Scootaloo

Vector And I Are Writing A New Rules And Punishment Guideline. We Need Your Input.

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT intended to be a replacement list of rules for all servers. It was written to be a guide on how to deal with rulebreakers with precise instructions for different scenarios. Please stop referring to it as a rules list.

So, here is the work in progress that is already done. Please feel free to input your thoughts/feelings/ideas so that we can fine-tune this and get it as perfect as possible.

xG TF2 Trade Server Guidelines for Dealing with Rule Breakers

This is a comprehensive guideline for Mods and Admins to reference to when looking for specific ways to deal with rule breakers. If an answer cannot be found within this guide, please speak with a DM or higher for consultation.

For future reference, the generally accepted process of steps a mod/admin should take when dealing with rule breakers should generally be at their discretion, but it is generally done in the following order:

Warn -> Gag/Mute/Silence/Slay -> Kick -> Ban

Ban lengths are dependent on the severity of the offense, but usually do not exceed an hour for minor offenses. If the offense is big enough, a day, week, or permanent ban may be implemented.

Exploits

Severity Level: Moderate

Any player caught exploiting glitches in game to give them an unfair advantage are subjected to punishment. Some known exploits include the Uber-Friendly Glitch, Critfarming on non-friendly yet invincible players (God Mode/Buddha Mode), Bonk Flight Glitch, etc. etc.

Players who are exploiting should be immediately warned. If they continue to repeat the offense, slay/kick the player with a warning explaining what they did wrong. If the offense is repeated yet again, the player will be subjected to a ban of AT LEAST one hour, ranging up to a day. For multiple offenses, the ban may be lengthened to a week.

Chat/Mic Spam

Severity: Low

Out of all the offenses you will face, this will be the most common. Chat spam is easily identifiable. If a player is typing the same message enough to take up 4+ chat lines in the window, it can classify as chat spam. Any player caught spamming chat are subjected to punishment.

Players who are chat spamming should be immediately warned verbally or in chat and asked to stop. If they persist, initiate a gag, which is automatically set to 30 minutes. If after the allotted time has passed, the individual continues to spam chat, the player may be kicked. If they return and persist, bans may be put into place, ranging from an hour in length to a day. Ban lengths are at the Mod/Admin’s discretion.

Mic Spam is classified as any overuse of the microphone that is deemed as unnecessary. Some things that qualify as auto-mute offenses include playing music over the speakers, being loud and obnoxious, or the use of voice-changers or soundboards. These offenses will be followed by an immediate mute, then a day ban if it progresses. Follow the same process as chat spammers for any individual clogging the microphone.

If a player becomes muted or gagged, then disconnects and reconnects to the server, this is known as mutedodge or gagdodge. This is a serious offense that comes with an automatic 24 hour ban. No exceptions.

Spawncamping

To make things clear, Spawncamping is ALLOWED on all xG Trade servers. Many players dislike spawncamping, but it is not something we have rules against.

Bodyblocking

Severity: Moderate

Unlike Spawncamping, xG has a very strict policy when it comes to bodyblocking.

Bodyblocking classifies as the act of using your own body or a building to block the movement of other players. This can be done by placing sentries or dispensers in doorways or warp points that would cause players of the other team to clip and get stuck, so they may be easily killed. Any player caught bodyblocking are subjected to punishment. This should not be mistaken with using a dispenser to block an opening, which is allowed. It is only considered bodyblocking if a player is teleported into another player/building.

Bodyblocking should be swiftly dealt with in any instance. If a player is caught bodyblocking, they need to be immediately warned and told to cease, (Buildings may need to be moved.) If they do not comply, slay the individual to clear any buildings that may be bodyblocking other players and to remove the offender from his/her position. If they resume bodyblocking after you have instructed them not to, kick the individual. If they still persist, initiate a ban with the minimum length of 24 hours.

Friendly Mode

Severity: Low

Occasionally, we will have individuals that complain about being killed because they are “Friendly”. When this happens, there is a specific course of action that should be taken.

Mods and Admins should be actively urging friendly players to utilize the !friendly plugin. Any time a player complains about deaths because they are friendly, instruct them to use the plugin.

Not everyone will be compliant with the plugin, as some users have issues with the way their character models look while under the influence of !friendly. If you happen to meet one of these individuals, who does not use the plugin, knowing fully aware that it exists, then it can constitute as mic/chat spam.

Friendly players also have been known to be the targets of hateful comments and disrespect. If at any time you see a player being bullied for the use of the plugin, or for trying to be friendly in general, that is an offense that may warrant a gag/mute. The same is true for the reverse. If a player is being abusive because he/she is being killed and they are claiming to be friendly, that can also warrant a gag/mute.

Repeat Offenders

Severity: High

If a player has been known to cause issues in the servers, and has multiple offenses on record, including multiple kicks or bans for various (Or the same) issue, then higher consequences need to be administered. Ban lengths of up to a week can be issued if a player is continuously being an issue on a servers. If the severity is high enough, permanent bans can also be administered. Please consult with a DM or higher if you wish to permanently ban a player, and state the reasons why.

Advertising

Advertising for other servers and/or services are strictly forbidden on xG servers. If any individual advertises any sort of other server information, Twitch channel info, streaming services, web addresses, etc…, they will face an immediate permanent ban. No exceptions.

Hacking

Hacking constitutes immediate and severe punishments. If a player is caught using any sort of outside hacks to generate unfair advantages, they will face an immediate permanent ban with no chance of appeal.

If the hacks are blatantly obvious, a permanent ban may be instituted immediately without any sort of proof necessary. If a Mod/Admin suspects a hack but is not sure, PLEASE consult with another Mod/Admin/DM/DL to confirm or deny the use of a hack. If it is determined that the individual is indeed hacking, administer the permanent ban.

Death/Suicide Threats

On our servers, we take death threats and suicide threats very seriously. Both are very sensitive topics that we do not consider as joking matters, so they will be handled seriously.

If a player is threatening suicide, please make it known to that player that such threats are not taken lightly. Make it known that it is a bannable offense to threaten suicide to the patrons of our server, as such a serious topic should not be joked about. If the suicide threats continue, administer an immediate permanent ban.

The same can be said about death/murder threats. If a player is making serious acclaims of finding another individual and murdering them, take the same actions as the suicide threats. Administer a verbal warning (Along with a gag/mute if you think it is necessary), then permanently ban the individual should they persist. This should be administered in the event of indirect death threats as well. (“Someone should kill you…Go die…I wish someone would just end you already…” etc. etc.)

Harassment

Severity: Moderate

Harassment in any form is not to be taken lightly. Granted, people will take offense to just about anything under the sun, but if there is a reasonable claim to their offense, actions should be taken to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

The obvious forms of harassment (Racism, Sexism, etc. etc.) should be immediately confronted and dealt with. Disrespect is something that should be curbed as often as possible. If two players have issues with one another, calling each other names and insulting each other, mutes and gags can be administered in order to cool them down. If it is very severe, a kick may be needed.

Severe offenses, such as overly-racist comments, heavy insults, very personal insults, etc. should be handled as seriously. Ban lengths are up to the discretion of the Mod/Admin handling the situation. The most severe may result in permanent bans, (Consult with a DM or higher first.)

If there are any questions that you may have, or you further need clarification on any matter, please consult with a DM or the DL to clarify any questions you may have.

(This is a living document, meaning it is subject to change. Please check annually for any updates.)

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but why make them with Vector? Shouldn't this technically be consulted with your fellow DMs? Vector's a smart guy, but you have your DMs for a reason.

Besides that, rules look good to me. Regarding the hacking, I am almost ALWAYS able to tell. If I'm online, feel free to message me @othermods/admins

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but why make them with Vector? Shouldn't this technically be consulted with your fellow DMs?

Agreed. We don't want another "Darkwolf relying on @Warriorsfury " relationship do we? ;)

In all seriousness though, I feel like some of the content here may contradict other rules (correct me if I'm wrong) found in the "General" list of rules that involves mic spamming, cheating/exploiting, etc.

I like these rules but you should consult these with @Moosty @Rejects and @kbraszzz . Vector does know the trade servers and probably knows them better than 90% of staff but i think the DM and DL's should be consulted or at least have them involved

Agreed. We don't want another "Darkwolf relying on @Warriorsfury " relationship do we? ;)

In all seriousness though, I feel like some of the content here may contradict other rules (correct me if I'm wrong) found in the "General" list of rules that involves mic spamming, cheating/exploiting, etc.

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but why make them with Vector? Shouldn't this technically be consulted with your fellow DMs? Vector's a smart guy, but you have your DMs for a reason.

Besides that, rules look good to me. Regarding the hacking, I am almost ALWAYS able to tell. If I'm online, feel free to message me @othermods/admins

Because i know the rules better than you kids and this is from silence. He told me and scootaloo to do it. I don't see why it's a big deal, why can't i help give rules?

always a damn problem

You know there's more servers in this Div other than just the trade servers... right?

Pretty sure web addresses in general aren't "advertising" and I was under the impression people were allowed to share things like twitch, youtube.... they just weren't allowed to advertise another clan or server...?

Should enforce the spamming rule for things like pans and other annoying melee spamming as well as those voice cmd spammers and lenny faces... I hate joining the server and hearing pootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootis for 5 minutes straight.... :(

You know there's more servers in this Div other than just the trade servers... right?

Pretty sure web addresses in general aren't "advertising" and I was under the impression people were allowed to share things like twitch, youtube.... they just weren't allowed to advertise another clan or server...?

Should enforce the spamming rule for things like pans and other annoying melee spamming as well as those voice cmd spammers and lenny faces... I hate joining the server and hearing pootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootispootis for 5 minutes straight.... :(

That's why he posted it in general so people from other servers can post their rules for jailbreak for example?

1. Vector and I were tasked to this by Silence. Moosty also had a hand in inputting as well. I believe Rejects was currently busy with something else when we started, so we didn't want to bother him.

2. This is a general umbrella of WAYS TO HANDLE RULEBREAKERS for all xG TF2 servers. It isn't a static rule list, just preferred ways to handle those who break the rules. Silence felt it would be best to have a place to reference to for Mods/Admins who had questions about how to handle certain situations, just in case a DM or higher was unavailable to advise.

3. Everything above was written with Silence's input, so if you see it above, that's what is wanted. (AKA the website, youtube, and twitch advertising.)

4. Voice command spam currently has no rules against it, so it isn't going to be written in.

5. Lennys and binds aren't going anywhere and we aren't implementing any chat filter. If it's excessive, it can classify as spam, but people are allowed to do it, just as long as they aren't spamming it.

6. If there is anything that also needs to be added that we missed, that's what I am mostly looking for to be added. Hence the reason I posted here and not directly into the rules section. We wanted input first.

7. Specific guidelines will be added for the other divisions as well, including Jailbreak and Saxton Hale. We wanted to cover the general stuff first.

Because i know the rules better than you kids and this is from silence. He told me and scootaloo to do it. I don't see why it's a big deal, why can't i help give rules?

always a damn problem

Nigguh FUDGE yo tea. Tis merely just standard protocol among Divisions. It's never a good representation of a Division when changes are discussed with those who aren't Higher-Up, that's all. Gives off a "biased" air, n'ah mean. Also wtf, if Rhods recognizes your input as important, y the fudge aren't you a dm yet :bored:

Nigguh FUDGE yo tea. Tis merely just standard protocol among Divisions. It's never a good representation of a Division when changes are discussed with those who aren't Higher-Up, that's all. Gives off a "biased" air, n'ah mean. Also wtf, if Rhods recognizes your input as important, y the fudge aren't you a dm yet :bored:

because @Ohstopyou and other said they would leave xG if i got moderator, if i got DM i think they would commit sudoku. idk brah. why are you still community leader if you don't want to be. u fuck

if i got DM i think they would commit sudoku.

I don't know why I found this so funny but...

I fukkin loled man.

Sudoku- A puzzle in which players insert the numbers one to nine into a grid consisting of nine squares subdivided into a further nine smaller squares in such a way that every number appears once in each horizontal line, vertical line, and square.

Sepukku/Harra-Kiri- An act of suicide after being dishonored.

I don't know why I found this so funny but...

I fukkin loled man.

Sudoku- A puzzle in which players insert the numbers one to nine into a grid consisting of nine squares subdivided into a further nine smaller squares in such a way that every number appears once in each horizontal line, vertical line, and square.

Sepukku/Harra-Kiri- An act of suicide after being dishonored.

ai2.kym_cdn.com_entries_icons_original_000_012_132_thatsthejoke.jpg.0d9a405a9d73b1e1949c1129774c6559.jpg