xBenny

Surf Speed Limit Request

Raise the surf speed limit for all maps to 750% or above  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Raise the surf speed limit for all maps to 750% or above

• Yes, I want more speed
    • No, I want to keep the current limit

Recently i've been joining other surfing servers lately to see what they were like. One of the things I have noticed is that other skill surf servers have a WAY higher max speed limit while surfing. I have done some looking around into some of the most popular servers and it is the same thing, the have a higher max speed limit.

Currently in the official xG Surf server the max speed limit is around 565%. Now when I have joined other servers, almost every single one of these servers had a max speed limit above 780%.

For examplr one map for instance surf_horizon has a final pro end jump. Now with the max speed limit of 565% to about 640% some people can BARELY make, most of the time its only one or two people that could make it. But if you increase the max speed limit to about 750% you would make it more fun and enjoyable for players in the server because they know they can make the final jump on surf_horizon.

In conclusion I would think that raising the max speed limit for the xG Surf server would be really helpful for newer players and surfers. This will make the player feel happy about themselves because they have accomplished their goal to beat the map or even beat the pro end.

Thank you :3

-Benny

I have recently gotten into a conversation with [xG:M] Vacindak. He said that it is no possible to change it, he also said if you change the air accelerarion and acceleration it would be even more difficult. In my opinion I think it is possible to change the limit and keep everthing the same. :3

I have recently gotten into a conversation with [xG:M] Vacindak. He said that it is no possible to change it, he also said if you change the air accelerarion and acceleration it would be even more difficult. In my opinion I think it is possible to change the limit and keep everthing the same. :3

I've played on skill surf and having a higher max speed would make things a lot easier for new players. on monsterween you wouldn't get stopped at 547. the limit as it is, makes things very consistent, but some of the jumps we need the max we have. so if we raise max speed, then some of the maps would be very forgiving

If the limit could be increased, that'd be neat, but there are a few things that need to be considered.

With certain maps, too much speed could cause more trouble than help. Utopia is a good example. Once you hit around 450% - 500% you'll actually go fast enough to skip certain ramps. If that speed is increased, you'll either fly into walls or hit ceilings and loose the needed speed you had.

On the topic of Air Acceleration. If you're using the plugin I'm thinking of, it can be increased. A warning though, if the acceleration, strafing, or curve needed to accelerate is edited, it changes the physics for the entire gamemode. It gets to a point where you can jump in a straight line and build speed, and where just holding down A in mid-air without turning will send you flying to the left.

It'd be neat if we could maybe set it up to where the player chooses it for themselves rather than force the entire server to readjust to new Bhop and Air strafe physics, but that's just my opinion.

What me and also a lot of other members and moderatord were talking about was making a whole nother server just for SKILL Surf not for Combat, or Arena Surf. I don't know, maybe it would hard but, it's just an idea :cat:

Edited by xBenny (see edit history)