Vexx

Uber Upgrades Updates, Suggestions, Bug Fixes

Uber upgrades is now open, look at our server list to connect: Xeno Gamers

This thread is for people to make suggestions or report bugs they find with Uber Upgrades. This server is still very much a WIP so there may be bugs or missing plugins.

A bunch of weapons can't be upgraded such as the Cleaner's Carbine and Air Strike.

I don't think that's a bug, the plugin just isn't updated for certain weapons. Cleaners carbine did have its mechanics changed drastically in one of the more recent updates, and the Air Strike was one of the last weapons to be added to the game, I'll see if I can do anything with these weapons.

May I suggest capping the max level/money/exp to be much lower? It's pretty fun to have some of these insane upgrades, but the fact that you can have basically infinite money and exp means you never need to make any real balancing decisions, as you can eventually totally max out everything anyway. Furthermore having near infinite money/exp generated is what leads to people eventually becoming almost impossible to kill. I think money should be capped to an amount that allows you to max out two stats at most to be honest, that way you might actually have to choose between offensive and defensive capabilities.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, disabling caps is probably for the better when the exp/money system relies solely on killing people, as capping just leads to a period of free kills, ergo free money, and then a snowball effect, making it easier to cap next round.

May I suggest capping the max level/money/exp to be much lower? It's pretty fun to have some of these insane upgrades, but the fact that you can have basically infinite money and exp means you never need to make any real balancing decisions, as you can eventually totally max out everything anyway. Furthermore having near infinite money/exp generated is what leads to people eventually becoming almost impossible to kill. I think money should be capped to an amount that allows you to max out two stats at most to be honest, that way you might actually have to choose between offensive and defensive capabilities.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, disabling caps is probably for the better when the exp/money system relies solely on killing people, as capping just leads to a period of free kills, ergo free money, and then a snowball effect, making it easier to cap next round.

I had added the cap disabler plugin to the server, but I don't think I set it up correctly. I'll look into fixing the plugin later. As for a cap on the money and levels, I'll talk to some people, may have to do a vote on it. If you have an idea as to what the level or money cap should be, please let me know. I'm personally not even sure if the plugin allows for levels to be capped, but I'll see what I can do.

That issue where I was upgrading my rocket launcher and it suddenly switched to my shotgun and applied the upgrades to it instead: I was just supposed to press the numbers to upgrade slower, right?

That issue where I was upgrading my rocket launcher and it suddenly switched to my shotgun and applied the upgrades to it instead: I was just supposed to press the numbers to upgrade slower, right?

That's the plan, don't really know a workaround.