Sign in to follow this  
ChickenPanda

Some class tips for spy

Well, I know a lot of new TF2 players have trouble with spy, so let me help you a bit with disguising.

Disguise options:

Scout - Very bad (cant run fast, cant double jump)

Soldier - Bad (slower)

Pyro - Good (equal speed)

Demoman - Not good (bit slower)

Heavy - VERY bad (very slow)

Engineer - good (as long as you are around buildings)

Medic - Not good (medic is a bit faster, you should be healing)

Sniper - Good (they dont do much)

Spy - Great (disguising as enemy spy is the best idea)

well, disguising as a spy on the other team is not really the best idea because most people think its obvious if your coming toward them. Most of the time if they are a spy on the other team they would be disguised as your team already...

disguising as a spy on the other team is not really the best idea because most people think its obvious if your coming toward them

This goes for every class that you disguise as, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Most of the time if they are a spy on the other team they would be disguised as your team already...

Exactly. This is why it is best to disguise as spy, because you can be around your team and the opposite team will think that you are just killing people. Also, if you are near them disguised as spy, they will assume you are already disguised and are headed toward killing people.

Some other tips don't just go up to backstab people actually look like you are part of their team believe me it works, also it doesn't really matter who you disguise as, as long as you actually look like the normal playing class.

well, disguising as a spy on the other team is not really the best idea because most people think its obvious if your coming toward them. Most of the time if they are a spy on the other team they would be disguised as your team already...

But when your disguised there's a little mask that goes over your head to show that you are a disguised spy. When you disguise as another spy you don't get that mask so...its still more obvious than other classes.

But when your disguised there's a little mask that goes over your head to show that you are a disguised spy. When you disguise as another spy you don't get that mask so...its still more obvious than other classes.

Yes, the mask is your disguise, which is what I was saying. You always get the mask when you disguise as an enemy spy.

I don't know if that is necessarily true, because I have seen people who were disguised as the enemy team's spy and they still had the mask on, at least with the eternal reward I have noticed that.

Yes, the mask is your disguise, which is what I was saying. You always get the mask when you disguise as an enemy spy.

I meant the other team doesn't see a mask. When you look at a spy that's on your side they're always wearing that mask because that's what spies do. But if you are disguised AS a spy, they look at you and you might be red but you don't get that mask that shows that you are disguised which makes you look suspicious.

I've noticed that when I see other spies at least.

But if you are disguised AS a spy, they look at you and you might be red but you don't get that mask that shows that you are disguised which makes you look suspicious.

No, both teams see a mask. This has been tested by many people.

Edit: UNLESS... the person is using a Your Eternal Reward and the person was not disguised when he was backstabbed.