Eden

[serious] Cs:s Division Disscussion

Do you think this will improve the division?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this will improve the division?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I think we really need to seriously talk about the div in it's current state, we need to start taking this seriously. I've played on cs:s when it had hub and now (vanilla). The only plugin that kind of works is the warden plugin which is obvious because it is needed. The other plugin is the bomb plugin, that was added just to make up for no hub bombs. Then again every other cs:s jb server has the warden and bomb plugin, my point is that there is nothing that makes xG stand out from other cs:s servers. Either we add other little mods that improve cs:s just a little or even add a beta hub for testing. We could start out small with just hats and trails, we already have trails on cs:s so from my knowledge (then again I don't know anything about it) hopefully it shouldn't be that hard. Then after we have that smoothly running we could add a few more things, like tracers and skin colors (we just really need black). I'm going to tag a few people that would give a valuable opinion. @Tsuchikure @Hidingmaster @Bleed @Jeevo(Justkidding) @Nomulous @Rhododendron @DrLee . If I missed anyone in the tags please leave a comment, I know I'm only a member that has nothing to do with any of this. As a player of cs:s for well over 6 months I believe that this will greatly improve the cs:s division.

~Thanks Eden

@Rhododendron has said before that CS:S isn't as profitable as TF2, as the servers aren't always full, in fact they're often empty. I would love to see hub returned, it's a matter of economics though. If the CS:S division can provide more donations or ad views I think we'd see hub back.

Well from what I'm seeing there are more donations for cs:s than tf2, so I don't really see it doing much better... @Rhododendron What does the money go towards anyways? i.e buying plugins or something because I have no idea :/ ?

5aa4c05aeae0e_cssdonations.PNG.4cad114456abd4b127a1b1445c4629c4.PNG

5aa4c05b1dffb_tf2donations.PNG.d5a13424d4770c0022a1fdcab137a330.PNG

@Rhododendron has said before that CS:S isn't as profitable as TF2, as the servers aren't always full, in fact they're often empty. I would love to see hub returned, it's a matter of economics though. If the CS:S division can provide more donations or ad views I think we'd see hub back.

Somebody should explain this... theres never been proof of it. CSS is still populated as it has been for many years. Of course you lose people when you abandon a div.. it could still be 50 people if there was effort put into it.

and @Eden most of the donations go to just keeping the servers running. Server bills arent cheap.

Well from what I'm seeing there are more donations for cs:s than tf2, so I don't really see it doing much better... @Rhododendron What does the money go towards anyways? i.e buying plugins or something because I have no idea :/ ?

keeping the server alive i believe

I think what may be the best course of action is shutting down a few of the servers no one is ever on. I don't know if the servers are bundled together or if they are each a single cost, but I think we could probably do without BHop and Surf DM. I hardly ever see those servers with any players in them

When we did have hub, our jb server was more populated and had more people interested in us due to what we had to offer. I understand that it is a-lot of work to do in making sure that everything added works smoothly, and that it doesn't make the server lag. Overall though I think we should atleast give it another shot. I mean what do we have to lose?

Im not saying working on hub is easy, but NOBODY IS WORKING ON IT ANYWAY. By dumb logic, you could say "TF2 gets more people, so lets make THAT better before the servers that ACTUALLY NEED IT"

or, you could look at it more logically and say " Since TF2 is already doing well, why dont we improve the servers falling behind?"

All I ask is SOMEONE work on it, instead of saying for a whole year that it's being worked on, just for it to not be getting worked on, or get abandoned.

Hub wont solve all CSS's problems, but it will help population. If you cant work on a server, why have it?

No one's funding it. Yes, there are donations, but they aren't substantial enough to pay for both Servers and Hub. I'd honestly like to see a number (or at least an estimate) of how much it would cost to fund it @Rhododendron if that's even the problem. That includes the [possible] cost of paying for a coder. I firmly believe that if given a number to work with, Players/Members would be more inclined to provide donations rather than working with a "give money and things will happen eventually".

#anotherhubthread2014 look at HG for example they still play with 1 map and population of the server is usually 40-60 average, they have coders within the community and take care of the regular server maintenance,here is some 12 grade math for you (hub + css = more players) , (more players+hub+custom stuff to actually donate for=$$$$$$$$ for xG) and i'm pretty sure that's what keeps @Rhododendron happy. :afro:

Edited by Rhododendron (see edit history)

I agree with @DrLee, something as small as that will bring back a bunch of players. Also @xGShadowSpy made a good point in saying, if we keep watch of tf2 and help cs:s build back up there will be way more donations coming from both divisions. Eventually we can start to customize it more and keep everyone happy. Again this is just an idea, I'm just suggesting that we take this more seriously than we are now. We need a DL who can actually work on cs:s a little bit over time. Playing league and watching anime is not going to help the server any bit @Tsuchikure... Now I'm not blaming you for not working on hub, I'm just stating that since you've become DL I don't think you've worked on hub one bit. Now I know it isn't easy, but from what I've heard and seen you don't put in any effort to try and help with hub. I'd be more then glad to find out how all of this works and do the best I can to help code this, but I'm not DL and I don't have the powers to do this. That is just some more input.

~Thanks Eden

Instead of us having a pissing fight over each other we should just have a fund raiser every once and a-while and hire someone or look for someone who will actually put time and effort into coding hub.

-My 2 cents

• Who Viewed the Topic

6 members have viewed this topic:
    Chrono LeToucan ScottNi jaygoki WarioX2 Realsly