realBelloWaldi

Psa: We Updated The Admin Handbook!

Good Morning TF2 Staff, your designated Führer here with a special announcement regarding recent events.

As we promote people, we advise you read the admin handbook to understand what your responsibilities are. I just want to remind you all of the standard protocol.

[spoiler=An explanation of the WKB-System]How to make a proper punishment

Some staff members sometimes ask themselves "Should I kick this guy?" or "Should I ban this guy?" or maybe even "How long should I ban this guy for?" These are very good questions to ask yourself before you actually do the slaying, kicking, banning or whatever it is that you are doing. The process usually goes like this for someone breaking a minor rule:

Warn, then slay (sometimes optional), then kick, then ban.

When you get to the point where you have to ban them, make sure to use your common sense for how long the ban should last. Don't permanently ban a guy for mic spamming. Ban him for about an hour to week depending on how badly they did it, if people told him to stop multiple times, etc. However, using the WSKB approach isn't always required. For certain situations you can instantly ban for situations like:

-Majorly intending to troll the entire server. (A day ban)

-Hacking (Permanent)

-Mass freekilling (Permanent CT ban)

-Mass freekilling then leaving the game (Permanent)

-Taken from the admin handbook: Everything You Need To Know [admins, Servers, Handbook, Etc.]

Additionally we added two new exceptions in order to make moderating easier:

• Important: Following protocol for punishments are important (Standard: Warn > Mute/Gag > Kick > Ban)! You should follow these steps as it is the best way to handle issues. However there is times that you can skip a few steps. For example: If a player is breaking multiple rules (ex: exploting and spamming), then you are able to jump to kicking the player from the server. If the user returns to the server and resumes doing what he was doing to get kicked for, then you should follow up with a ban.

• Majorly intending to troll the entire server will result in an immediate day ban.

Your hosts @BelloWaldi and @Goblins signing out.

Tagging all staff members: @Rejects @Goblins @BelloWaldi @Caleb956 @Fiery8022 @Diamonde @XHina_sanX @lik202 @mrnutty12 @TacoSmasher47 @ArminArmout @BlankThePervert @Bone @Jon_N64 @Moosty @NitNat @SnowyMinion @TheSupremePatriot @PyroBunny @Vexx @BananaShoes @Tomahawk

Edited by Bello (see edit history)