ForestFire

Astera xgm - Counter-Strike: Source

Alright. Well, it was a freeslay. Which he gave himself the proper punishment for. However, from what he told me you were disrespecting him for the slay. Accidents do happen. I understand you got upset but, don't take it out on him. I muted you once the round started because you started yelling at him some more. I was unaware he had gagged you previously for the disrespect so he kicked you for continued disrespect. If the gag was valid then the kick was valid. I wasn't dead to see dead chat so I can't exactly weigh in on that.

@@Kirigaya_Kazuto in the future ask them first why they killed you. Unless you are certain beyond a reasonable doubt that it was a freekill. I understand things happen, sometimes we mess up.

Overall -1 for abuse.

@@Halfbaked Next time just calmly ask why you were slayed. Or ask in admin chat so a higher up could properly handle it.

Edit; Chat logs show you calling him a "fucking new mod" you disrespected. Gag was valid, kick was valid.

How is calling a mod a new mob disrespect? I understand calling him BAD is alittle disrespect but seriously

I'd say it's something like telling them they hardly know anything about moderating and constantly freeslays/gags/etc, For a new mod they usually don't do much until they get the hang of things. But he's not really new.

I believe the gag was valid, Plus it's just a gag, who even cares? it lasts for 1 round or less.

True but most mods/admins will ask you why they were killed before slaying someone.

Usually they do this when they're unsure about freekills, (as in they're not 100% certain if it was a freekill or something like that)

Another edit.. They also usually only do that when someone asks why they were killed.

I do not deny i did freeslayed him. I didn't hear him say jumping was restricted and he killed me. I did not gag him for arguing with me about the freeslay, I gaged him for dissrespect. I said I was sorry it was an accident but then after i say that, he says "Wow new mod freeslayed me, What a fucking idiot" I count it as disrespect so i gaged him.

Actually he said "Wow this fucking new mob is bad. Fucking freeslays"

That isn't disrespect.... you're all fucking badmins! Fucking Freegags!

I don't see why you tried to hide the fact you said something to actually get gagged for. How about next time, like HidingMaster said, take a screenshot of the whole console instead of making this sound entirely one sided.

And -5 points to Gryffindor for hiding your own words that got you gagged.

I do not deny i did freeslayed him. I didn't hear him say jumping was restricted and he killed me. I did not gag him for arguing with me about the freeslay, I gaged him for dissrespect. I said I was sorry it was an accident but then after i say that, he says "Wow new mod freeslayed me, What a fucking idiot" I count it as disrespect so i gaged him.

If he found it to be disrespectful which it was, then he can gag. Also, not to mention the fact he started disrespecting more once the round started over voice chat.

But once again, it's better to ask why they killed you rather than just slay them. Unless you are absolutely sure it was a freekill.

Stop being one sided guys. If you were to be slain for an unjust reason, you would be pretty upset and most likely say something out of sheer anger. Albeit it's not something that should be practised, but it does happen occasionally from our players, and Moderators/Administrators should account for that before gagging so abruptly.

Come on, cut the guy some slack. He was just slain out of the blue without a single warning, and then found out that the slay was completely unjustified, interrupting what could have been a fine round of Wardening. Is that not more than enough reason to have a couple of words slip out due to frustration and anger toward the Staff Member who dealt the slay?

As John said, if you are completely sure that what happened justifies a slay, then do it. But if you aren't 100% sure, then ask first. You can't be 80% sure, you can't be 90% sure, you have to be 100%, lest you end up free slaying. This was a display of power abuse, even if just minor, however; it doesn't warrant anything other than a talking to. @@Kirigaya_Kazuto Don't let it happen again mate, make sure to follow rules/regulations when dealing with Admin Commands to keep these sort of situations to a minimum; and @@Halfbaked realize that our Staff isn't perfect. Mistakes will happen, so before you end up cussing a storm or somethin', just keep that in mind.

- Dat guy, Forest

Stop being one sided guys. If you were to be slain for an unjust reason, you would be pretty upset and most likely say something out of sheer anger. Albeit it's not something that should be practised, but it does happen occasionally from our players, and Moderators/Administrators should account for that before gagging so abruptly.

Come on, cut the guy some slack. He was just slain out of the blue without a single warning, and then found out that the slay was completely unjustified, interrupting what could have been a fine round of Wardening. Is that not more than enough reason to have a couple of words slip out due to frustration and anger toward the Staff Member who dealt the slay?

As John said, if you are completely sure that what happened justifies a slay, then do it. But if you aren't 100% sure, then ask first. You can't be 80% sure, you can't be 90% sure, you have to be 100%, lest you end up free slaying. This was a display of power abuse, even if just minor, however; it doesn't warrant anything other than a talking to. @@Kirigaya_Kazuto Don't let it happen again mate, make sure to follow rules/regulations when dealing with Admin Commands to keep these sort of situations to a minimum; and @@Halfbaked realize that our Staff isn't perfect. Mistakes will happen, so before you end up cussing a storm or somethin', just keep that in mind.

- Dat guy, Forest

Ten points from Gryffindor then.

But yeah, didn't mean to sound one sided in my post, I was making a quick reply, had a car break down today.

Yes, it was abuse, and I will be talking to him about it, but this shouldn't warrant a ban/demotion. It's a minor offense.

If he found it to be disrespectful which it was, then he can gag. Also, not to mention the fact he started disrespecting more once the round started over voice chat.

But once again, it's better to ask why they killed you rather than just slay them. Unless you are absolutely sure it was a freekill.

If he found it to be "disrespectful" than he fails at being a mod because what halfbaked said is actually listed specifically as something that is NOT DISRESPECT:

What is not considered disrespect

• The frustrated occasional cuss words. Everyone gets annoyed when playing video games.
  • Arguing over map choice.
  • Attempting to state your opinion in a non-malicious way. Swearing is not malicious in anyway.

As Forest has stated... no shit he was pissed off and continued afterwords when the next round started... he just got freeslayed by a badmod that wasn't paying attention and then invalidly gagged... I would be pissed off too...

Forest pretty much sums it up. Staff members aren't perfect. Try and keep a level head when things happen. Just remember, you can always ask in admin chat. If you would have brought it to me I could have handled it. However, I was alive and couldn't see dead chat.

@@Matsi some people take some things as disrespect that others don't. I took what he said as disrespect. You may not but, I do.

I was wrong on the slay. i give you that but there are verying levels of disrespect. Your level is obviously higher than mine, as i am sensitive to it.

-1, it's minor abuse, nothing to warrant any major punishment.

@@Kirigaya_Kazuto For as long as you are mod, you will have people calling you a bad mod(Mostly the people who are just pissed off about being slayed, even if it was valid), eventually you'll have to adapt to it.

@@Matsi There are varying types of disrespect. There is a thing called "Admin disrespect", meaning they're disrespecting their job as an admin. Though it shouldn't be taken seriously, someone saying "You're a bad mod", or anything of that sort, CAN be considered admin disrespect. If someone called you a shit mod I doubt you wouldn't be defensive about it.

I was wrong on the slay. i give you that but there are verying levels of disrespect. Your level is obviously higher than mine, as i am sensitive to it.

Why would you be sensitive to someone calling you a bad mod over the Internet after you fucked up doing your job?

I try and do my job and when people bitch at me over one screw up calling me "bad mod" I think it's disrespect.

Why would you be sensitive to someone calling you a bad mod over the Internet after you fucked up doing your job?

I try and do my job and when people bitch at me over one screw up calling me "bad mod" I think it's disrespect.

I would repeat my previous post but its clear your fweelins get hurt easily.