Vexx

A Post Concerning Our Current Cm's

Something I've noticed over the past few months is that half of our CM's have really done nothing to really help out around Xenogamers. I know @Bleed and @Nomulous still try to do as much as they can for our community but what about @kbraszzz and @Scootaloo? They've hardly played on our community servers in the past few months from what I've noticed. Lately, the TF2 division has had little-to-no support from our CM's, which is really unfortunate seeing as it's one of our biggest communities. Why sit on a position that you're going to do nothing in? I understand having a busy life and whatnot, but at least attempt to take a couple hours out of the week to try and take part in the community and manage it, like you're supposed to. I'm not saying you guys should lose your position or step down, just show that you still care about the community. My intent on making this post isn't to stir drama or anything, I'm just trying to show what people may think of the current CM's who aren't doing what they really should. I have nothing against the CM's, actually I do see them as really good friends of mine.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

give me CM and i'll fix this shit fam.

JK shit-posting aside.

i haven't seen scoot or kb, however what exactly do you want them to do? That's the first thing that should be addressed. I'm not saying you are wrong but why doesn't the community, the people who feel that the CMs aren't doing anything work with these said CMs and come up with a list of things they can improve or can do. I mean CMs in general aren't DLs or anything. Also, i wouldn't give them so much shit, since scoot has to teach, which is 5 days a week, plus he has children and he moved a little while back. KB is working at walmart now and has to push carts for THE MAN. Also can i ask how this topic came about? Did you just think of it because we have talked about it before.

PS look at what KB has to do everyday he works at walmart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4

i mean you would forget about life when you have to do this shit everyday.

To be fair for TF2, @Lithium and @Bleed in the past 2 months have tried helping them out with any issues that arise that the TF2 divs can't solve, so things like that for example would be great to get dealt with by other CM's as well so it isn't always dumped on their shoulders. I know now that @Nomulous is back that TF2 is in good hands along with the rest of the TF2 divs, but I want to know what Scoot and Kb think about this situation regarding their activity and contributions to the community as of late.

Also can i ask how this topic came about? Did you just think of it because we have talked about it before.

That combined with me realizing just how little I see them around. I'm not really asking much of them, just come on the servers every once in a while and see how the community is doing.

To be fair for TF2, @Lithium and @Bleed in the past 2 months have tried helping them out with any issues that arise that the TF2 divs can't solve, so things like that for example would be great to get dealt with other CM's as well so it isn't always dumped on their shoulders. I know now that @Nomulous is back that TF2 is in good hands along with the rest of the TF2 divs, but I want to know what Scoot and Kb think about this situation regarding their activity and contributions to the community as of late.

I pointed that out in the post, I know Bleed and Nomulous do actually do a lot for the community.

I pointed that out in the post, I know Bleed and Nomulous do actually do a lot for the community.

My post wasn't directed towards you, it was towards Vector. He said you or anyone else who feels this way as a community can come up with a list for them to do, and I was just saying lately it's been Bleed and Lithium who have done things that would be on that list not only for CS:GO but for TF2, the same issues that our CM's in question could help with.

Strange. I have been kicking around this very issue personally for quite some time now. It's weird that I was literally logging on to address my inactivity when all of a sudden I'm tagged in a post about that very topic.

I don't think anyone here will question my integrity or how much I absolutely love this community. I've been a huge part of this clan for well over something like three years now, and I slowly rose through the ranks until I became CM. As the DL of the TF2 Division, I constantly had my hands FILLED with stuff to get done. Most of which revolved around servers and policing them to make sure people are behaving. The biggest part of my responsibilities involved making sure the servers were running, there were no hiccups, and all of the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes with making sure the servers are operational (such as managing plugins and maps and whatnot).

Shortly after I became CM, all of that....went away. I was constantly busy, constantly working on projects, and constantly monitoring bans and problems within the TF2 division. Once I was promoted to help manage the clan as a whole, there was this sudden and jarring shift of me doing absolutely nothing. I'm not kidding. I feel like I do absolutely nothing around here. It feels like all I am necessary for anymore is to help with discussions on Promos and Demos (Which I don't really even input very much into as it is) and making sure they get posted at the correct time. My other responsibilities include confiding with the other CMs when huge issues arise and discussing workarounds, but that hasn't really happened since I became CM.

And lately, because of all of this doing literally nothing, I've begun questioning my usefulness as a CM. I'm not really so sure that this many CMs are even necessary, considering the workload of the CMs isn't nearly as heavy as the workload of the Division Leaders, at least for TF2. (I can't speak for CS:GO, I don't have the appropriate experience there.) And because of these empty feelings of not accomplishing anything, I have seriously been kicking around the idea of stepping down.

I can't try to pretend that I have an excuse other than there simply doesn't seem to be anything for me to do. While it's true that I teach, have two kids, and am generally pretty busy in my day-to-day life, my night life is usually spent at my computer, so there is no reason for me to not be able to log on every so often. I try to make a point to do it once a week, if just to check how things are going, but maybe that isn't enough. Sure, I can log onto the servers once a week or so, help regulate any rulebreakers here and there, and occasionally smash everyone with the hammer plugin, but that's all it has come down to for me. Vexx raised the point of not having any support from the CMs, but the funny thing is there is literally nothing more for me to do than I am already doing. I monitor the Promo Demos, I interact with staff and answer any questions they may have, and I do my best to resolve conflict within the community. On an outward perspective, that really does seem like I'm not doing anything, and the truth of it is that I'm NOT!

But, it isn't out of laziness. It isn't by choice. I didn't choose to do nothing with this position. It's just that there's nothing for me to do. And I hate this feeling of being idle. I've stopped playing TF2 almost entirely since I stopped contributing to the servers. Ever since it stopped being my direct responsibility, I see no reason to even play the game anymore. In a weird way, I think xG was the reason I even kept up with TF2 in the first place. You guys have made this my internet home, and I wanted to repay the favor by making xG as awesome as possible. I guess I succeeded, but by being put into the role of CM, it has completely killed my ambition to keep playing the game.

There are times that I sorely miss being the DL. Back when I was in that position, I was super active in the community. All of our regulars knew who I was. I talked and communicated with so many people. But ever since CM happened for me, the communication has slowed to a trickle. I went onto TGH a few nights ago and barely recognized anyone in the server. And I hate that feeling.

So at this time, I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm not doing anything, because I truthfully am not doing anything, outside of the very simple tasks laid forth for me to monitor Promo/Demos and to help with staff questions. That's literally it. There are no expectations of me to do anything else, and I guess I've let that govern what I do in a day.

And if there's things that I am missing that the TF2 division wants me to accomplish, I simply ask that they communicate those things with me. Am I needed to help with server stuff? Is my presence online required at any given time? I'm on Steam A LOT, so it should be as simple as sending me a quick chat message. But I literally hear nothing. This is the first I've heard of any of the divisions having any issues with my activity. T.T

I want Vexx to know that I took no offense from his post. I actually agree with it. Why should we have so many CMs when there is so little for them to do? Perhaps we need to reassess how many CMs are necessary, or find other things for them to do. Silence manages forums, so that much is covered. TF2 servers are under great maintenance between the leaders of the TF2 division. CS:GO is covered by the leaders of the CS:GO division. So where does that leave me? What am I expected to do?

Well, I can tell you one thing: I'm sick of doing nothing. =(

Edited by Scootaloo (see edit history)

As TF2 is your forte @Scootaloo, and you are willing to be active and work on stuff, I would honestly suggest talking to your div leaders and managers in TF2 and figure out ways not only to populate it, but address any issues that arise from the community. Make a post, explain the situation and ask them what they would like from us as xG. Communicating with your staff, members and always improving the servers is the best way to contribute to xG, and I have no doubt that you truly to care about the community.

If you'd like to talk to myself or the TF2 staff, please don't hesitate and let's get more stuff done around here.

Also if you do want to focus only on TF2, we can always just put you back as TF2 Division staff depending on the response from the current Division leaders/managers.

Sure, I'm down!

Perhaps we could start by polling the community. Let's hold an open forum to kick ideas around for what we could do with the unused servers. Maybe we can try some new gamemodes or something! :D

Sure, I'm down!

Perhaps we could start by polling the community. Let's hold an open forum to kick ideas around for what we could do with the unused servers. Maybe we can try some new gamemodes or something! :D

Yes, aside from that @Aegean wants us to do something special for Halloween, and since you're hella good at planning things like events, we could plan some cool things for Halloween too.