Monika

What Are Your Impressions On The Nintendo Switch?

Hey everyone! After the press conference of the Nintendo Switch, I'm wondering what you guys think about it.

My opinion is that it looks very promising in terms of it's concept and definitely has a lot of potential, but there are not enough games at launch which is concerning. The only game that is even remotely interesting for launch is Breath of the Wild, which is also coming out to Wii U. We do have Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey coming out later in the year but Nintendo will definitely need to be creating much more of these good first/second party games to prevent it from becoming another Wii U. Regardless I will still probably buy it because being able to play fully fledged console games on the go is a really good concept and I'm excited to see what the Switch has in-store.

(See Supreme's thread, not copy pasting the entire essay here) I had to go grab a blanket during the big reveal thing a couple nights (i think) ago because I couldn't stop shivering BECAUSE I got too excited. Though I missed some parts of it, i loved almost every individual thing that they revealed. The newly named Joy Cons look super neat, and along with a color scheme depending on which variant of the Switch you buy, it could lead to amazing things like 1, 2, Switch - like games. Another really cool thing I'm personally looking forward to is the possibility of future Nintendo resurrections (Star Fox [title], Twilight Princess HD, Super Mario Sunshine HD, whatever else can come to mind), or new games such as the announced ARMS and, of course, Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. If I had the chance, I would TOTALLY go to one of the world wide Switch demos, but the closest one is in California and I have no transportation. The pricing wasn't too much of a surprise, though, as I expected it to be along the lines of $349-$399.

I feel really bad for the translator during the Grasshopper Manufacture appearance. Does anybody have a clue of what happened during that?

So far, the game lineup seems interesting. Mario Odyssey looks good, Arms looks fun, BotW looks cool.

I'll most likely buy one either when it comes out or shortly after. It's either a Switch or a VR headset, and $300+ is a bit easier to part with than $800+.

My only hope is that Nintendo decides to do something with F-Zero, hell, I'll even settle for an HD remake of GX.

I bought my Switch a few weeks ago, actually. So far, I really do like it. The home menu interface is nice and simplistic with not that many things to navigate through. I also love that it's gimmick is the same as the Wii U's, but infinitely better. The games, so far, have been excellent. I haven't picked up that many games for it yet, just Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey, but they are both fantastic. Also, with a new Super Smash Bros. game announced for it this year, the system's future is looking pretty bright from what I can see.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:05 PM, Thunder said:

The only reason I would buy it would be for smash 5

So, you still standing by this since Smash 5 was announced recently?

Also, since I last posted in this thread, I've actually bought a Switch. I like it a lot. It's portability has come in handy quite a bit.

Plus with The N-sane Trilogy coming to Switch soon (as well as Smash 5), I have no buyers remorse whatsoever.

And @Dannypicacho, I see you're practicing your necromancy skills, since you revived a year old thread ;)