Aegean

Mordhau official xG Server

Mordhau Server Update  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play xG Mordhau if we have a server.

• Yes
    • No because I don't have the game
    • No (Any other reason)

I want to know:

• What mode would you prefer
  • How many player slots do you THINK we'll need
  • Would you play it (Why/Why not)
  • Any other thoughts or comments

I found a few providers so I could pay at least for a trial phase in June, and continue paying for it if it does bring in people or if there is enough interest. If you're also interested in running or helping with it (either/or) you can DM me on discord. 

~Happy Gaming

I like to play frontlines the most, though I think a dueling/deathmatch server could do well too.
Frontlines default is a 64 slot server afaik (32 per team), but the mode works fine in a 48 player setting too (24 per team). Much less than that and I think you would run into issues with it feeling a bit sparse for players.  If it is a duels server you can get away with as few as 10 slots, usually the deathmatch maps are a lot smaller and particularly with duels you want to give people plenty of space. I think maybe 16-20 if just plain deathmatch is what you want.
I don't have any way to confirm this, but I was reading that kicking bothersome players (ie constant tk people) requires you type out their full name including any special characters. Reportedly people do abuse that fact when trying to troll the server somewhat frequently.

Edited by mrnutty12 (see edit history)

I would definitely be interested in helping with running the server. I would also be willing to help cover the cost of a server (be it 48/64 Frontline or a smaller duels server).

I personally feel like Frontline is the way to go at the moment because its incredibly fun and very casual. I think you can't go wrong with either a 48 or 64 slot server but if I had to choose,  I would go with 48 slot.

Edited by Thrillhouse (see edit history)

I think the best would be a deathmatch duel server, could also make it a rotation and have it switch between deathmatch and skirmish, a size of 24 slots i think should be enough to hold the max amount of the players we'll get

I play this game a lot now so i'd be down to mod or organize events, write rules too for duels if needed

I cant edit my post

Also a frontline server could be risky as it often requires a medium/large playerbase to keep people on and interested, safest bets for having a successful server would be deathmatch duels, team deathmatch, skirmish or horde (but horde is really shitty and gets old)