Aegean

News post, What works easier

When would you prefer Monthly News Updates  

25 members have voted

1. 1. We are curious to know what date works for you, what you think would work better for the community?

• First day of Every Month
    • Every four weeks on a Monday

We wanted to know everyone's opinion as Virr and I are split on the decision regarding what time news posts should be.

I personally thought the first day of every month is much easier to track, and that way I can theme the monthly newsletter as the month they are being posted on. I do not want to post an October event on September etc. I also do not want the monthly news post potentially changing between being in the beginning, middle, or end of the month.

Virr's opinion is to have it every 4 weeks, that way it doesn't collide on the same week as Promo-Demo, gives you something to look forward towards every 4th week as people are hyped biweekly from promo/demo, and gives us only 1 week of no content in a 4 week span.

Thanks for leaving your opinions! 

Edited by Aegean (see edit history)

I think it’d be better to have it gravitate around the general first 7 day period of each month rather than around promo/demos. It wouldn’t be as pretty as doing it on just the first day of each month specifically but choosing a specific day i.e. Tuesday and posting it on the first of that day of the month would guarantee 1. It’s within the first week of the month 2. It wouldn’t conflict with promo/demos in any way (so long as its not the first Monday of each month). Choosing to have it revolve around promo/demo’s schedule also means that it has the possibility for the occasional issue of two monthly posts in one month, but if it isn’t based around a specific non-Monday day of each month, it can also conflict. Basically, you’re going to have issues with either side unless the first option goes with the first specific day of each month (over the first day of the month itself).

2 minutes ago, hongkongatron said:

I think it’d be better to have it gravitate around the general first 7 day period of each month rather than around promo/demos. It wouldn’t be as pretty as doing it on just the first day of each month specifically but choosing a specific day i.e. Tuesday and posting it on the first of that day of the month would guarantee 1. It’s within the first week of the month 2. It wouldn’t conflict with promo/demos in any way (so long as its not the first Monday of each month). Choosing to have it revolve around promo/demo’s schedule also means that it has the possibility for the occasional issue of two monthly posts in one month, but if it isn’t based around a specific non-Monday day of each month, it can also conflict. Basically, you’re going to have issues with either side unless the first option goes with the first specific day of each month (over the first day of the month itself).

So you're suggesting like the first Tuesday of every month guaranteed aside from the very first day of every month. Virr made up a test schedule and for all of 2019 at least the news will never collide with promo/demo in the sense that they will both be on the first day of the month. 

That's still a good point to consider, thanks.