Cows

Making A Map... :)

So I started off this thing just for fun and expirementing but it turned out pretty cool, Ive only made the base layout of the starting room so far. Inspired by vietnam/pirate/tropical theme.

The 3 boats make up the "cells" and have an invisible wall not allowing you to jump off until a CT presses the "open cells" button which spawns planks from each boat to the dock. feedback if i should continue this project pls? -Dead Roses

cp.thumb.jpg.999b8fd2cb72e2f2092375ead37a025a.jpg

cp2.thumb.jpg.8d2fdfdaca4621a102d4eab58917666f.jpg

So I started off this thing just for fun and expirementing but it turned out pretty cool, Ive only made the base layout of the starting room so far. Inspired by vietnam/pirate/tropical theme.

The 3 boats make up the "cells" and have an invisible wall not allowing you to jump off until a CT presses the "open cells" button which spawns planks from each boat to the dock. feedback if i should continue this project pls? -Dead Roses

Of course you should continue. Looks cool, very different from the starting areas I've seen so far. Consider balance though, as T's out in the open makes it hard for them to hide weapons etc. Also, you should start planning a way for them to either rebel or shoot open the "cell doors" from inside the cells. Consider a larger starting area so you have room to expand once you get ideas. I would suggest either slightly larger boats with a lower deck or maybe adding more than 3 spawn points. I'd also love to see a VIP cell as this theme allows you to get creative. Can't wait to see were this goes and be sure to add "-language pirate" to your launch options when you test the map :jimlad:

Okay so I'm making some changes already, I've made the starting area bigger so it doesn't feel so cramped.

I've completely thrown out the boats as cells ideas as it would cause confusion and the planks that spawn can sometimes kill the Ts if they're standing there.

Instead of the 3 boats idea I've made one big pirate ship with normal cells on it and a VIP cell as the Captains Quarter. I've taken in consideration for ways for Ts to rebel and planning on implementing them (I don't want reveling to be based on purely a lucky spawn instead of skill)

I'm considering making the water cause damage to promote Ts to not jump in as it would be very hectic if there was no control on Ts jumping off the ship at the very start.

Stay notified for updates and secrets.

Post suggestions and ideas!

-Dead Roses

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Picture update to follow above comment.

+3 regular cells which look like cargo crates and 1 VIP cell which is the Captains Quarter.

+added a guard tower

+access to crows nest

Ive decided to spawn no guns in any cells because of how small of a space the boat is however...

-Dead Roses

cp2.2.thumb.jpg.4d4e861700cb938d41028e44c3958e32.jpg

cp2.1.thumb.jpg.43fe98a2601f9592863086366a1c177e.jpg

cp2.3.thumb.jpg.9ae69087956cd6d204d6aaf22bfb0371.jpg

cp2.4.thumb.jpg.51850b31c53ca5b1ff21f488aae13e43.jpg

Looks great! I'm not to sure on the cell block though. Seems like CT's could get rushed super easily. Maybe make the deck a bit wider and have two planks for people to get to the dock on. That way CTs can go on one and Ts can go on the other. Other wise I don't really see people surviving very long. Other than that it look pretty cool, I like the water you chose. And maybe make the beach a little more detailed than it is currently. i.e add rocks and bushes and shit.

Also I'd love to take a look at it whenever you feel it is ready to be tested.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Neat.

Ive decided to spawn no guns in any cells because of how small of a space the boat is however...

You could add a gun with a point_template, using a logic_case to only spawn it in randomly, so it's not there every round. Might give the map a little more variety, while not making rebelling too easy.

Neat.

You could add a gun with a point_template, using a logic_case to only spawn it in randomly, so it's not there every round. Might give the map a little more variety, while not making rebelling too easy.

Right now I'm considering scrapping the ship as the cell area and using it somewhere elsewhere for a mini game, then extend the dock in almost a u shape and just add little huts as cells for a more normal feeling of jailbreak.

But like Charles said above, the boat is very small and provides Ts a good opportunity to rush the CTs so I feel like adding a gun spawn would unbalance it.

A main point I'm trying to incorporate with this map is that rebelling should be based on skill instead of purely just a lucky spawn.