Donakonda

Donakonda - Team Fortress 2

Look Donakonda, I'm going to be completely honest with you here. I do not think you have exactly what it takes to be a moderator. Yes you are active, but you don't seem to pay all that good attention to anything that is ever happening. You're a good guy dona, but I'm going to have to -1. Sorry.

Its nothing like voting for president, there's much less votes for this so each individual vote matters even more. Also, it's always the higher-ups decision in the end, so I really wouldn't say its a community vote.

But its the community that can sway a higher-ups decision.

Tatost has been a part of the community for a while and even though hes not a member anymore maybe his post could sway a higher-ups decision in the final matter.

aka yes, it is kinda a community decision

Its nothing like voting for president, there's much less votes for this so each individual vote matters even more. Also, it's always the higher-ups decision in the end, so I really wouldn't say its a community vote.

Perhaps you should get @Vexx to clarify this issue before this becomes a 5 page application 80% argument.

Perhaps you should get @Vexx to clarify this issue before this becomes a 5 page application 80% argument.

Even though yes it is ultimately our decision to choose staff, community input does help us come to that decision. If we did want to compare it to an actual election, I guess you could see the higher ups being electoral college. Even though people do "vote" for someone and it does help electorates come to a decision, it's ultimately up to the electorates to decide on who gets elected.

I understand the testament behind telling him to put more depth into his forum posts, and that he shouldn't "spam" just to make a staff application, but you should still write if you think he'd be a good candidate to be a mod.

How detailed he articulates himself on the forums does not contribute to how he acts on the servers, and if you think he would be a good mod. We can always let the application run for an extra month or so if we feel like he would be a good mod but just needs to work on his activity on the forums. On top of that, he is from 2014 so clearly he wants to show interest in being staff when there might not have been any for him in the past.

Just my opinion, at the end of the day it is the TF2 higherups who make the decision.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

-1 Im sorry dona but I dont really think you're qualified for mod.

1. You basically only did +1 is active and mature on member submissions to get your 50

2. You spout random shit that is pretty immature

Maybe if you got help you would be good but on your own I dont think you should be.

Just adding another part to this but

Donakonda doesnt really understand situations like many others do.

I have seen multiple situations where there was sarcasm with the intent to be very very rude but Dona just thought the person was being nice.

Im sorry to say this but until you can actually understand people around you better its still going to be a -1 from me.

I hate to -1 but...

Like others have said, my main reason is that while you're SUPER active which is great and all, you seem a little oblivious and misunderstanding of whatever is going on, and that my friend is essential to being a mod. If you read YeEternalTuna's comment, he has a good point, too.

Don't take this the wrong way, you're a great guy and all, but I just don't think you're equipped for mod right now.

Oh, and no mini-rant here ;), I don't think not having 50 forum posts should discount you from even being considered provided you have other qualities to run off of.

I'm neutral about this.

Literally doesn't matter if he spammed to get 50 posts. Maybe if people actually posted interesting topics on the forums, he'd have something to give back. The threads about xG updates, and "What is your favorite X" is the only threads I've seen that actually have the community talking more.

I also want to throw out there again that it's irritating seeing people give the same reasons to -1. "Spammed 50 posts", "Same reason as the others", etc. Take some time to actually write out a good reason. Those who have actually put a good reason (Not thinking Dona is fit since he seems to not observe the whole server well enough), actually played with Dona and know enough about him. Post count is just a prerequisite to apply.

Anyone who likes xG and thinks it could/should expand should get more and more people to join the forums.

2. You spout random fudge that is pretty immature

This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Use your damn head, man.

+1The decisions and opinions I've seen on this thread are so 50/50 but in all honesty, given how long this guy has been with xG consistently and the amount of time he pumps into the servers...it's worth a shot. Yes, it could seem like he doesn't understand the full extent of someone being a sarcastic/toxic asshole when he's hanging around. That doesn't mean we can take him for an obvlivious idiot either. I'm damn sure we've had worst staff before, if the dude flunks and is a garbage staff member, the powers given can be as easily taken away. If anything, could use a little nudge or two to be a little more aware on what it going on. Donakonda isn't a bad person...and would probably be dedicated as hell if given the oppurtunity.