virr

Rating System Feedback Thread [poll]

Do you prefer the old or the new rating system?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the old or the new rating system?

• New System
    • Old System

Hey everyone!

A couple weeks ago we introduced a new rating system to replace the old one that has been used for a long time. We've recieved a lot of feedback regarding this change, both positive and negative. While most bugs have been ironed out by now, we wanted to check in with you guys to get your thoughts and suggestions before moving forward. The results of this poll (which closes in 7 days) and the feedback gained from this thread will be taken into consideration and decide on what system we will settle on in the future, and what changes have to be made if we do stay with the new one.

Please keep in mind that this thread is to gather feedback on how you rate posts, not the ratings themselves. For feedback on ratings, click here!

Thank you!

Edited by virr (see edit history)

Ratings are judgy and bad in general we should only have one rating, a gold star that says nice post.

But if we do have rude, bullying ratings, we should have the old ones, because they were funnier. The new ratings just look like normie emojis, I need my pixelated potleaf and runescape elf back, If I want emojis I'll go on twitter my dudes.

Real talk: The old, ugly ratings really added to the charm of xG, and made it feel unique. They were our special little inside jokes. I've honestly barely been rating posts since the change, there just isn't incentive and it's uninteresting.

@Kypari The intended feature from @Rhododendron is to have the ratings show when you just hover over Choose Ratings instead of having to click on it. Would people prefer this change, is there a middle ground people want? Please give us as much feedback as possible :)

@Kypari The intended feature from @Rhododendron is to have the ratings show when you just hover over Choose Ratings instead of having to click on it. Would people prefer this change, is there a middle ground people want? Please give us as much feedback as possible :)

I personally preferred it when was just permanently there without having to click or hover over anything. I just think it's neater for some reason

Needs a lizard rating.

Though for a real answer since some people seem a little miffed at that, I do prefer the old system as opposed to the new one. Both the icons and having everything show up on the bar without clicking to choose. It isn't too big a deal though, I'll live either way and probably like it more in time if it stays.

Edited by Sesh (see edit history)

I like this new system, however the black icons need to be responsive to the theme the user is on.

If on light theme, the icons should remain black... If on dark theme, they should be a white version or something that is visible on the dark theme.

@Rhododendron would there be anyway this could possibly be implemented?

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

I like this new system, however the black icons need to be responsive to the theme the user is on.

If on light theme, the icons should remain black... If on dark theme, they should be a white version or something that is visible on the dark theme.

@Rhododendron would there be anyway this could possibly be implemented?

The way it's implemented, it would be annoying but I'll change the SVG color to something better or find a replacement.

I really hate the new icons. They are really just a standard emoji set and don't have any personality with it, thus we can't really have ratings like Blaze It or Dank Meme in the future. Additionally I despise the fact that there are two menus in order to rate things, especially on mobile. Currently on my phone, the ratings overlap each other and it impossible to rate things. I sincerely hope that we go back to the old ratings set and method.

What phone system do you have, what browser?

Also, you can scroll side to side to browse all ratings now.

I just got here a few days ago so this is all new to me. Judging by the pics the old one looks a bit more simple, but I'm chill with how this is all laid out. Could probably improve in the future though with a few different ratings.