Waimalu

20 Player Versus Server

Is there any way you can make our l4d2 server into a 20 player versus? A lot of people have been playing l4d2 lately and we usually don't have enough space for everyone. It would be amazing if we could convert the server into 20 players, especially one with good ping. @Bach @Liekos @Marceline @BananaShoes @Tomahawk @Gr8_Butt_M8 @Kart @lik202 @Stickz

inb4 I get kicked for being bad.. again

+1

Yeah l4d2 is piled with greifers, so the tools on that server for handling them are pretty strong. The largest upcoming sourcebans/sourcecomms build will have about 15 pull requests of code contributions from myself.

Wait, we have a l4d2 server? I don't see it in the sourcebans doe

@Rhododendron hasn't added it for some reason.

But there is a thread which is pinned and says important for no reason. #Sarcasm

Important: Server Info

but id love to see us cram 20 people in a l4d2 server

One step at a time. I think the next step is people actually using the server and asking if they don't know how.

At the end of the day, if people would rather play on official dedicated with half the tick-rate, double the ping, non-stop griefers and bugs/exploits etc...

Who cares if we have a 16 slot server? And why should I take the time to adjust and test the configuration?

@Rhododendron hasn't added it for some reason.

But there is a thread which is pinned and says important for no reason. #Sarcasm

Important: Server Info

One step at a time. I think the next step is people actually using the server and asking if they don't know how.

At the end of the day, if people would rather play on official dedicated with half the tick-rate, double the ping, non-stop griefers and bugs/exploits etc...

Who cares if we have a 16 slot server? And why should I take the time to adjust and test the configuration?

Uhhhhhh sorry I've been a mess lately haha. Message me the details and I'll add it to sourcebans.

I could not connect when I had access to l4d and a computer in that manner last time. Used console and all.

Feel free to message me on steam if you can't get it to work. It's likely a user input issue as I've been using this method successfully for over a year now.

Edit: I just fixed an issue today with an infinite crash loop. There was an missing binary, but that wouldn't have appeared if you never made it into loading from the lobby.

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    Galaxy Tanman_Tanner Lottamos ScottNi Owlknight_ Arthman Topaz Arnude Reptile