Vertex

Morbus Eu Slots Poll

Increase Morbus EU Slots to 32  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Increase Morbus EU Slots to 32

• Yes
    • No

Improvements over the paste quite some time have been made to Morbus for better balance at higher slot counts. And with the multi-threaded comp jobs, our server can handle an increasing number of slots. The question is whether we should increase the server slots or not. And if they do get increased, what can be done to improve the quality of games for everyone on the server, beyond what we're already doing?

I think the topic of the Horizon map we removed is relevant to this consideration. Was it really that bad of a map, or was it just too small, even for our previous 24 server slot counts? Size is definitely a huge factor for this really large map.

Horizon was the worst map in morbus. the creator of it stapled 2 maps and called it a day. Morbus should be adhered to a higher quality, and having horzion would lower it.

Infact, the map isnt even mentioned on the Morbus blog site.

Years ago it was considered a bad map, and the short time we had it on our server, every time I was there to play it it was !rtv'd. Since you just got Skandalon and Turbatio back I wouldn't recommend putting a map with such a bad reputation back on the server.

Skandalon isn't definitely staying, that's more a decision for here. Map Rotation Changes

But when it comes to really high player counts, that would mean no chemical labs and possibly even losing anther option. We're very low on good options for 26+ players.

People don't RTV a map just because it "sucks", there's always a deeper reason, even if they can't articulate it. I think size and repetition was the biggest RTV factor for Horizon.

Well you're got giving an educated reason why it sucks or not to try it again. Nor a problem to try and solve about the map.

I'm sorta leaving towards slipping it in at 24+ players, setting the round count to five and ensuring the previous five maps are excluded.

Well you're got giving an educated reason why it sucks or not to try it again.

Bad layout, confusing, gravity lift didn't work well, and that was the unique thing about the map. Nothing you can do to fix it unless you want to open Hammer. It really doesn't matter what WE think about anything, if the players themselves don't seem to like something, then you should do your best to appease them. In this case, they didn't seem to like Horizon, so instead of repeatedly putting it back on the server and hoping for a different result, it's probably best to leave it off.

playing on that map felt nauseating. very confusing map that doesnt look good or play well. Plays very awkwardly at certain parts. gringo is right on many reasons. I wish that more work would have been placed into the map instead of stapling two maps together. If you wanted to fix it, you would need to change a majority of the map, like rework it.

I've seen new ppl vote for that map on TG just b/c the map voter displays a pic of the map and people vote for it just b/c of that one screen shot, and then the server would just die b/c people would realize that the map sucks. Map literally kills servers, and I do not want a map that kills servers on this server or any server that hosts Morbus.