Bone

Bone's Map Fixing/porting Request Thread

Ok, so I know what you're thinking, "Bone, this is the third map themed thread you've made in like a week, stop"

Well this one's different... again...

This thread is all about getting current or past maps we host(ed) back to a more working state.

Simply post the name or link to a map that we may have or have had on the servers at one point and what the issue is, and I'll try to fix them.

Some maps may need more work than others, or maybe they just need to be ported to TF2 (looking at you Gmod DR maps...).

Whatever the issue, don't be afraid to post 'em here

if this needed to be in the map request section, then by all means move it there

dr_mario

The bomb trap doesnt kill you if you just jump on top of the bombs

dr_bank

the last "im firing my laser" trap should have less of a delay so you can actually kill with it

dr_winterhill/dr_wintervalley

When you fall off the map it should do more damage so you have less people delaying

dr_cocainum

2 traps before the last chance door you can sit in a spot where when they press the button and the blocks change you can live, maybe slighty move the block so if you sit there it kills you

dr_psykopat

The second trap you can jump over so it needs to be bigger

I might come back with more if I forgot them

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Bank: The delay for the laser trap really is useless right now, so what I would suggest is giving the delay for it be like 2 seconds so you atleast have a chance to survive it and put something to show the range of it like making it an actual laser, since right now not many people know the actual range of the trap. Instead we should make it so you can no longer SURVIVE THE MOTIVATOR here, just like on old office before you fixed it if you go into certain places on office you can survive him and a lot of people do this and delay the round, but I'm not sure what to do bout that since the reason why it doesn't reach them is cuz they can't have gaben reaching through the door and killing people actually doing the map.

Arconian: There is a problem there where the death has to chose a door for the runners to go in and have a chance at surviving but the thing is, the death doesn't actually have to chose any door and can be a cuck if he feels like it and not hit anything until the motivator comes and kills them. So I'd say do something like the doors automatically randomly picking one after a predetermined time or in general a random chance one to avoid this from happening.

That's bout all that I have for the moment, I'll be back eventually to cry to you some more later.

dr_mario

The bomb trap doesnt kill you if you just jump on top of the bombs

dr_winterhill/dr_wintervalley

When you fall off the map it should do more damage so you have less people delaying

These are fairly easy to change. I'll get to 'em when I have the chance

Arconian: There is a problem there where the death has to chose a door for the runners to go in and have a chance at surviving but the thing is, the death doesn't actually have to chose any door and can be a cuck if he feels like it and not hit anything until the motivator comes and kills them. So I'd say do something like the doors automatically randomly picking one after a predetermined time or in general a random chance one to avoid this from happening.

I'll see what I can do

dr_bank

the last "im firing my laser" trap should have less of a delay so you can actually kill with it

Bank: The delay for the laser trap really is useless right now, so what I would suggest is giving the delay for it be like 2 seconds so you atleast have a chance to survive it and put something to show the range of it like making it an actual laser, since right now not many people know the actual range of the trap. Instead we should make it so you can no longer SURVIVE THE MOTIVATOR here, just like on old office before you fixed it if you go into certain places on office you can survive him and a lot of people do this and delay the round, but I'm not sure what to do bout that since the reason why it doesn't reach them is cuz they can't have gaben reaching through the door and killing people actually doing the map.

We're currently using V2 of the map, when there's like V8 or something out now. We should add the more updated version before I fix an obsolete map

dr_psykopat

The second trap you can jump over so it needs to be bigger

Fix the music on dr_phykopat so I don't have to hear music from 10 places on the map at once, nerd

Which versions of Psykopat? Unless it's the old or original version, I don't feel like updating it, since Conne is still pretty active in map making and might just update it some time in the future

We're currently using V2 of the map, when there's like V8 or something out now. We should add the more updated version before I fix an obsolete map

Yeah, I heard people talking about how our bank is really outdated, so it would be nice to try out the newest version.

Which versions of Psykopat? Unless it's the old or original version, I don't feel like updating it, since Conne is still pretty active in map making and might just update it some time in the future

We were talking about the original one not the new one, since the originals music is really messed up and gets confused for what should be where, and there's the whole second trap thing that thunder mentioned.

We were talking about the original one not the new one, since the originals music is really messed up and gets confused for what should be where, and there's the whole second trap thing that thunder mentioned.

Alrighty, I'll take a look at it

Another one for you to remember is that on winterhill if you have no fall damage enabled, you can survive jumping off the cliff and landing. So I'd say put a kill floor there to avoid this.

Quick little update here. Before I work on any of these maps, I'm going to attempt to get into contact with the original makers so that I can gain their trust then kill them and take their place permission to make changes to their maps. Although the actual fixes will take me 30 minutes to do, it may take a while before I hear back from them.

Quick little update here. Before I work on any of these maps, I'm going to attempt to get into contact with the original makers so that I can gain their trust then kill them and take their place permission to make changes to their maps. Although the actual fixes will take me 30 minutes to do, it may take a while before I hear back from them.

Nein, I don't have any patience to wait for them to respond nor do I care if they are okay with it or not so instead fix the maps pronto and enjoy the newly fixed maps.

Also I got another one for Arconian, can you get rid of the lights in the gravity trap after the chance trap which is the hallway and trainway since if you get under the light then it will stop you from flying up and dying.

Nein, I don't have any patience to wait for them to respond nor do I care if they are okay with it or not so instead fix the maps pronto and enjoy the newly fixed maps.

Also I got another one for Arconian, can you get rid of the lights in the gravity trap after the chance trap which is the hallway and trainway since if you get under the light then it will stop you from flying up and dying.

Heh. Well, I talked to Conne and they basically said "Yeah, I know about the problem, just use v2"

Haven't got a response from the dude who made winterhill/valley, since he's a CS:GO mapper now

And apparently nobody made the TF2 version of the Mario map, since the only one I can find is the original CS:S one. Unless @Thunder remembers where he got the map from, there's no one taking credit for the TF2 port, and the original guy didn't do it.