LemonVolt

LemonVolt

18 minutes ago, Aegean said:

It was a shitty thing to do @LemonVolt, but I will +1 as you only had one offence and it has been close to 3 weeks. 

I know @virr had to basically give up on being spoiler-free for one of the most anticipated movies of all time just to take care of people ruining it for others, and regardless if he cared or not, it still sucks he was in such a situation. 

Overall to everyone, don't spoil stuff on purpose, if you feel like you need to discuss something on discord that is a spoiler, just put || on both sides of a message and label the message beforehand so people don't get spoiled.

This is an example spoiler on discord: || Harry is in fact a Wizard || 

at the time I thought it would be funny, but genuinely it really isn't, and it was pretty stupid ngl

1 hour ago, Aegean said:

It was a shitty thing to do @LemonVolt, but I will +1 as you only had one offence and it has been close to 3 weeks. 

I know @virr had to basically give up on being spoiler-free for one of the most anticipated movies of all time just to take care of people ruining it for others, and regardless if he cared or not, it still sucks he was in such a situation. 

Overall to everyone, don't spoil stuff on purpose, if you feel like you need to discuss something on discord that is a spoiler, just put || on both sides of a message and label the message beforehand so people don't get spoiled.

This is an example spoiler on discord: || Harry is in fact a Wizard || 

When I get home I can post a PSA about this in #announcements if you'd like.

7 minutes ago, Red said:

Fuck no 🤡🤡🤡

whoever +1 is a straight up goof

What..

I technically spoiled it once cause I spoiled it in emojis then right after I just was naming random superhero’s from the movie which resulted in the ban but how come +1ing his app even though he did the exact same shit as me or probably worst (not sure)??

thats ridiculously if I have to wait my ban out then he does too. it’s almost been 3 weeks that I been serving

1 hour ago, Red said:

What..

I technically spoiled it once cause I spoiled it in emojis then right after I just was naming random superhero’s from the movie which resulted in the ban but how come +1ing his app even though he did the exact same shit as me or probably worst (not sure)??

thats ridiculously if I have to wait my ban out then he does too. it’s almost been 3 weeks that I been serving

using emojis doesnt change the fact that you spoiled it again, agean literally said not to have your case effect mine because they're two different cases

17 hours ago, Thorax_ said:

Red was told to wait a month to try protesting again, I feel the same should apply to you.

Why would we extrapolate red's situation to his despite them being completely different just because they had the same outcome? It's foolish to essentially say they're the same by not only applying the same punishment, but the reasoning in general to 2 different scenarios, when he didn't have the chance to get off with a warning yet the former did (and acknowledged it).

+1 for unban since its been several weeks + spoiler warning has been lifted & it was one spoiler.

6 minutes ago, hongkongatron said:

Why would we extrapolate red's situation to his despite them being completely different just because they had the same outcome? It's foolish to essentially say they're the same by not only applying the same punishment, but the reasoning in general to 2 different scenarios, when he didn't have the chance to get off with a warning yet the former did (and acknowledged it).

+1 for unban since its been several weeks + spoiler warning has been lifted & it was one spoiler.

I was only aware that both posted spoilers around the same time. I was not fully aware of any extra details pertaining to the issue.

I revoke my vouch and will remain neutral.

Edited by Thorax_ (see edit history)

just for some clarification, spoiling movies is pretty much considered trolling, which is definitely in the general rules for the clan.

at the same time, if you get muted/kicked/banned for something that isn't in the rules, that doesn't mean it's abuse or wrongful - most of our rules are up to staff discretion and if they think you were doing something wrong you'll probably be punished, whether it's explicitly in the rules or not. obviously this doesn't apply to real cases of abuse but there are always exceptions to these sorts of things. 

I know it's off topic but there was confusion about it between staff so I'd say it's safe to assume others would be questioning it as well

not vouching because I don't know anything besides that you got banned for posting spoilers

Edited by Bonk (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Bonk said:

just for some clarification, spoiling movies is pretty much considered trolling, which is definitely in the general rules for the clan.

at the same time, if you get muted/kicked/banned for something that isn't in the rules, that doesn't mean it's abuse or wrongful - most of our rules are up to staff discretion and if they think you were doing something wrong you'll probably be punished, whether it's explicitly in the rules or not. obviously this doesn't apply to real cases of abuse but there are always exceptions to these sorts of things. 

I know it's off topic but there was confusion about it between staff so I'd say it's safe to assume others would be questioning it as well

not vouching because I don't know anything besides that you got banned for posting spoilers

Basic Info: Spoiled end game the night it came out, got instantly banned, talked to @virr about it, waited on it, now we're here almost three weeks later.

It originally was about abuse, then I talked to some other people about it especially @hongkongatron and he said that it was probably for a place holder to figure out what an appropriate time would be, but nothing was figured out so that's why I'm here right now to protest it.

2 hours ago, Lottamos said:

Just do a unban challenge. no point in asking for mercy when you were rightfully banned and there is a supported way to resolve it.

What? I'm not asking for mercy lol, its been nearly 3 weeks for a ban. I'm just saying that it's plenty of time for a saying a spoiler.

unlike reds original he actually legitimately put the last 30-45 minutes in a condensed 2-3 sentences

Also before endgame came out we had a spoiler pin in movies tv where it is discussed about got

And I updated it to include endgame/other movies

I pinned my message on Thursday 4/25 a few hours before I went to the endgame premiere because I went to lunch first at like 130.

And his was after it had been pinned. I pinned that before 1pm pacific which is 4 east so before they saw it

for reference he posted his spoiler very shortly after reds spoiler so he definitely should have seen @virr warning in the chat. Since I saw the ban virr did before his spoiler of massive proportions.

all of this was copy pasted from my responses in a communication between discord staff/higher ups about the ban. personally i believe you post your spoilers with the textbook definition of trolling, to get a negative riled up response out of people. I also have no doubts that this is not the first nor the last of this kind of behavior from yourself. especially because you haven't really taken this ban protest seriously going as far as to basically tell someone who also made a protest for a ban for the same thing to fuck off out of your thread. with that in mind, i would give a -1 based on your attitude and the fact that i don't think the trolling behavior is in any way shape or form reformed or remorsed about.

forgot to put this but his ban took place after red was banned and after there was a whole discussion in #movies-tv. image0.png?width=215&height=466