realBelloWaldi

Psa Due To Recent Events

Hey what's poppin' guys.

Recently we've been getting a lot of complaints about staff abusing their powers. And by a lot I mean a humongous amount of complaints. By putting this PSA up I just wanna make some things clear:

• Selling services for credits is not allowed. Services like: gagging/muting, launching players in the air via rocket, setting gravity for credits. This is honestly awful and represents the servers/clan really badly overall.

• We were never really strict on abuse, as a result there's been a lot of complaints. For example: Staff giving themselves like 50k HP to block the opposing team's spawn. Like, really? Mods+ have the ability to start votes, if you wanna have some fun with commands like sm_gravity you can always make a vote and see how it goes. Actual abuse will no longer be tolerated, this does also include using commands on everyone for no reason when the round ends etc.

• Staff members must show respect when dealing with players. We get it, although some people are incredibly hard to deal with, as a staff member you must treat others with respect.
    Starting to disrespect rule-breakers or even harassing them will most likely result in a removal of your powers and possibly a ban.
  • Staff members are also not excluded from breaking rules such as micspamming etc.

Make sure to read this guide: TF2 Staff Manual (Everything you need to know!)

==> @Bagel <<= @Bello (me!) @Goblins @mrnutty12 @Vexx @lik202 @BlankuChan @Egossi @Vixen @Rejects @ArminArmout @Osiris @Shwoos @Dethman @Shadower @Floppy @Vacindak @Kypari @Tatost @Flareon @Parasect @TheSupremePatriot @ThunderLimes @YeEternalTuna

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Selling services for credits is not allowed. Services like: gagging/muting, launching players in the air via rocket, setting gravity for credits. This is honestly awful and represents the servers/clan really badly overall.

This was/is actually a thing? Cheesus crust.

Seriously, @GeneralPopulation gather evidence and report Staff, I implore thee. We need an incentive program up in here that will reward players for reporting rule-breakers or abusive Staff, for real. To those of you already doing so, keep doing what you're doing. You're beautiful, don't ever change.

Seriously, @GeneralPopulation gather evidence and report Staff, I implore thee. We need an incentive program up in here that will reward players for reporting rule-breakers or abusive Staff, for real. To those of you already doing so, keep doing what you're doing. You're beautiful, don't ever change.

We have. That person knows who they are too as they were confronted.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Selling services for credits is not allowed. Services like: gagging/muting, launching players in the air via rocket, setting gravity for credits. This is honestly awful and represents the servers/clan really badly overall.

holy mother of god tf2 wtf remove fun commands for mods csgo did this

holy mother of gosh tf2 wtf remove fun commands for mods csgo did this

I saw what they were trying to sell. It wasn't just rocketme and fun things like that, but bans, gags, slays (etc). Moderators having that power isn't the problem; it's the moderator who has them that is.

Yes, it was. This entire thread is just a result of people reporting evidence.

holy mother of god tf2 wtf remove fun commands for mods csgo did this

Definitely not, we're not gonna restrict all fun commands just because a little amount of people messed up.

Yes, it was. This entire thread is just a result of people reporting evidence.

Definitely not, we're not gonna restrict all fun commands just because a little amount of people messed up.

Isn't this basically why probationary mods exist in the first place? To make sure that they can actually be trusted with the responsibility that is given to them?

@everyone else, please report this kind of behavior to your higher ups, and if you are in a position of power, don't be afraid to call them out/potentially punish them for it because this shit gives us a horrible rep and is a big no-no.

Some of the recent behavior from our staff has been quite disgusting if I may be blunt about it. Some seem to forget what micspamming is, others forget how abuse works. Guys I can't stress this enough, read the admin handbook, it'll really help you out in the long run. I'd even recommend keeping it open in the background or something, just in case you're unsure on how you handle a situation. There's also nothing wrong with asking other staff members what might be abuse or breaking rules, asking questions is never a bad idea. Also always remember to record any demos in case you think someone might abuse/break rules, evidence is the best thing you could possibly get if you want to keep these things from happening in the future.

Please don't be stupid with your powers; you were given them for a reason. We higher-ups, really put faith into you guys to keep our servers in check. As others have stated, it's fine to call votes and have fun, but for the love of god don't be idiots with your powers.

If people are going to continue to abuse their powers, the fun commands that you guys have will be revoked.

People are on thin ice. Don't fuck it up.

Seriously guys, these actions are the reasons some of our servers die or start dying. No one wants to play on a server with staff who think they are all high and mighty over everyone and can do whatever the hell they want just because they are staff. It is immature and rather disgusting behavior.