just because you don't like that I argue with you on topics sometimes (Which I do because you are frequently wrong) doesn't mean you get to be more harsh when deciding a punishment. That is a very immature statement and quite unprofessional.

I gave the same punishment as all players get I kicked you and then you joined back without changing your name and so I banned you?

2 minutes ago, ScottNi said:

I gave the same punishment as all players get I kicked you and then you joined back without changing your name and so I banned you?

10 minutes ago, ScottNi said:

I would be more lenient with some other people but all I see from you is just constant trolling and attempts to argue with other staff members on rules.

Then why even state this? You literally said you would be more lenient on other people.. Then said you gave the same punishment as you would to everyone else.. I am quite confused now.

Edited by WafflesL (see edit history)

closing as this is not the place to argue about the topic, from what I can tell ScottNi is in the right here, AND there's no evidence to support the 'abuse'.

"if you are asked to change your name by an admin or mod, then you must change it, punishable by kick/ban if you don't."

I don't see how that single line alone discouraged you from posting this thread.

I was having issues with you and your name earlier and from what I can tell it's been a problem all day and apparently has been in the past. Stop trying to loophole and then play the victim when someone calls you on it.

~closed for no evidence

Edited by Bonk (see edit history)