bagggel

Request To Remove Homing Arrows On Vsh Server.

Should Homing Arrows be removed?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Homing Arrows be removed?

Seriously, when is this perk going to be removed? It's so cheap and easy. Literally just sit in a corner or Bushwacka jump to a place where it is difficult for hale to reach you, hold your crouch button and just shoot. You get like 600 damage per shot, that is enough to make you get into the top 3 list on who damaged the Hale most. Yeah sure, Hale can Super Jump up to him, but by the time Hale has jumped the homing arrow will just knock him 100 yards away. Please do something about this perk. It is incredibly un-fun and frustrating for the Hale as he is just going to lose about 5k of his HP to a Sniper sitting in a corner that isn't even aiming at the Hale.

5aa4c35a2da4a_homingproof2.thumb.jpg.5fd8ccaf681e5311be6d727b97fb2a98.jpg

5aa4c35a4a741_homingproof1.thumb.jpg.6b6160070649f8a0765ffa7bbff2ff4f.jpg

5aa4c35a71d21_homingproof3.thumb.jpg.1198025cbb7cdf9bc49b67be68bfd427.jpg

5aa4c35a8e31c_Hominginanutshell.png.153282a69ed04dda22150d968666d97b.png

Personally, I feel as if arrows should either be homing with no crits or not homing but with crits, just my thoughts.

Personally, I feel as if arrows should either be homing with no crits or not homing but with crits, just my thoughts.

Yeah I would have to agree on you. It's base damage at 100% charge is 120, meanwhile 100% charged crit boosted deals 360. I'd say remove the perk completely or as you have said remove the crits. The Huntsman is always crit boosted on VSH, even without the perk.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Before there was a class limit to sniper making only 2 or 3 people could play sniper. Doing a class limit would be way easier and better then removing the perk. Note that the plugin is old and could conflict with other things.

@Ohstopyou @Rejects

So they could add there idea of what to do about this.

Homing arrows are by far not the most broken thing in ff2.... spies deal as much damage as an arrow with a shot, more if it's 50cal or a heads hot plus they are nearly impossible to kill unless you rage them or burn them so you can finish them off while they are invis...

Soldiers can Homing rocket which is pretty good especially when you get [email protected].

Hyper heavies and 520 scouts are difficult to catch or sometime impossible depending on which hale you get.

Demos can charge infinitely

Engineers can stun lock hale so he can't have weapons

I don't see a reason to remove homing arrows just because you don't like them or because you prefer a rifle which requires even less skill than a bow does.

Homing arrows are by far not the most broken thing in ff2.... spies deal as much damage as an arrow with a shot, more if it's 50cal or a heads hot plus they are nearly impossible to kill unless you rage them or burn them so you can finish them off while they are invis...

Soldiers can Homing rocket which is pretty good especially when you get [email protected].

Hyper heavies and 520 scouts are difficult to catch or sometime impossible depending on which hale you get.

Demos can charge infinitely

Engineers can stun lock hale so he can't have weapons

I don't see a reason to remove homing arrows just because you don't like them or because you prefer a rifle which requires even less skill than a bow does.

How does using a Sniper Rifle take less skill? Using the Sniper Rifle requires aim, using a homing projectile requires no aim. You can literally aim into the sky or even look away from Hale, yet you will still deal massive damage. All those other perks you have said can be dealt with. You can run away from Short Circuit Engineers and Spies. You CANNOT run away from a homing projectile. Simply run away from them, get rage, use rage, they are dealt with. Homing Rockets aren't that much of a threat considering even a crit deals 270, that's a big difference from 360. The other fact is that Rocket Launchers run out of ammo a lot faster than the Huntsman on FF2, considering it's ammo is increased. Homing Rockets also don't knock you 100 miles away, they do push you yes, but like 5 cm far. As for Hyper Heavies and 520 Scouts, they are NOT OP. Considering a Hyper Heavy deals 195 Damage to you (which isn't that major) has to get right in Hale's face to even touch him, in which you can easily just smack him in the face as Hale. And the exact same goes for 520 Scouts, except they don't have to get right into Hale's face to deal damage. Scouts deal waay far less damage than a crit boosted arrow at 100% charge. A crit boosted Scattergun shot at point blank range deals about 210 damage, still a big difference to 360. Scout doesn't have a damage output as big as Snipers, unless he is at point blank range which is risky because Hale has a chance to actually kill him. And at least Scouts and Hyper Heavies don't sit in a corner on top of a 50 ft tall tower and get 360 damage every 10 seconds, they have to go through effort to deal damage meanwhile Homing Arrows are just lazy, incredibly easy to use, cheap and super frustrating for Hale to play against. And for Demoknights that can charge infinitely? All you need to do is hit them once and they're pretty much done for. They keep running away so you can't catch them? Use your rage on him. ''Well why can't you just play a Hale which can easily teleport to me?'' You can, but it is completely random who you teleport to. And even if you do manage to teleport to the Homing Arrow user, he can EASILY 'Stab stab stab' trap you forever, not even using your rage will help you escape. Unless your rage deals damage to people around you such as Captain Falcon, Skeleton-Mann etc.

I would like Homing Arrow users to play as Hale and feel how frustrating it is to play against 6 Homing Snipers on a very large open map.

Edited by bagggel (see edit history)

I'm not quite understanding where you're getting that idea from, but my point is that a sniper's rifle in vsh/ff2 requires more skill than the huntsman perk the server provides. Mentioned before the fully charged homing arrow takes maybe 500-600 damage per shot(including crits) while the rifle only takes 360 damage with a fully charged headshot. Being a hale regular I'd already know that being able to get constant headshots on the boss while fully charged is highly uncommon, that's not even including the strange hitboxes of certain bosses such as Pacman and Sanic. I'm agreeing with bagel to just remove it because it disrupts the gameplay altogether with the high knockback and constant damage taken.

Yes, the other classes have perks as well that can be unfair in the hales advantage, BUT it's not as hard to deal with as the homing snipers. With the right timing you can get hyper heavies since their only way in dealing damage is through melee attacks, if not, then getting the required classes and then cap with 520 scouts too. Infinite charged demo's, again they are mostly likely going to charge at you a lot of times since that's the chosen damage input. So getting rid of that shield with one hit puts them back at normal speed. Plus they aren't as common as you'd think. Homing rocket soldiers...they aren't as bad as the huntsman snipers due to less damage and no crits, unless the hale is constantly juggled in the air for a long period of time it's not that hard to get rid of with one rage. The engineers, alright I'm slightly stumped on that one. If anything, that's probably the 2nd hardest to deal with if the have the short circuit equipped, but that's not the point. 50 cal spies, they can somewhat be an issue to fight against but it's not to the point of full disadvantage. Much like the rifle if you want a headshot you have to get passed the hitbox and actually figure out where it is, and if they deadringer or cloak away it's another class you can cap on. To wrap up what I'm trying to say is that simply, the other perks aren't that hard to deal with.

An additional thing is that snipers are a class you HAVE to kill before even thinking about capping. So through the -2k damage they got in the matter of 2 minutes, you have to go across the map because more than likely they are located as far away as possible, find them, get knocked back a few more times from the arrows, rage (if you even have it), and hope you only have to hit them once or land both hits (danger shield protects first hit and launches them really far). It's just a pest to deal with and no fun to fight against.

Honestly, I don't mind if it stays or if it goes. I do however strongly feel that if it stays, Sniper limits would need to be re-introduced. Limit 'em to like 3 again so that on the big maps you don't see a wave of crit arrows following the boss everywhere

if your on a huge map with a ton of homing sniper just pick Hitler and reflect them back ;)

Actually no. It's still considered homing if he reflects it because it goes after people at random; the player never expects it.

I don't think homing arrows should be removed tbh. People just need to get better at hale or not play at all if it really bothers them.

WALL OF TEXT

As fun as homing arrows are, whether by using the homing arrows, reflecting the arrows as hale (@Matsi), or even reflecting the reflected homing arrows from the hale (@Matsi, again), it's very annoying as hale. I understand it helps snipers get the advantage of fighting hale easily, but for gosh sake, this is the Saxton Hale server we're talking about, not the "aimbot arrow simulator ez lmaobox crits dlc high damage fling cancer lol ecks dee edition" server. As previously mentioned in this thread, homing arrows are automatically crit-boosted to deal high damage and provide easy Google Flight service to the hale. Heck, sometimes, for some reason, the arrows are even explosive, providing extra knockback and damage.

One way to counter this, as previously mentioned in this thread, is to make the huntsman (including reskins) non-crit boosted, which would make it have less damage. Another way, also mentioned in this thread, is to reset the class limit for sniper so there wouldn't be a "blood trail" for the hale. Heck, you could even go the distance and ban the huntsman (including reskins) from the server or remove the homing arrows perk entirely, so the hale wouldn't have a huge disadvantage against the snipers.

What I'm saying is that I would want homing arrows removed so the hale experience would be easier. I don't want the server to become an "ez aimbot crit sniper arrows lmaobox ecks dee" server filled with snipers. +1 for removal.

hurray for accidental argrumentative essays

This has been an issue since the beginning of time, I would recommend bringing back the limit, or to non-crit boost the arrows.

There are times where hale can not even fight because the arrows just knock him back and forth.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)