Matsi

Let Melee Only Demomen On Blue

So... I think we should modify the restricted class demoman so that you can be demoman on blue with melee and shield and either a parachute or some cute lil booties!

Is it possible to restrict the other weapons very bannedweapons and make it only affect blue demomans?

Is there any other way to do this other than the honor system?

What are your thoughts?!

Before we debate ob this, is that even possible? @kbraszzz @Rejects @Ohstopyou :(

EDIT: As far as I understood demos were restricted in order to prevent mass freekilling.

We have enough staff already, jailbreak is pretty much always maintained.

And if people want to mass freekill, they can just go heavy.

Perhaps just unrestrict demoman, the sticky jumper can still be banned, and add rules about sticky trapping. If you're a soldier, you can play with a launcher if you're willing to accept the risk that you still get punished if you freekill even accidently. Same should apply for demo.

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

I always assumed its because a demo could just put a sticky trap around the vents or medic or even someone you expect to rebel, and that shit is just lame, so -1 for allowing full demo on blue, but if they find a way to let demoknight on blue, sure +1.

That's more work for staff, and an even higher chance for mass freekill when staff aren't on. It's been banned for a reason. Not to mention that demoknights are practically useless on blue. Melee only vs 20 reds? You've seen melee warday and how that ends. -1

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

That's more work for staff, and an even higher chance for mass freekill when staff aren't on. It's been banned for a reason. Not to mention that demoknights are practically useless on blue. Melee only vs 20 reds? You've seen melee warday and how that ends. -1

I feel like it would be easier to mass with a Pyro or heavy than with a demo so I am not sure I follow the logic there... as for usefulness they could have a zatochi and wreck face :P

I feel like it would be easier to mass with a Pyro or heavy than with a demo so I am not sure I follow the logic there... as for usefulness they could have a zatochi and wreck face :p

Not quite, heavy and pyro each have severe weaknesses, such as awful mobility and lack of effective range. The demoman however, can output roughly the same damage as heavies (depending on how well the splash hits people) and he has decent range (sticky snipes and amazing mid range), traps, decent movement speed, sticky jumps, effectively 2 primaries (GL and SBL), and high burst damage making it difficult to avoid being killed by stickies or grenades. Also, splash damage hits everyone hard.

Don't get me wrong, it is easy to mass as pyro and heavy, but far easier as demoman.

THAT SAID, I would +1 full demoman unlocking on blue as they take the same risk as soldiers in terms of freekill. Just restrict things like traps on vital map areas (eg trapping the entrance to medic). So while demoman may not have the surgical precision of a sniper rifle, he can help greatly with mass rebellion and reduce the effectiveness of medic crusades (Lord knows those are fun for blue). Besides, JB usually has at least one staff member online if it is populated, and we have a call admin if people mass freekill without staff online.

If we are only unbanning melee unlocks and shields on demoman, then I will -1 it because the same thing from actual gameplay servers applies here, the demoknight is dead weight on their team since other classes do their job better. However, this outclassing is actually worse here because of the high (random) crit rate of melees in general and the fact that red is forced into using melee shouldn't be that far of a jump to the demoknight in question being horrifically murdered. Additionally the demoknight has to get into melee range (baiting) to actually hit stuff...

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Being with only a sword, he is pretty much balanced with the red with melee only and Blu’s need to have an advantage over the reds obviously, and melee only demoman does not give the blu an advantage on that class.

Oh dear.

You know, if anybody would give the time and effort to do that, than I say restrict any form of giant AOE damage (meaning that possibly loch n load is good because it can't explode on ground and a significant decrease in AOE) and see how it goes in an experiment of sorts. Other than that, I'll say that it's good in theory and I'm neutral for now.