Scootaloo

The Hardest Goodbye

I can't believe how difficult this is for me. I've written and rewritten this message at least ten times now, and I still don't like the way it's coming out. But fuck it, it needs to be said.

My time here at XenoGamers has been amazing. I've made some very strong friendships, made some very fond memories, and helped build this clan into something astounding. If anything, pride is the strongest feeling I have for where xG is at today. I'm proud of our little community. I'm proud of the people who are leading it in the direction it is going. And I am proud of the growth we have made here in our tiny little corner of the internet.

With all of that being said, it is time for me to hang up my coat. Ladies and gentleman, I am hereby announcing that, as of now, I am stepping down from the role of Clan Manager here in xG. No tricks. No memes. 100% pure honesty.

Some may be wondering why. And to that, I can only say that I have accomplished everything I set out to do, specifically with the Team Fortress 2 division. There was once a time where my assistance was in dire need, and I provided it to my fullest abilities. There were many problems that needed solving, and someone such as myself was required to find the solutions. The time for my assistance has long since passed, so now it's time to turn in the badge.

In all honesty, the higher ups are super crowded right now. With the return of @Aegean, our higher ups are in excellent hands, and I honestly feel like the responsibilities of our CMs is spread waaay too thin among us all. So it's with no remorse that I depart from this point, because deep down I know that after I leave, we will continue to operate under some great leadership.

And to be quite frank, since we have gotten to where we are at, the desire to play Team Fortress 2 has dwindled heavily. In the day, I find myself wanting to play less and less. It's almost at the point where I am considering selling off my entire inventory, and when someone with a near $5k backpack is considering cashing out, that's a pretty strong indicator that the desire is depleted. Not only this, but with other distractions in life, such as new games to play, responsibilities to oversee, and people to connect with, Team Fortress 2 simply is not a priority at this time.

I love you guys. I love this clan. And I honestly feel that it deserves much more than what I am giving it at this time. I have no desire to pursue the game any further. And as much as it hurts me to step down, I feel like it is something I have to do.

Please don't think this is me abandoning the clan. I'll still be around. I'll check in occasionally, perhaps hop on a server every now and then, and I'll still be here. I just won't be the guy people turn to to ask questions or ask for help.

Thanks for the memories xG. See you, space cowboy. =)

Well that's sad, you were always one of the nicest most understanding person in this place, we all have shit we need to do. Also i don't blame you quitting tf2, you could probably quick sell your backpack for 4 grand, however i know you're better than that. We should play overwatch sometime and get angry at how fucking bull shit the game can be.

Aah, I figured this was coming around the time I saw your posts in the thread Vexx made, so I'll say now that you were certainly a very helpful and enjoyable person to be around during the time you did spend as CM, and the positions before that. Of course, you'll probably still be that way even after, but it's understandable that you would do this seeing as how you do have quite the full plate with being a father and so on too. Regardless of what you go and do now, hopefully you enjoy yourself with it as there's no point in trying to force yourself to play a game you're losing the desire to play. Will certainly miss some of the silly antics like the crazy maps we'd go to or things like the Scootahive and so forth, but what matters most is that you're happy with your decisions and what you've managed to do up to this point. See you around boyo, will look forward to when you come around here and there.

Well that's sad, you were always one of the nicest most understanding person in this place, we all have fudge we need to do. Also i don't blame you quitting tf2, you could probably quick sell your backpack for 4 grand, however i know you're better than that. We should play overwatch sometime and get angry at how fricking bull fudge the game can be.

I still need to buy it. I played during beta, but never got too into it. Perhaps with friends, it's a lot better.

Well, that's a shame I suppose. At least you're not actually leaving (implying anyone truly leaves xG). You'll still be able to give us your great wisdom when we're puzzled over something.

If you ever have the desire to play TF2 again, we'll be here.

Well this was definitely not something I was expecting to happen so soon. I don't blame you for losing interest in Tf2 either, the game has been getting worse and worse with every update, I do actually believe this last Halloween update might've been one of the nails in the coffin. You were a great community leader, xG probably wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for you. I really hope that I'll see you around, friend.

Well this was definitely not something I was expecting to happen so soon. I don't blame you for losing interest in Tf2 either, the game has been getting worse and worse with every update, I do actually believe this last Halloween update might've been one of the nails in the coffin. You were a great community leader, xG probably wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for you. I really hope that I'll see you around, friend.

This Halloween update is what's driving me to sell, actually. I'm done with the shoddy updates. =(

Dang :emoji_disappointed:

I hoped these goodbye threads from you were always memes and jokes....

This one being a legit one, is quite depressing.

You have been an awesome Community Manager, and very sad to see you stepping down, but I fully understand that feeling, and you shouldn't force yourself to continue doing something you lack the desire to do; and we all will respect your decision.

Come back soon! <3

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

Honestly don't be a stranger, voice your opinion or just hang out whenever you'd like. I wasn't here for majority of the your time in xG, but I know the TF2 division and Xeno Gamers in general owe you a lot. Have fun with any new games you try out, and hopefully we'll see you around (: