Aegean

Mordeau Server

Hey everyone, as recommended by Phoenix I wanted to get the community's opinion on having a Mordhau server.

Do you play it, what are your thoughts on it, would you like an xG server?

Thanks everyone!

I'm sorry to say it, but Mordhau will be dead just as quickly as the next. Opening a xG server for a game that will literally be dead in less than a couple of weeks might be a little dumb. Let it settle for a while, a month or two, if Mordhau stays populated than hell yeah, open up a server on Mordhau; but for right now, it's looking like it'll go down just like chivarly. Fun looking game, but not enough people will put enough time into it. 

I love the game. I've been literally playing it nonstop over the weekend and had an absolute blast.

I must admit though, the community servers are good, but it's not something where people come back to the same server again and again. Not to mention, the game has only just suddenly gained lots of attention and I think it'd be best to keep it mind, but wait to see if the game's popularity remains consistent.

It would be fantastic idea to have a Mordhau role for discord, however and maybe even a Community Night?

On 5/14/2019 at 5:07 PM, Genocide said:

I'm sorry to say it, but Mordhau will be dead just as quickly as the next. Opening a xG server for a game that will literally be dead in less than a couple of weeks might be a little dumb. Let it settle for a while, a month or two, if Mordhau stays populated than hell yeah, open up a server on Mordhau; but for right now, it's looking like it'll go down just like chivarly. Fun looking game, but not enough people will put enough time into it. 

Whats wrong with having a server up while the game is active early on? Worst case scenario it'll be shut down when the game dies, its not like we pay for rental servers individually, all xG servers are on server boxes

Typically servers created earlier on have a higher chance of becoming popular, and if the game actually stuck around in popularity then we could regret not making a server early on

I just bought the game and would totally be down to hop on an xG server, i think we should give it a shot, who knows maybe we'll get more members from this game who might take interest in the other divisions as well

I dont understand why majority would be against something new with no negative side effects to it

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Egossi said:

Whats wrong with having a server up while the game is active early on? Worst case scenario it'll be shut down when the game dies, its not like we pay for rental servers individually, all xG servers are on server boxes

Typically servers created earlier on have a higher chance of becoming popular, and if the game actually stuck around in popularity then we could regret not making a server early on

I just bought the game and would totally be down to hop on an xG server, i think we should give it a shot, who knows maybe we'll get more members from this game who might take interest in the other divisions as well

I dont understand why majority would be against something new with no negative side effects to it

I actually completely agree with Egossi and see the logic in it. +1. Also Tekk, play Mordhau with the gang sometimes please. 

spacer.png yes 

I am down for a server  and would 100% love to help moderate, organize and run it.
 Ive been playing these games since the fucking concept of chivalry medieval warfare was a mod off of source Called Age of Chivalry - 2007, the mod died off slowly cause of chivalry but still garnished a few communities of people that would get on just to play or practice for clan vs clan. After Chivalry officially came out people began to migrate to that game which of course had to more to offer, The game was a blast  but unfortunately i didnt like chivalry all too much due to the fact the progression was slow, weapon meta required certain weapons for certain characters and blocking was just icky to me, the defense was so bad that you could only kill if you caught someone off guard or fights would be become stamina battles that just determines who has the most at the end, it was literally block block and block till eventually people started getting fishy kills  so i left. These Fishy Kills ended up being what killed the game because players had found ways to exploit the battle system to bypass the stamina drain fight by manipulating their characters to get weird hits on enemies. Unfortunately this drove the damn skill ceiling super high, the community had shut out those who could not master these exploits making it difficult for anyone to enjoy and stick around. The only few hundred people still on are most likely Clans preparing for a clan v clan  or people who just really love the game.

Cheeky Game Breaking Attacks  Examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50tVaWg618

Before these Exploits both the game and the mod were fun arcadey  run and slash games that ive grown to love over the years. And i am more than excited to tell you that Mordhau delivers beautifully to the Sword fighting Community. For those who have played the game you already KNOW about the maps, the BRUTALIZATION of those before you (potato with the ballista on sigs horses  :coffee:), the game modes and THE FUCKING CUSTOMIZATION, and of course you know its a blast with friends. But some of you may not know about how well fucking tuned the combat is compared to previous titles, like holy shit, im excited just typing this. They Fixed the exploits i presented in the link, you can still do them but you can protect yourself from them and EVERY OTHER ATTACK. Not only can you block weapons but you can block arrows/projectiles mhm i hear you say but not only can you block these attacks you can fucking strike them with your weapons! Hit arrows out of the arrow, shoot catapault shots out of the air, Clash with 4 other people's weapons, chamber them, counter them, the multiple ways you can defend yourself is outright GOD LIKE cause you feel like fucking ATHEN GOD OF WAR ON THE BATTLE FIELD, No one can cheese you, fights are fair (based on the games definition of fair not yours (1 v 5 is legit (git gud))).  This game gives you so much control of your outcomes i feel like 30 isnt enough for the game, it should be priced higher cause not only do you have the base game for fun but you have a whole new system to master and weapons to fool around with!

The game is at a high point with nothing but good shit to say to say across the board, it would be best to take advantage of this boom of popularity and grow the xg community by inviting this once before neglected genre and breathe new life around here. Yes the game will die down but if you actually know what you are talking about you would know that games like these develop loyal fan bases that stretch for years, hldm2 still have active servers that i used to go to as a kid, nuclear dawn still got that 1 server, Natural selection 2  a game that launched in 2012 that no body knows about with literally 500 people on a day still posts updates to this day and are CURRENTLY HOLDING TOURNAMENTS next 1 being june of 2019. Communities grow around games, flourish and foster each member (while excluding new comers). to say the game might die is such a huge disrespect to the developers that poured 5 years with limited resources into this game. MordHau will definitely establish its communities in a couple months of dedicated players and have already announced a new map, mod support and judging from the devs desire to make the game competitive, ofc ranked matches (dont quote me on any of this)/

If i was to stake everything on it, mordhau is here to stay, there are no other competitors other than Mount and Blade 2 coming out and still the only other shit is War of the Fucking Roses or whatever Chivalery with wizards bullshit the Chiv Devs Made. There are a few servers that would possibly work, ideally frontline causes those servers are always full while people itching to kill, and 1 v 1, if well managed you could manage start a small gathering people just sparring in the server which have alot of demand.I strongly feel you should take this opportunity as a community to start a campaign to branch out. build the community back up and start fresh, bringing more people in and diversify the pool of genres/games you guys dip into .... by mainly clout chasing but still. And if you were to start going anywhere fresh shit like Mordhau would be best the best way to go. 

also side note, i would 120% throw a community night tournament day 1

Edited by Sojodak (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Sojodak said:

These Fishy Kills ended up being what killed the game because players had found ways to exploit the battle system to bypass the stamina drain fight by manipulating their characters to get weird hits on enemies. Unfortunately this drove the damn skill ceiling super high, the community had shut out those who could not master these exploits making it difficult for anyone to enjoy and stick around.

fuck the mouse dragging mechanics of chivalry

i can confirm i stopped playing it because the game turned into "who can do a more retarded looking attack and somehow stab the other opponent from seemingly within the ground", after putting 50 hours into it back in 2014, i even bought a few skins