Spoopy

The Perfect Way To Backstab Friends.

Yo waddap its ya boi spoopy and ya Asian boi (not Chinese u butts @WubbaLubbaDubDub ) here to introduce a new idea for a server. Murder!

Now if u have known what mafia, town of Salem, or trouble in terrorist town is then, murder is pretty much the same thing.

If not here's how the game.

You got your friends and you in a fight for your life situation. You got one cop with a gun that instant kills, but reloads slow, a murder with a knife that makes u allow to "run" and swing people with a knife that instant kills, and civilians who are just there to survive. Simple really, but the best part in this game is all the lies and backstabs and trust put to the test and people running around in panic. Goodie stuff.

[TF2] Murder (version 0.5.1 Beta) - AlliedModders

Here the mod link files which explains what the server needs. Just a suggestion since summer is coming up.

Some problems are like this is highly recommended with mics, randoms might not be able to know the regulars (if there is any), but it's a good way to know members in the clan ( in some shady ways ).

Remember this is just a though. Not saying like PUT THIS SERVER. FUCK THE OTHER SERVER I WANT THIS ONE. Like a imiture kid (*cough* looking at you tatost :D and me D: ) This just got me interested since Friday the 13 is getting popular and @Egossi brought up town of Salem (which is fun af. if u have time go get it) Maybe we can replace tf2 ware with this since both are mini games and tf2 ware seems empty. (Even though tf2 ware is fun Rip tf2 ware)

Here's a video on action (don't judge who I watch man it was in my recommendations >->)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHJMXtzSvg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I feel like we should replace general trade with this considering that it has no use because we have 2 other trade servers and its never populated. I doubt this would generate a constant population but it seems like a thing that a bunch of regulars decide to play at the same time. Seems fun +1

+1 This could be fun to get a bunch of people or friends on, like TF2Ware. I love Town of Salem and TTT so this I'd love to see this idea go somewhere.

imiture kid (*cough* looking at you tatost

1. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Murder for Minecraft > any other murder game

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot, used to play this kind of thing in Gmod all the time a while ago and it was pretty fun usually- at least when you could get a good group of players going with it. +1 to the idea of changing General Trade to this if agreed on.

When you remember that general trade is a thing... +1 for changing it.

But yeah, I have tried this a couple times on GMod and liked it, so I would be down for having it around.

I don't have any friends though, so I would suck to be a killer cause it would be easy to find out :(

EDIT: This does seem like a fun gamemode to test out :)

Edited by Hype (see edit history)

Eh. My issue is that TF2 isn't a particularly difficult game to aim in. The espionage would be fun, but as soon as you figure out the traitor it's GG. And that's just assuming you have like 4 people playing, if you turn an entire 24 man server into a "Murder" gamemode, the traitor(s) would be found out almost immediately, as there'd be eyes everywhere, and it would be near-impossible to get a sneaky secluded kill without at least one other person noticing. There's also the issue of the gamemode being incredibly easy to exploit using a couple of friends, and steam chat/discord.

I also see people conflating the actual game-mode of "Murder" with TTT. Murder is an actual gamemode within G-Mod, it plays out pretty similar to the TF2 version. The edge TTT has over Murder is with careful planning and aim, you can actually still win as Terrorist, even if you've been found out and there's 2-3 people. Also, everyone gets guns, so it's a lot more fun imo. Hell, even "Murder" is better in G-Mod, as you can at least throw your knife it to get a ranged instakill in the G-Mod version...

I know I seem like a debby downer, but really I don't care what the new server is turned into, as I'll probably never start playing alternative gamemodes anyway, I'm just trying to predict things that could go wrong so that people can be aware of them. Anything's better than a 0/32 general trade though.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

There's also the issue of the gamemode being incredibly easy to exploit using a couple of friends, and steam chat/discord.

This has always been a thing, in jb, dr, or even other mini games that we don't have powers over, but the best we can do is just say that you shouldn't ghost and hey should Inforce it. If they don't then, that's what's happens.

And that's just assuming you have like 4 people playing, if you turn an entire 24 man server into a "Murder" gamemode, the traitor(s) would be found out almost immediately, as there'd be eyes everywhere, and it would be near-impossible to get a sneaky secluded kill without at least one other person noticing.

Holly crap imagine 24 people in this server. Most likely not since it's going to be like tf2 ware. But then again that's what trickery and strategy is useful here. I can say that elcark (srry bud your the first person I though I could pick on) is the murder when actually I am. Then I can kill him and say he's hiding and such stuff like that. Of course when you get caught then you gotta change strats but going stealth is not impossible. As for "disadvantage" remember this is still in beta so the modders can balance some stats and stuff. Or we can do it (can we?) and adjust like we do in freak fortress (thx rejects, bello, and bone).

If I spelt something wrong then I'm srry I type this whole thing on my phone and you know how that's turns out. (Still bored working here probably be more on forums than actual server D: meeting the minimum now is gunna be hard over the summer)