Cr0w64

Allow Music Spam in the TF2 servers

Allow Micspam in the TF2 servers  

15 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should it be allowed if done professionally?

• Hell yeah!
    • Not feeling that one, chief.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/18/19 at 07:00 AM

Question

I think that xG's TF2 servers would be a little more fun if people were allowed to bring Virtual Audio Cable and Foobar to the server and mic spam whatever music they have saved. I got the idea from Neonheights. But I feel like if we handle this the right way, it can be a lot less obnoxious here than it is over there. What do you all think about it? Should we go for it? And if not, how come?

AdorablePoisedBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Cr0w64 (see edit history)

7 answers to this question

Even if it is done 'professionally', not everyone wants to hear it. The conversations our players have are more important than someone blasting music over the mic out of nowhere.
Staff aren't able to client-side mute users as hongkongatron mentioned in the server earlier today, so we would be forced to listen to it while other players would have the freedom to mute the user playing the music if they didn't want to hear it.

However, if a vote is made and it passes I don't see anything wrong with them playing their music.

With that being said, I'm going to have to give a heavy -1 to this.

3 minutes ago, Cr0w64 said:

I'm disassociating with this post because it's heavily leaning one way and the best course of action for me is to toss it aside and forget it. Probably won't be posting again anytime soon

tenor (2).gif

lol aight learn to take a hit funnyman 🧂

closed at request of op

Big big big -1. Staff and donators can do votes. If the server has only a few people on (none having access to sm_vote) and everyone responds and says yes, I don't see why not, but if there's just suddenly music playing while people are trying to have a conversation over voice chat, it's definitely a problem.

5 minutes ago, Cr0w64 said:

I'm disassociating with this post because it's heavily leaning one way and the best course of action for me is to toss it aside and forget it. Probably won't be posting again anytime soon

what