TBOHB

Remove 3d Land

Remove 3D Land  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Remove 3D Land

• No
    • Yes

trade_3dland is a horrible map. It is sad that I have to go from one end to the other end to actually get into contact with the other team. This map is bland, broken and boring. In the overworld when you fall off the edge, you don't die when there should be a kill zone down there. A lot of people hate this map for these reasons (unless I forgot anything). I think it is time we remove this map and I hope you think so too.

Not much more to add then what was said, just because it's not "the best" map, doesn't mean it needs to be removed. If that were the case we'd have all of four maps on the server. Lets please not purge maps just because they aren't top tier, sometimes a map is worth keeping just for the sake of variety.

-1 Can we not remove maps just because "oh I don't like them"? I don't think we should remove a map just based off of if you dislike the map, but if there's actually something wrong with the map such as a map-breaking exploit or such.

The way I see it, gaming related and not broken are MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, not automatic grounds for a spot on the server. This idea that whoever made the thread just wants it gone for personal reasons is pretty dumb. I see it as the same type of argument as hating on people for less than stellar posts to get to 50, what are they supposed to do? If multiple people think a map is bad, and not up to our servers standards, whether that map is complete and bug free or not really doesn't matter. And besides, outside of clear personal favoritism and begging higher ups outside of the forums, starting a discussion around whether or not we should have a map is perfectly valid. For any reason. It's a community vote, not one persons opinion.

3dland is generally disliked. Groans flood voice chat whenever it gets picked, and I think it's telling that your argument is "we shouldn't remove maps we dislike" instead of bringing up a single positive thing about the map. If the map can't be defended on the merits, and only on what is basically procedural grounds, then it should be removed.

Tl;dr: the map is bad, fairly objectively. it may be complete, but it's bad. If you want it gone, say why. If you want it to stay, defend it on its merits. But if all you can say is "we shouldn't remove maps the community as a majority dislikes" then nah fam, we should.

+1 for removal

In the overworld when you fall off the edge, you don't die when there should be a kill zone down there.

Nevermind there's at least one incomplete facet of the map

-1 Can we not remove maps just because "oh I don't like them"? I don't think we should remove a map just based off of if you dislike the map, but if there's actually something wrong with the map such as a map-breaking exploit or such.

I never said that I personally don't like them. EVERYTIME I POST A MAP REMOVAL everybody is like "no don't remove just because you don't like septik you fucking idiot lmao"> No everytime we go on this map like @Moosty said, the chat is filled with people complaining this map exists. But if you think it should stay is fine, but this post isn't only on MY opinion, it's on others as well.

lets remove clocktown then because people dont like it lmao that's not how it works buddy

That's still a perfectly valid reason to make a remove clocktown thread. It would get -1d to hell but you would have every right. The maps are negotiable, and the community decides them. That is how it works, buddy.

Still waiting on a single positive thing to be said about 3dland as a map, clearly some people want it to stay, but the why just seems to not be being posted. Anyone? Bueller?

Still waiting on a single positive thing to be said about 3dland as a map, clearly some people want it to stay, but the why just seems to not be being posted. Anyone? Bueller?

There are only two negatives i see. its too long and doesnt look nice, visuals only go down to a persons preference and i personally enjoy the mario visuals and the length can be fixed by playing fast classes or engi

I was making an example. He's saying that everyone in chat complains about 3d land when they switch to it, it's not different for any other map. Someone is always going to complain

True, but whether it's a large majority complaining, or a few people with a grudge is the question. If more than half want it gone, it should be gone. If a few want it gone, it won't pass the vote. That's how our system works. Saying dislike isn't a valid reason to make a poll is what I have a problem with. If we only have the oppurtunity to make threads about technically (code wise) flawed maps, that greatly lessens the communities ability to build the best server.

And I don't want to hate on our higher ups because I love the speedy responses and activity, I just want consistency.

But we've been adding maps that are suggested usually after just a higher up testing it. No community vote and no arbitrary two week wait. It shouldn't be easier to add a map than remove one. Either make both easy or both difficult.

But we're at a place right now where it's easier for a map to be added than removed, and that breeds lower quality maps in the rotation.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

3dland plays very differently than most maps, feels better when you play agile classes such as demo, soldier, or scout. it also looks very nice and the ? blocks are a nice little thing to add

-1 for removal

There are only two negatives i see. its too long and doesnt look nice, visuals only go down to a persons preference and i personally enjoy the mario visuals and the length can be fixed by playing fast classes or engi

The whole falling off the overworld killzone never being coded in? That rather seems like a mistake or design flaw no?

The whole falling off the overworld killzone never being coded in? That rather seems like a mistake or design flaw no?

I know its a mistake in code but its also pretty hard to fall in so i wouldnt say its bad map because of it

For me, this map is totally broken and I just leave TGH when it enters the rotation.

There are weird silhouettes everywhere which surround me and make the map very displeasing to play on.

However, apparently no one else is having this issue so I'm going to withhold my vote on this one

If anyone knows something about this bug, please let me know.