Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Ringabel

Identity:

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

Hello there! I would like to start off by saying I'm sorry for everything that has happened with the person in question who got this account banned from your servers. That person happens to be my little brother. He's 15 years old, but we consider him the mean part of the family. He's been mean mainly because he fell into the wrong crowd when he entered middle school. It went downhill from there: his grades fell, he had fights with my father and mother and kept to himself. Anyways, when he entered middle school I also let him use my account with the condition that he would share the account with me. So we did share it, but I was way busier than him. Being his older brother being my reason. High school and preparing for college and such. Anyways he did something last week that I won't even get into, my parents and I agreed that it would be best for him to not play video games anymore and get him the help he needs. So I have taken my account back and I'm not letting him used it anymore. I don't know what he did on your server, although I'm terrible sorry for whatever trouble he caused. Thanks for listening!

-Tyler

Im going to stay neutral because the story sounds genuine but it could just be a complete lie. For the ban I dont really remember what he actually did but I know that the person who was on the account at the time was super toxic and never really listened to what I said. Maybe give us a clip of his and your voice saying the same thing so I know its real?

A permanent ban wasn't really necessary since none of the staff took the time to issue a week and month ban. As for the "my brother did it lol" story, it is your account, therefore it is your responsibility. Impersonation of staff is not taken lightly around here, it does have some serious repercussions. I want @Basquiat's opinion on this before I go any further.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Why straight to a perm?? @Thunder should be day, week, month

Gonna stay neutral since "IT WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER GUYS PLS UNBAN ME :((" statements are 99% of the time fake

I was thinking that since he already had 4 bans, it should of gone hour, day, month, perm. Also considering he already had done it with that much bans I believed it was the right call.

+1 I'll believe it, if he does it again we can just ban him again, looking back I dont think the perm was even needed in the first place.

Also I would just like to show this (still +1ing for unban)

agyazo.com_6c8c92d6941cd7b767590f632e756dfe.png.06f2d8ac66b6edbcb9361f12e61f63de.png

I mean you definitely should be permed being as you have been banned on multiple occasions and if the the staff that banned you went through the system as it is intended you would be permed. However, being as that system wasn't followed +1 for unban. As for the little brother thing it wouldn't matter in the first place if it is was your brother since your account is your responsibility.

But yeah that [Admin] thing has gotta go.

+1 for unban based on the failure to follow procedure, but your account is your responsibility and we have no effective way of knowing if it is you or someone else behind your name.

In the future, it would be prudent to watch who you give access to your account to avoid similar situations.

If we don't unban him I would say at very least shorten the ban to a week as that and the month ban were left out of the process in the first place.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

+1 for unban based on the failure to follow procedure, but your account is your responsibility and we have no effective way of knowing if it is you or someone else behind your name.

In the future, it would be prudent to watch who you give access to your account to avoid similar situations.

If we don't unban him I would say at very least shorten the ban to a week as that and the month ban were left out of the process in the first place.

He's been banned for a month or two so I think if it's possible you could change the ban to a week and just unban him afterwards to avoid confusion?

+1 for unban. A longer ban such as a month would have served better due to the repeated offenses and nature of them, but a perm doesn't seem right considering the lengths of the previous bans regardless of what they "should" have been.

In regards to the story, true or not you ultimately have responsibility for your account as stated, and honestly it would not have been a sufficient enough reasoning by itself.