Egossi

What Made You Join Xg

I discorvered xG through Deathrun and the first thing I heard from little Moderator @Rejects at the time was. "No you can't activate traps on a free run you twat, what do you mean yes you can? it's in the Motd and I've told you multiple times." or something like that and then I saw some guy using /servers to join jailbreak so I did the same. and I became I jailbreak Fag.

(around November/December 2013)

Edited by Tomahawk (see edit history)

I discorvered xG through Deathrun and the first thing I heard from little Moderator @Rejects at the time was. "No you can't activate traps on a free run you twat, what do you mean yes you can? it's in the Motd and I've told you multiple times." or something like that and then I saw some guy using /servers to join jailbreak so I did the same. and I became I jailbreak Fag.

HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER THAT

Wolf, GeneralPheonixMask and Mattron, the two brits and the canadian kiddos long before the squeaker squad was formed, they introduced me to xG Jailbreak early 2015, joined up in May. You know the rest.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Wolf, GeneralPheonixMask and Mattron, the two brits and the canadian kiddos long before the squeaker squad was formed, they introduced me to xG Jailbreak early 2015, joined up in May. You know the rest.

what the hell was the squeaker squad?

i was like 12 and i didnt know how css server browser worked besides that i could sort by players so i did that and joined one of the top ones back when there were >50 players on the server at like all times and then i wanted to be one of the cool kids with the tags

you can see how well that turned out

I found xG through several friends of mine (one of which is now a former friend), them being Princess Twilight Sparkle, Zero, and (at the time) Frost Beard the Ice Hunter. Some of you may know frost as Doom, specifically referring to Bananashoes, can't remember his current name and I assume @Vector knew him as that as well.

I can only vaguely remember most of the details, but I just remember them inviting me to play on 24/7 Clocktown because i'm a massive zelda fangirl, and so I accepted. We would often come around and hang out on that server, and one night while i'm on my own, I found the (sadly now defunct) Rotation server. That near instantly became our go-to server, even though it was more than dead 98.7% of the time. @Goblins will remember~

I slowly fell in love with this community and wanted to be a little bit more involved in it, so about...oh, what was it, like, 4 something years after finding xG? I decided to go ahead and sign up for the forums, and have just wanted nothing more than to help this community grow and see it flourish. Heck, if it weren't for the teamspeak requirements for being a higher-up in general, I would have tried to sign up for mod freakin years ago.

Overall, XenoGamers is by far my absolute favorite TF2 community and i'm proud to call myself one~. xG for life.

Heck, if it weren't for the teamspeak requirements for being a higher-up in general, I would have tried to sign up for mod freakin years ago

You're sadly mistaken, a mod is not a higher up and it's not a requirement to be active on teamspeak in order to sign up for mod :emoji_sweat_smile: