Jacklyn

Nigga is not a slur.

I recently got gagged for asking why Nigga is considered a slur and it just pisses me off to no end.

Nigga is NOT an offensive slur, it's used by black people all the time as a term of endearment. Literally

NO ONE is going to get offended by people saying it, so why punish people for it????? I find this to be

a breach of free speech. When people are intending to create hate-speech for people of color they just

say Nigger, plain and simple. It's just wrong and unfair to ban words like this because it just gives them

more notoriety for absolutely no reason. You can do a simple fucking google search and learn that Nigga

is used in a positive way unlike Nigger. I understand that the word has evil roots but that's really no excuse.

This is just an example of blatant hypocrisy employed by xG Staff, for example I get made fun of all the time

on xG for being a "girl gamer xdddd make me a sammich lmaooo xdd" but do you see me cry about it to admins?

No. Because I'm not a fucking pussy ass bitch, Admins don't even do anything about it when that happens.

xG claims to be a "safe space" but it really is not. There's talk of traps all the time which is considered a slur by some

transgender people, things like lolis are encouraged by titles like "Loli" or "Loli scout legionaire" and some people even

have sprays of it, which is sexualizing children which is wrong, and illegal and people like Rub1dium get hunted down

through facebook by an absolute creep.What's with all the double standards??????

Really xG staff needs to either get more consistent with their policies or just get rid of punishment for slurs altogether

because all you are doing by making slurs this big bad thing is giving the words more power and cultivating absolute SJW

pussies who get triggered at any sort of slur.

I mean it's a slur because of the backing behind the word. The word itself isn't the problem but how it was used in the past is the reason for it being a slur. Like yeah, the word was kinda flipped by the black community the same can be said for "Faggot" and the gay community but that doesn't make the word not offensive to people.

Edited by Kart (see edit history)

-1 barely skimmed. It's a slur because as kart said, the history is so atrocious. What black people do (not all by the way) to reclaim language is their business and not the domain of a gaming community.

We have always punished people for saying the word and always will. Even in the event it was not seen as offensive, it would still be loop-holing into saying the actual word. The whole Loli thing has already been discussed, you can see the results of that here: We should remove lolacon title. | Xeno Gamers. Completely removing the rules on slurs altogether would cultivate an absolutely toxic environment, so there is absolutely no way we will EVER do that. Please think before you make posts like this, it's really obvious why it's not allowed, it's common sense.

Relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=XURRzofbMc0;t=108

im saying this in the nicest way possible, jackie

please actually fricking go outside for once

That's just unnecessary, if you're not here to vouch an actual reason don't post at all. simple as that

nonetheless -1, it would still be offensive to to call someone that. Not a lot can be reasoned here

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hey there Jackie! First of all, thank you for making a post and wanting to discuss this with us. It is by adressing issues like these we grow as a community and hopefully makes xg a better place for all of us! There are a couple of points in your post i would like to adress and discuss, hopefully that's ok.

I find this to be

a breach of free speech

xG is privately owned which means that we are allowed to set our own rules and regulations that our users have to follow. We as a community has chosen to disallow the word in question, if you agree with it or not thats up to you.

You can do a simple fucking google search and learn that Nigga

is used in a positive way unlike Nigger.

Right. I know urban dictonary isnt really a valid source but i figured it would be appropriate considerng what word we're talking about.

xG claims to be a "safe space" but it really is not.

This is mostly a meme and is no way anything we endorse or have officially stated.

things like lolis are encouraged by titles like "Loli" or "Loli scout legionaire" and some people even

have sprays of it, which is sexualizing children which is wrong, and illegal.What's with all the double standards??????

This was adressed fairly recently. You can read more here.

Really xG staff needs to either get more consistent with their policies or just get rid of punishment for slurs altogether

because all you are doing by making slurs this big bad thing is giving the words more power and cultivating absolute SJW

pussies who get triggered at any sort of slur

This is actually a pretty valid point and i want to expand a bit of why you think this is. The problem is that we're all separate individuals with different views and morals. You're right that a lot of rules do leave a lot of stuff up to interpretation for staff which is when these opinions and views come into play and sometimes might create conflicts and inconsistency depending on which staff is online at the time. This is something we're working towards resolving but it might take us a little while as things like this does take a lot of discussion to make things as fair as possible. Feel free to check out this thread as an example of what we did not too long ago.

Edited by virr (see edit history)

"SJW Pussies"

Yeah, just walk into your local mcdonalds and start loudly calling people "n*gga", those guys are fucking sjw libtards if they decide they don't want their private enterprise touching that word with a 20-foot pole.

On an unrelated note, you're not exactly in good standing with this community considering your past abuse and constant vote-spam, it wouldn't surprise me if this post was a poe, with jackie just deliberately trying to get a reaction out of anyone.

Truly, there are no words with which I can respectfully explain how stupid this thread and argument are.

Use the word on your own time, Xenogamers deciding that the word being an issue too touchy to warrant using is completely reasonable.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)