Egossi

Egossi - Team Fortress 2

if you apply that logic to real life jobs, when a CEO quits their job from a big company, they should start off as a janitor/high school atendee if they want to start working for another company again, which if you think about it, is a complete waste of time

which is also the case in my situation, it is also a very huge discouragement at least for old higher ups to run for staff again.

First, I'd like to point out while you were staff before that doesn't mean you deserve special treatment and skip moderator

This is beyond dumb. That's like making a manager apply for a basic minimum wage job and climb back up to manager position.

I think in order to be fair we'd have to consider also giving any other admin+ who stepped down or such respectfully or for certain reasons a chance to come back as an admin again too if we do so for Egossi.

This is just common sense. Egossi isn't a special case. He has experience in staff, hence why he is applying for admin. Anyone else who was a good admin+ should be able to apply for said

but giving him admin immediately is unfair to all the mods that have been trying to work their way up for quite a while already.

I'm sorry, my friend, but Egossi's application shouldn't affect other mods trying to get admin or higher. If everyone just started applying for admin, then I could see where this statement is coming from.

Egossi is fit for the position as admin. He's been staff plenty of times. I think it's obvious that he's capable. +1

To those saying it's not fair, it is actually fair; he has the experience that will give him the edge.

Not to start any fudge, but I don't think it's right that he gets admin/mod from this application, I mean. He's stepped down and gotten staff back how many times now? I just don't think it's right that he gets staff this instant. I don't have anything else against Egossi since that's all cleared up as far as I'm aware, but given the fact stated above, I say give it a little bit instead of jumping the gun the second he decides to come back. -1

That was all on the basis of how long it's been since he's come back, in terms of if he can handle it, he was a DM, I'm sure he can handle Admin/mod, so +1 to that matter. Good luck with this application @Egossi . :)

Not to start any fudge, but I don't think it's right that he gets admin/mod from this application, I mean. He's stepped down and gotten staff back how many times now? I just don't think it's right that he gets staff this instant. I don't have anything else against Egossi since that's all cleared up as far as I'm aware, but given the fact stated above, I say give it a little bit instead of jumping the gun the second he decides to come back. -1

That came off wrong, I meant it in the sense that given that he's been staff several times before, then he should wait a bit. That should stand true for anyone that is reapplying after leaving in my opinion. Sorry if that came off a bit hostile, just thought of how I put that.

I think you were good at your job but I remember you were inactive every single promo/demo apart from at most two since you got DM. Even the same promo/demo you got DM you had about 10 hours and the requirement was ≈18. Your hours are I think 18 now which is obviously high enough for staff but because you were incapable of activity I don't think skipping straight to admin is the right option personally. I think after you have proven to us you can keep a consistent activity for at least a month you should be promoted to admin from moderator.

-1 For admin instantly but +1 for moderator. I have little doubt that you won't earn admin since you were good at your job but I think that you need to prove that you can stay active. Good luck (y)

That was all on the basis of how long it's been since he's come back

Your point would have some sort of validation if it was true that I "came back", i never really went anywhere to begin with and have been on servers at least once every 2-3 days since I stepped down, and for the past month I have been getting on once everyday, playing on our servers very actively, so you are very wrong in that regard

I think you were good at your job but I remember you were inactive every single promo/demo apart from at most two since you got DM. Even the same promo/demo you got DM you had about 10 hours and the requirement was ≈18.

That is partially false, It is true that the hour requirement was 18 hours when I was promoted, however I did get the hour requirement rule to change half a month later, so it isn't entirely true that I was not active enough in the duration of my DM position

I also disagree that activity has anything to do with whether or not I should be admin directly or not, since I am active now and have proven to be capable of having a higher up position, it is simply irrelevant, what you're pointing out.

As a side note I explained why I was incative at the time, I'm in a 3 month long summer holiday now so my activity along with everyone else's will obviously be boosted to an extent.

That is partially false, It is true that the hour requirement was 18 hours when I was promoted, however I did get the hour requirement rule to change half a month later, so it isn't entirely true that I was not active enough in the duration of my DM position

I also disagree that activity has anything to do with whether or not I should be admin directly or not, since I am active now and have proven to be capable of having a higher up position, it is simply irrelevant, what you're pointing out.

You were active at most 2 promo/demos. I talked to Rejects and Bello about it nearly every promo/demo, you can just ask them. The fact that you remained inactive means that we don't know if you're even going to be able to keep your admin position since you were going to become more active after having being warned as a DM yet you improved the following promo/demo but after that it went back to normal. Admins are meant to be staff members that does their job well, which you already do. However, it also means you have to be trustworthy, and I don't think I can fully believe that you are going to be active until you prove it for a few months as a moderator. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just I'd rather see it put to the test. It's like going to college without doing an interview to see if you're capable of going there and instead just saying "I'm good at this" and instantly getting in. You have to prove your worth and I think you just need to prove it again because you were inactive for so long. :coffee:

You were active at most 2 promo/demos. I talked to Rejects and Bello about it nearly every promo/demo, you can just ask them. The fact that you remained inactive means that we don't know if you're even going to be able to keep your admin position since you were going to become more active after having being warned as a DM yet you improved the following promo/demo but after that it went back to normal.

Again, my point is that the rule for activity was that staff activity adequecy was determined by higher ups, and at the time, rejects did warn me out of nowhere which i argued with him about since it was so sudden and he seemed to be the only person who thought I wasn't active enough from the whole team of higher ups at the time. I was considered generally at the time to be active enough by other higher ups, which is what mattered, whether you agreed with that or not.

At least in technicality I was active enough for all promo/demos other than the one I was promoted to DM in, unrelated to you/ me agreeing or disagreeing with that.

it also means you have to be trustworthy, and I don't think I can fully believe that you are going to be active until you prove it for a few months as a moderator. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just I'd rather see it put to the test.

I also disagree that trustworthyness has anything to do with my activity, it would have to do with abuse/instability if I had shown any, however.

At the end of the day I do see where the argument is coming from, but since I have been active at least from day to day on our tf2 servers, and literally every single day on our teamspeak server (mostly with higher ups who have +1'd or aproved of this thread), it is unnecessary to waste time and keep me in a lower position than I have very much recently proven to be capable of holding.

And in terms of "unfairness" I do not understand why it is acted as if we have a limit of the maximum amount of players we can have holding the Administrator position, just promote ALL the people who deserve the position at once and the problem is solved in every single way imaginable, I don't see why it's such a problem that I am applying for Admin directly

Again, my point is that the rule for activity was that staff activity adequecy was determined by higher ups, and at the time, rejects did warn me out of nowhere which i argued with him about since it was so sudden and he seemed to be the only person who thought I wasn't active enough from the whole team of higher ups at the time. I was considered generally at the time to be active enough by other higher ups, which is what mattered, whether you agreed with that or not.

At least in technicality I was active enough for all promo/demos other than the one I was promoted to DM in, unrelated to you/ me agreeing or disagreeing with that.

I also disagree that trustworthyness has anything to do with my activity, it would have to do with abuse/instability if I had shown any, however.

At the end of the day I do see where the argument is coming from, but since I have been active at least from day to day on our tf2 servers, and literally every single day on our teamspeak server (mostly with higher ups who have +1'd or aproved of this thread), it is unnecessary to waste time and keep me in a lower position than I have very much recently proven to be capable of holding.

And in terms of "unfairness" I do not understand why it is acted as if we have a limit of the maximum amount of players we can have holding the Administrator position, just promote ALL the people who deserve the position at once and the problem is solved in every single way imaginable, I don't see why it's such a problem that I am applying for Admin directly

It makes you untrustworthy since we don't know if you're going to be active or not.

I also have a link to your inactivity from when you were DM still by coincidence from the 17th of February if you want to check it out [MEDIA=imgur]a/bD6Gr[/MEDIA]

I want you to be admin because I think you do your job well as I've said, but I want to be proven that you can keep your activity up for just a month and then I think you should be promoted.

It makes you untrustworthy since we don't know if you're going to be active or not.

I also have a link to your inactivity from when you were DM still by coincidence from the 17th of February if you want to check it out [MEDIA=imgur]a/bD6Gr[/MEDIA]

Once again, any activity I had after this thread New Year, New Memes! A January Update! | Xeno Gamers

was determined to be good enough either because I have been extremely active on forums and teamspeak, or because I had good explanations for why I was/had to be inactive at the time

Once again, any activity I had after this thread New Year, New Memes! A January Update! | Xeno Gamers

was determined to be good enough either because I have been extremely active on forums and teamspeak, or because I had good explanations for why I was/had to be inactive at the time

It was still way too low. 5 hours is not enough and I'm sure all of the higherups back then and even now would agree with me

It was still way too low. 5 hours is not enough and I'm sure all of the higherups back then and even now would agree with me

I was one of the higher ups back then and I wasn't confronted by a single higher up other than Rejects, who confronted me at one of my most active times.

I will highlight this one because you are ignoring my point which I have re-stated multiple times now, whether you think I was active enough or not did not matter at the time, I was considered to be generally active enough, and it is irrelevant now since I am active now, I really don't see why you think this is a valid reason to determine whether I should go up to admin or have to start from mod, I will have the same amount of activity whether I am promoted to admin or mod anyway, and you are saying I am trusted enough to be given the powers of admin, so why does it matter whether I am admin or mod for this case? I am asking because I really don't understand

I was one of the higher ups back then and I wasn't confronted by a single higher up other than Rejects, who confronted me at one of my most active times.

I will highlight this one because you are ignoring my point which I have re-stated multiple times now, whether you think I was active enough or not did not matter at the time, I was considered to be generally active enough, and it is irrelevant now since I am active now, I really don't see why you think this is a valid reason to determine whether I should go up to admin or have to start from mod, I will have the same amount of activity whether I am promoted to admin or mod anyway, and you are saying I am trusted enough to be given the powers of admin, so why does it matter whether I am admin or mod for this case? I am asking because I really don't understand

Bello confronted you as well just before you stepped down and he even agreed with me and wanted to tell you to become more active but he struggled to tell you because you guys are like best friends.

I know you weren't active because I was monitoring your activity because you were promoted to DM below the minimum activity for staff at the time. Here's a link to the thread: Promotions And Demotions #163 | Xeno Gamers

You need to prove to us you can stay active because you definitely weren't when you were staff as proven, so I want to see that you can be active as moderator and prove that you can be trusted to stay active and once you've proved it after at least one month then you should get admin. That's all

Bello confronted you as well just before you stepped down and he even agreed with me and wanted to tell you to become more active but he struggled to tell you because you guys are like best friends.

I know you weren't active because I was monitoring your activity because you were promoted to DM below the minimum activity for staff at the time. Here's a link to the thread: Promotions And Demotions #163 | Xeno Gamers

You need to prove to us you can stay active because you definitely weren't when you were staff as proven, so I want to see that you can be active as moderator and prove that you can be trusted to stay active and once you've proved it after at least one month then you should get admin. That's all

Without any more context, sounds to me like he finally stepped down when he was told he was being too inactive. Sounds like he did the right thing, then? Dunno.

Anyways, this whole "I can't trust you since I thought you should be active, and you were in your eyes, but you weren't in my eyes, so I feel betrayed" thing is ..strange. Even if he's a mod or admin, shouldn't he be getting less leniency regarding activity now compared to a DM?

Without any more context, sounds to me like he finally stepped down when he was told he was being too inactive. Sounds like he did the right thing, then? Dunno.

Anyways, this whole "I can't trust you since I thought you should be active, and you were in your eyes, but you weren't in my eyes, so I feel betrayed" thing is ..strange. Even if he's a mod or admin, shouldn't he be getting less leniency regarding activity now compared to a DM?

He was told before by Rejects and did know about it since Rejects leaked some stuff like higherups always do

I think activity across every position needs at least 14 hours including DM and DL.