The_Unlit_Torch

Need Keyboards

Help

Requirements:

• Mechanical (switch doesn't really matter)

• PS/2 support

• n-key rollover
  • Full-featured (i.e. it has a numpad)
  • Macro keys would be a bonus, it's not required though.

And now for the hardest part:

• Swedish layout (gasp!)

komplett.se is a pretty good site.

Glossary:

Tangentbord = keyboard

Mekaniskt tangentbord = mechanical keyboard

Nordisk layout = Nordic layout

Svensk layout = Swedish layout

Programmerbara knappar = programmable keys

Mus/Tangentbord

Why is is so hard to find ;_;

Actually the PS/2 thing is not that important

Okay boys so I have found 2 keyboards that meet my requirements (except the PS/2 thing)

Corsair Gaming K95 RGB

Corsair Gaming K95 RGB LED

One is Cherry MX red, the other is Cherry MX brown.

Cherry MX red is better for FPS games right?

@Stickz @StarmiX @Matsi @Hushpuppy You seem to know a thing or two about this

A lot of people like reds for gamings, it's really what you prefer and what's comfortable for you... I think browns have a more clicky feeling and the reds have almost none, making them sort of mushy feeling, here's a nice video that will give you more info on the different switches and what the colors mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OfUAQiIOWQ

Since you're most likely playing FPS games, I don't really see a reason to buy a K95 since those are best for RTS games where you need macro keys, in which I recommend the K70. But since it seems like you have alot of money, I recommend reds over the browns. Reds are "better" for gaming due to the fact that they require a smaller amount of force for the key to activate.

Since you're most likely playing FPS games, I don't really see a reason to buy a K95 since those are best for RTS games where you need macro keys, in which I recommend the K70. But since it seems like you have alot of money, I recommend reds over the browns. Reds are "better" for gaming due to the fact that they require a smaller amount of force for the key to activate.

Browns and reds both require 45grams of pressure

The big difference between brown and red is:

Red is Linear and Brown is Tactile... see animations below for the main difference

awww.keyboardco.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2012_10_Brown.gif.a358207968364e1ddef5ae69cd54a953.gif

That extra little bump on the brown is what makes it *click*, making it easier to type with but slightly harder to do something like doubletap in gaming.

You should just get red, it'll be fine for you, as long as you don't mind typos when your typing, assuming you type a lot...

You should also get a usb port cause daaaaamn ps/2???? really?! is this the 90s?!

awww.keyboardco.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2012_10_Red.gif.b7ddd867baa30501fe7a2fd666f254d8.gif

Someone on /r/Sweden recommended this to me, I think I'll go with it since it has blue switches. CM Storm QuickFire XT Keyboard Blue

Also @Matsi I read about all the different switches and stuff on sweclockers. And PS/2 is apparently better for n-key rollover because apparently the technical limitations of USB only allow 10 simultaneous key presses. But whatever, when am I ever going to press 11 keys?

Also is this mouse any good? ROCCAT TYON GAMING MOUSE

I have this keyboard, but the red version. I'm not terribly sure if they're the exact same keyboard, but mine is NOT mechanical. It does feel that mechanical, however. Good luck. :)

>red

>not mechanical

wat

• PS/2 support

• n-key rollover

Why on earth would you need to press more than four-five keys at once?

And do you realize you have to restart your computer when changing a PS/2 keyboard? Unlike USB which is hotswappable and can be plugged/unplugged on the fly, without having to worry about damaging the end.

Full-featured (i.e. it has a numpad)

Those are standard in pretty much any good keyboard nowadays.

This is the keyboard I use for gaming and fast typing. It's of insanely good quality even though it's relatively cheap. I've used it for the last three years with absolutely no issues and wouldn't be surprised if it lasted anther five years. There's no shinny lights or anything but it's very ergonomic.

• Comfortable, quiet typing
  • Spill-resistant design
  • Sturdy, adjustable tilt legs

Logitech Desktop MK120 (Nordic)

The mouse with it is only 1000 dpi though and I don't like not having the side buttons. But at the same time, those heavier wireless mouses are so annoying it's not even funny. And having to replace a battery at random times creates a huge annoyance.

Keyboards are probably the most strait forward thing you will probably buy for your computer. What it says on the box is what you get. As far as what color switch you buy is totally down to personal preference. While reds are "better" for gaming, they aren't actually going to make you preform any better, but the feel of the reds is regarded by most to most suited for gaming for a whole bunch of reasons that don't really effect a normal people. I use reds as the bump on browns feels odd to me, but I know a lot of people who can't stand the lack of tactile feedback on the reds. It's totally down to preference, and I suggest if possible trying out the different switches before buying.

As for mice, I've never used a roccat, but they are a well known brand so that mouse will probably do you just fine, although my suggestions would be logitech or mionix.

Just as a note, I have a blue switch keyboard at my mom's place (currently using the red switch at my dad's)

Some observations on the blue:

Holy shit this thing is loud. Seriously.

Amazing for typing.

Some observations on the red:

Not as loud, but there's still some noise.

Very good for touch typing, but that means that you might accidentally press a key that you didn't mean to while resting your hand.

I personally haven't noticed much of a difference between either one in terms of games. If you're set on blue switches, I really recommend that you buy some O-Rings, as they can help cut down on the massive noise that they sometimes make.

If you're set on blue switches, I really recommend that you buy some O-Rings, as they can help cut down on the massive noise that they sometimes make.

What are those things?

Do I have to manually remove all the switches and put them in or what?