Peeble

Bring back dead chat.

edit: had typed this out before Chrono posted.

Before someone says "use admin chat for that" not all issues have to be solved through mods/admins, especially if you're not sure if it was a freekill or not. You can't simply ask the person to clarify on orders directly, you have to go through mods/admins (who commonly give the reply "didn't see it, can't do anything").

Not everything has to be dealt harshly either (this goes back to fostering a larger community). There have been many cases where I just ask the person, "Hey X, why did you kill me?" only to find out it was a simple mistake and the person happily slays themselves, problem solved. The other side of the coin is a mod slays the person with no warning, then they get mad and even when a mod explains what they did wrong they already have a sour taste in their mouth. They'll always remember xG as the server with the dick mods that slayed them (I am not saying this is true, this is just how they'll remember xG).

There were mods that were dead. They just didn't see it.

Because your bland brown text doesn't stand out. admin chat is there for a reason. it is a different color, if you were freekilled tell an admin and they will ask about it.

edit: had typed this out before Chrono posted.

Before someone says "use admin chat for that" not all issues have to be solved through mods/admins, especially if you're not sure if it was a freekill or not. You can't simply ask the person to clarify on orders directly, you have to go through mods/admins (who commonly give the reply "didn't see it, can't do anything").

Admins do that too. If you complain about a freekill and they didn't necessarily see it, they can simply ask "Hey X, why did you kill Y?" and get clarification there. if there is no reason they will slay.

Admins do that too. If you complain about a freekill and they didn't necessarily see it, they can simply ask "Hey X, why did you kill Y?" and get clarification there. if there is no reason they will slay.

Yeah and I understand that, but there have also been many situations that happened to me personally where the mods simply ends it on "didn't see it", not asking the person anything.

Yeah and I understand that, but there have also been many situations that happened to me personally where the mods simply ends it on "didn't see it", not asking the person anything.

Give me names, or I can't talk to them, and when they say that just send another message "Could you atleast ask ___________ why he freekilled me?"

Give me names, or I can't talk to them, and when they say that just send another message "Could you atleast ask ___________ why he freekilled me?"

I don't have names and I'm sorry for pushing this thread off topic. Anyways, this change is still bad. I haven't encountered a single person (other than Chrono/Dontbleed) that think this change is a good idea (not only regular players, but xG members and staff).

>Silence said it wasn't supposed to be on in the first place

>I said it wasn't supposed to be on in the first place, and gave reasons as to why it shouldn't have been there.

>Those reasons were backed by Bleed, the most active of all the gays until his steam was derp.

And the only reason provided that isn't something that is supposed to be handled by admins through admin chat, supplied through teamspeak is because you want to have a conversation with the people still alive, and that has no place in the server, that should be taken to steam or teamspeak or some other way of communication other than game chat. Game chat is for the game, not your personal life.

But it's not just personal communication, you can be discussing things relevant to the game (which is most often the case).

Look, you're supposed to be doing what is best for the server. Do you truly believe this is best for the server, even when there is only one active player (dontbleed) that agrees with you?

My problem isn't with freekilling or contacting admins, it's just the effect it has on the community part of the server. It's less fun when you can't speak to people who are alive.

Then get more people on Teamspeak! There's no rules there, yah dingus. Plus, it'll help the community grow.

IMO Teamspeak is more annoying than anything. I don't know how you people tell who's talking in game or in TS. It's especially annoying when people in game and in TS are just BS'ing and you can't hear wardens orders over the fucking TS people. "So turn up the game audio"......OK then I can't hear TS people...whatever, TS is funny when you can ghost, but that's about it.

I vote for bringing back dead chat. If there are no mods on, then there's no way to get an answer to why you were killed. By the time the round is over, the CT forgot why they killed you anyway. For learning purposes for newbs, dead chat is very helpful.

IMO Teamspeak is more annoying than anything. I don't know how you people tell who's talking in game or in TS. It's especially annoying when people in game and in TS are just BS'ing and you can't hear wardens orders over the fucking TS people. "So turn up the game audio"......OK then I can't hear TS people...whatever, TS is funny when you can ghost, but that's about it.

I vote for bringing back dead chat. If there are no mods on, then there's no way to get an answer to why you were killed. By the time the round is over, the CT forgot why they killed you anyway. For learning purposes for newbs, dead chat is very helpful.

CS:S doesn't have it, so it's not really an issue. Dead chat wasn't even supposed to active. You enjoyed it for a while, but the time has ended.

CS:S doesn't have it, so it's not really an issue. Dead chat wasn't even supposed to active. You enjoyed it for a while, but the time has ended.

I don't really think it matters how it is on CS:S or how it was supposed to be in the first place. It's become so ingrained with the players of the server that the loss of this is only causing more harm than good.

I don't really think it matters how it is on CS:S or how it was supposed to be in the first place. It's become so ingrained with the players of the server that the loss of this is only causing more harm than good.

You guys still have admin chat. If you really need to contact a person, type it in admin chat, as I have rarely ever seen a time when an admin was not on. It's a nice feature in Mini-games, but in jailbreak, where a new CT spoils the position of a rebelling T is just a much of reason to turn it off, than to allow it. It's more of a safe backup than anything. Plus, you can still talk to each other while you're dead, but alive players need to focus on the game at hand. You can weigh both sides pretty equally, but the major reason it was removed is because it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

Side Note : Zombie Server is gonna be up later today.