gangsterheavy

(idea) Server Quests

is this a good idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. is this a good idea?

• yes
    • no

my idea is where everyday everyone on the server would get a quest or objective for server credits like

*get 10 head shots as sniper (125 shmekles)

*evade 200 damage using bonk as scout (50 shmekles)

*get 3 back stabs as spy (100 shmekles)

i thought this would make players come back every day to complete their assigned quest

on me and my friends old server we did something like this and we saw players come back often but that was 2 years ago i wonder if it still works that is the reason i put up this thread also to get players to come back to xG servers

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I can see the attempt in trying to bring the community closer with objectives to complete and challenges but if this was to go through, the objectives would have to be a lot more extreme. Not trying to put down the idea at all but most of these task are done 100x on a regular basis. Probably more so on certain types of servers like trading or vsh

It could possibly be implemented in a weekly event rather than daily to bring in population. For example I could see a silly for like idk..trying to populate zf with a crazy objective of "Kill a tank with short circuit" That's just my opinion though

my idea is where everyday everyone on the server would get a quest or objective for server credits like

*get 10 head shots as sniper (125 shmekles)

*evade 200 damage using bonk as scout (50 shmekles)

*get 3 back stabs as spy (100 shmekles)

i thought this would make players come back every day to complete their assigned quest

if i get 3 backstabs as a spy and 100 shmekels, then ill get ALOT for those who who know how good as a spy i am:)

while it seems like a good idea at first, like blanku said it will be abused and players will just wait for their quests to reset and get their credits instantly with friends which will take away all the fun of the original concept and make it a pointless way to get free fast credits.

the quests could be based off of server events if it was it would nullify the chances of this happening

while it seems like a good idea at first, like blanku said it will be abused and players will just wait for their quests to reset and get their credits instantly with friends which will take away all the fun of the original concept and make it a pointless way to get free fast credits.

It seems nice, but very abusable. I feel like it would be better if you could find a way to disable progress until a certain amount of players join the server and making them reset weekly instead of daily along with making the objective much harder to achieve (ex. 100 headshots using the Ambassador)

Yeah, as said before, it does seem fun, but it might be abused. The only way I can see to prevent this would be to make quests incredibly difficult and require skill. For example, a Quad kill within 15 seconds without a crit. Or, double market garden with one jump. Or, a 30 killstreak. You know?