Tekk

Add Non Gaming Maps To TGH

Add non gaming history maps to TGH  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Add non gaming history maps to TGH

• No
    • Yes

Whilst this may be the most controversial poll there's been in a while, I'd like to hear opinions about it.

As you all know, the population for Team Fortress 2 as a whole isn't what it used to be. This also means that less custom maps are being made and very few of which resembling old video games (that also fit the TGH Deathmatch gamemode)

TF2, as some would say, is getting stale due to a lack of new content. I would like propose that we start adding non video game history maps to TGH in order to keep the game fresh and exciting. 

Here are a few maps (minor details may need to be changed) that I've found that may interest you all:

GAMEBANANA.COM

A Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Map in the Deathmatch category, by sp744
GAMEBANANA.COM

Overwatch Nepal Sanctum Layout... A Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Map in the King of The Hill category, by Alfa1337

(loosely based on Overwatch Nepal Sanctum anyway)

GAMEBANANA.COM

A Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Map in the King of The Hill category, by Spartan1179090

Let me know your thoughts!

I think it'll be a nice change of pace. With Trade Gaming History, the map selection is narrow and people will get tired of the same maps, so I think spicing it up a bit would be good and make it feel fresh.

Well, although it would remove the main point of TGH, it may be a good idea. Keeping things fresh would help population likely. If we found some really good maps and added them, that would likely be a good course of action in my opinion. There are people that won't be happy about non-gaming maps being added, but as long as we keep the old maps, it shouldn't be too much if a problem I think.

I can't believe people are voting yes for this

the whole point of tgh is ment to be maps based on video games and people playing on the maps casually and just doing whatever, making the server have random ass deathmatch maps ruins the entire point of the server.

The servers not ment to be deathmatch server #2314, it's trade gaming history, for gaming maps. Random people who join are going to be more likely to stay if we play on cool gaming maps instead of generic deathmatch maps, like if back when i joined tgh the server had deathmatch maps and when I found tgh it was on a random deathmatch map I probably wouldn't have even joined the server at all.

also if this vote actually goes through I wouldn't be surprised if we get a ton more random deathmatch maps added to the server and half of the servers map list would end up as random deathmatch maps more than actual tgh which to me is just a joke

The only non gaming maps I would like to see come back are both cyberpunks and any non gaming maps that were on the server in the past because they actually have history with the server. (with the exeption of masscc being kept as a map we can go to with a command by a higherup or whatever)

Also side note to my post, I think it would also be appropriate to rename the server if we go with this change. As to what, I am not sure, but the change would accommodate the new maps like @BonfireCentipede mentioned.

2 hours ago, BonfireCentipede said:

I can't believe people are voting yes for this

the whole point of tgh is ment to be maps based on video games and people playing on the maps casually and just doing whatever, making the server have random ass deathmatch maps ruins the entire point of the server.

The servers not ment to be deathmatch server #2314, it's trade gaming history, for gaming maps. Random people who join are going to be more likely to stay if we play on cool gaming maps instead of generic deathmatch maps, like if back when i joined tgh the server had deathmatch maps and when I found tgh it was on a random deathmatch map I probably wouldn't have even joined the server at all.

also if this vote actually goes through I wouldn't be surprised if we get a ton more random deathmatch maps added to the server and half of the servers map list would end up as random deathmatch maps more than actual tgh which to me is just a joke

The only non gaming maps I would like to see come back are both cyberpunks and any non gaming maps that were on the server in the past because they actually have history with the server. (with the exeption of masscc being kept as a map we can go to with a command by a higherup or whatever)

The way youre thinking of it is that it is all intended to be deathmatch. However, this is not entirely the case, and you should be open to find maps similar in style and game mode to cyberpunk as that is what it will be like. What i said earlier about deathmatch maps to grape was badly phrased and i apologize for that. However, i intend to add various maps similar the typical theme and style of tgh in order to promote growth and popularity to the server

I am undecided on this. On one hand it could add more variety to the server and that could be a good thing. On the other I do feel it would largely take away from the point of the server being "TGH".

I think non-gaming maps should be added. Yes, it goes against the theme of the server, but when your theme is a fairly niche thing that not many maps are made for anymore in a game that is dying at a rapid rate, I don't think it matters. Anything that brings people in and keeps them coming back should be more important right now than maintaining the integrity of the server's theme, especially when that theme is not bringing in the same people it used to. 

But hey, what do I know? 

Trade Gaming History, means a trading server, that has maps from gaming history.  This makes less sense then TF2’s dev support. How do we even know this will help the population that much? Why should we ruin a servers identity and possibly rebrand to add a few maps that maybe creates a short boost in player count. The issue with the servers population is a problem with TF2, not the server. If population is an issue, try pushing the servers more and get rid of the servers that don’t have a population to begin with (ex. Stock rotation). 

If we want to increase the population, make 24/7 bunker server.

Edited by nuen (see edit history)