Brian

Brian - Team Fortress 2

I'm pretty sure most TGH staff can back me up that he's toxic nearly every time he joins.

@Vexx @Sesh @Elcark @BonfireCentipede @Vector @Natsu and more.

You tagging @Vector actually reminds me that he's a fantastic example. He was (in the eyes of a large portion of the community) constantly toxic while online, but evidence was never gathered, so when we tried to ban him for a long time for something small, it was found invalid by higher ups, because it was an invalid ban. Nothing has changed since then my guy.

I honestly don't see how the logic is he was banned for a week 2 years ago, better ban him for a month now.

We've already been over how the rule doesn't matter. @Vexx @Sesh say so too.

And yet i can get about twice as many higher ups to say the opposite. At most a day ban should be appropriate. This logic actually hurts my brain. Holy shit.

I know that i have no place in this or not much say at all, but really? a month ban just for a name change? i mean, i partially know that he had previous bans, but why a month?

I probably sound really stupid putting this comment here... (i just wanted to share what i wanted to share in this thread considering that live forum chat is spamming the shit out of me and that i think this is all just crazy and i agree with @Rhododendron about removing the ban and calming down about this..) again, sorry... i know i have no say in this.. i just wanted to put what i wanted to say.

I'm pretty sure most TGH staff can back me up that he's toxic nearly every time he joins.

@Vexx @Sesh @Elcark @BonfireCentipede @Vector @Natsu and more.

I ain't getting involved. All i'm going to say is that Brian yes had a history of doing this. I have nothing against brian and i am friends with him but i won't deny that he has done this for a little while but even then i personally didn't have a problem with it because it wasn't so bad to the point i punished, however that is MY opinion.

You tagging @Vector actually reminds me that he's a fantastic example. He was (in the eyes of a large portion of the community) constantly toxic while online, but evidence was never gathered, so when we tried to ban him for a long time for something small, it was found invalid by higher ups, because it was an invalid ban. Nothing has changed since then my guy.

not sure why i'm being mentioned and why this is brought up but cool bro thanks.

Based on your previous posts, you didn't really investigate this entire situation. You don't really know the history of Brian and it sounds like you are just going based off of what other people are telling you. The way Brian was *insulting* you was agreeably childish, however, it should not warrant a ban. I mentioned the fact he was a good staff member because it implies he should have some slack cut for him

While I did not research the original ban as I should have, I did talk with a lot of my staff about how brian has been in the server, and have even witnessed some of it myself. Rejects was cut no slack, he was demoted all the way to member, though there was talk about just dropping to probationary mod for a bit there, in the end it was a full demotion so that no bias was shown. Once again, just because he was staff previously does not mean he should be "cut come slack". Brian has never personally insulted me, nor do I dislike the guy. Fairness is what I'm going for here, and sure I already admitted I did make a mistake by not investigating properly before hand. A two week silence was proposed in terms of a punishment, due to his behavior.

So you guys chose to never ban him those times that he's so toxic that you feel that's all he joins the servers for, but the time his name is "tired of tf2 badmins" was the tipping point for a month long ban? You've gotta be kidding me man.

not sure why i'm being mentioned and why this is brought up but cool bro thanks.

Because Aegean wrote that and it reminded me of you and I forgot to quote him

While I did not research the original ban as I should have, I did talk with a lot of my staff about how brian has been in the server, and have even witnessed some of it myself. Rejects was cut no slack, he was demoted all the way to member, though there was talk about just dropping to probationary mod for a bit there, in the end it was a full demotion so that no bias was shown. Once again, just because he was staff previously does not mean he should be "cut come slack". Brian has never personally insulted me, nor do I dislike the guy. Fairness is what I'm going for here, and sure I already admitted I did make a mistake by not investigating properly before hand. A two week silence was proposed in terms of a punishment, due to his behavior.

You did zero research and went based off of other people said, then used that information in your post. There's no telling how correct your information is on Brian.

Rejects was cut a lot of slacks for blatantly lying and abusing his powers. I'm not going to hang on this too long to minimize the issues this thread is already causing people, but, the fact he was allowed to stay in this clan is definitely slack. This was probably a mixture of a lot of people liking him and slack for his work on the servers.

Now, banning someone for the name "admins are badmins" is not fair. That's just shows certain staff members have thin skins. Staff should never have to use their powers for insults against them unless they are getting flat out personal attacks or are disrupting the server.

You did zero research and went based off of other people said, then used that information in your post. There's no telling how correct your information is on Brian.

Rejects was cut a lot of slacks for blatantly lying and abusing his powers. I'm not going to hang on this too long to minimize the issues this thread is already causing people, but, the fact he was allowed to stay in this clan is definitely slack. This was probably a mixture of a lot of people liking him and slack for his work on the servers.

Now, banning someone for the name "admins are badmins" is not fair. That's just shows certain staff members have thin skins. Staff should never have to use their powers for insults against them unless they are getting flat out personal attacks or are disrupting the server.

He went off what admins said. 3 of them at least. Surely staff should be trusted enough or they wouldn't be staff in the first place?

I banned him after asking a private discord server what they thought. Response was ban him.

So I did.

Rejects was cut no slack, he was demoted all the way to member, though there was talk about just dropping to probationary mod for a bit there, in the end it was a full demotion so that no bias was shown.

Not true at all, Rejects was cut way more than enough slack because we were friends with him, he actually abused his powers to add invisible attributes to his weapons multiple times

Quoting is being dumb so I'll just tag @Vexx

think the point being made is that people should be punished based on protocol and the rules, and "staff said he was toxic" isn't an acceptable enough reason to punish somebody. It isn't "fair" per se.

If he was breaking rules. The staff should have went through protocol. Basing a punishment off of actions you didn't see, when those actions didn't break rules/he wasn't punished when staff saw him. Isn't following protocol or fair. Staff should have made demos of him being toxic, word of mouth is too low a standard.

He went off what admins said. 3 of them at least. Surely staff should be trusted enough or they wouldn't be staff in the first place?

I banned him after asking a private discord server what they thought. Response was ban him.

So I did.

No scrutiny.

Since you have failed to read all of my short, but important, thread responses I'll have to reiterate this for you. When you base a ban on someone's prior bans, then the substance of those bans matter. Meaning, bogus bans should not be considered. The majority of his previous bans are permanent, and also bogus. If you're going to be a staff member and leave input on a ban appeal then you must put in careful scrutiny into your actions on the appeal. You have failed to do that.