Quick question, if you use these titles shouldnt you be able to take off tags or do you want us to keep them? It would be nice to take them off ;c

Currently, no. The titles are just there if the staff members want to use them, we were going to discuss if you could use titles instead of tags eventually, but no exact time as to when we will go over that. Maybe sometime in the future, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Currently, no. The titles are just there if the staff members want to use them, we were going to discuss if you could use titles instead of tags eventually, but no exact time as to when we will go over that. Maybe sometime in the future, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Please talk about it as soon as possible.

So since we've had this for a while I want to point out one thing I've noticed, it's not the biggest issue and I don't want to be the ruin the fun guy but It's really hard now to figure out who higher ups are looking through steam friends. And I'm sure new players and members have it even harder than those of us that have known you guys forever. So maybe if we tried out something like DM+ wearing tags all the time, or even just when they aren't on the server. Or even something as simple as being more consistent with names so it's easier to keep track. Just really anything different that makes it easier to communicate with or even find higher ups over steam. Because right now if you don't know profile pictures or renaming habits it's a crapshoot. Like I said it isn't the biggest issue but improving it could help communication.

So since we've had this for a while I want to point out one thing I've noticed, it's not the biggest issue and I don't want to be the ruin the fun guy but It's really hard now to figure out who higher ups are looking through steam friends. And I'm sure new players and members have it even harder than those of us that have known you guys forever. So maybe if we tried out something like DM+ wearing tags all the time, or even just when they aren't on the server. Or even something as simple as being more consistent with names so it's easier to keep track. Just really anything different that makes it easier to communicate with or even find higher ups over steam. Because right now if you don't know profile pictures or renaming habits it's a crapshoot. Like I said it isn't the biggest issue but improving it could help communication.

I'm just going to give the same reply I gave to @TheSupremePatriot asking almost the same thing.

You can add your own tags to your steam friends. If you feel that you're going to have a difficult time finding them, click the drop down arrow next to their name and click "Tag as..." to tag them.

Edit: Also

We also have a staff roster:

Xenogamers Staff Roster

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm just going to give the same reply I gave to @TheSupremePatriot asking almost the same thing.

It's not about me though, I know your profile picture and I know @Sesh is going to be a single word under ten letters that's a pokemon or Reptile name. But new players and members are going to find it super confusing if they don't update their steam tags the second they add you. If that's the route you suggest then we should write in the staff lists to update friend tags for DMs+ once we add them.

It's not about me though, I know your profile picture and I know @Sesh is going to be a single word under ten letters that's a pokemon or Reptile name. But new players and members are going to find it super confusing if they don't update their steam tags the second they add you. If that's the route you suggest then we should write in the staff lists to update friend tags for DMs+ once we add them.

I usually keep the same name unless I'm joking around or in stealth. If in the event someone does need to find a DM+, they can look at the staff roster.

I usually keep the same name unless I'm joking around or in stealth. If in the event someone does need to find a DM+, they can look at the staff roster.

Unless you put one of those automated messages in chat saying "Go to this link (link) for the xG Staff Roster!" people will not know that it even exists. Were talking about new players here, not people that already know how to work these forums.

Unless you put one of those automated messages in chat saying "Go to this link (link) for the xG Staff Roster!" people will not know that it even exists. Were talking about new players here, not people that already know how to work these forums.

Titles are fine. They can clearly see that we're staff in the chat. Literally every server other than us does titles

Titles are fine. They can clearly see that we're staff in the chat. Literally every server other than us does titles

What about the staff that only talks but still uses those titles instead of tags?

An automated message that links to the roster would be helpful, something about "If you need to find a staff member go to [link]" or such. As Kypari said almost every server does the title system and for those that talk a lot they should consider wearing tags- though having a link to the roster would help. I often type in chat so my title is displayed, but even when I wore tags that DIDN'T always help new players know what I was. I don't know about you, but regular xG members often got confused for staff because they had [xG] in their name, and often enough people forgot I was staff whether I had mine on or not.

What I'm saying is that titles or tags new players get confused regardless, people forgot I was staff even with tags a thing before and new players also would confuse regulars or people wearing the normal tags for staff pretty often. The titles at the least display what we are in full "Moderator/Admin/Division Manager/etc" @Vexx and some others can definitely attest to this.