Amymaniac

[Poll] Minecraft world reset.

Minecraft World Reset?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Minecraft World Reset?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys, we have been in discussion about a complete reset of the Minecraft world and everything connected with it. We would like to see a wider opinion of it outside of staff. So please vote if you will be happy with the reset and add any thoughts or questions you may have regarding it. Below is a brief summary of what the reset will involve.

• Fresh world which will include a brand new spawn with updated shop and teleport hub to event arenas and more.
  • Everyone starting on a clean slate with equal money and new tweaks to mob drops and store buying/selling to help keep the economy sustainable.
  • New Towny gamemode with custom settings so we don't end up with one super empire against a hundred tiny hamlets again. (we might not even go with towny in the end, we will see what is better overall for the server)
  • New mobs, quests and things to do all over the new world.
  • Unexplored overworld, temples, nether and end with loot just waiting to be found.
  • New plugins which will take advantage of a fresh world. (i.e plugins that work better if the world is unaltered)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ahh I'm not sure how I feel about that. Fresh starts are cool and all but I know I personally have dumped a lot of time and effort into bridgeland (although it is minecraft, literally nothing you do matters). I'll think it over and abstain from voting until then I guess.

There are two things that must happen to get me on board with this. You one, have to compensate all of the returning players from pre-reset. And two, you must carry over MCMMO levels, as players have spent many, many hours grinding for that. I am sure I am not the only person here who wants the MCMMO levels carried over.

A world reset is fine if majority agreed to it. But I think there's still a lot of fixing needed and gaining new players before we do a reset.

What will be the compensation for the following:

1. Used credits to get items from the vip/pet/voting chest.

2. In game money they achieved so far.

3. A huge town they worked so hard for and minecraft items they got by doing it (ex: diamonds, weapons, armors , etc)

If you don't want your credits, MCMMO skills, and towns you've spent so much time building reset, then don't vote yes for a reset.

As @Amylicious said in the bullet points, a reset does mean a reset economy, as well as reset MCMMO skills. Maybe I can help shed some light on the importance of that. I've worked hard to grind skill levels, credits, and work on my town just like the rest of you. Even so, the fact of the matter is; if we carry over existing MCMMO skill levels and/or credits, the game instantly becomes unbalanced to favor those who were around before the reset.

This potential reset is part of a larger effort to increase the playerbase. xG Towny is not a private server restricted to members only or anything like that, so it doesn't make sense to carry over stats such as credits or MCMMO skills and give the players who were around before the reset a huge advantage. The only thing this leads to is another reset coming up much quicker than the last, and on and on and on exponentially.

Oh, and we might be putting the old map up for download in the event of a reset so at least you can have your builds.

Edited by james8470 (see edit history)

Yeah james has a really good point, if we bring all of our MCMMO lvls, credits, etc. then it just defeats the purpose of having the reset. The player base of the server (the people who ACTUALLY PLAY) have gotten to the point where theres absolutely nothing to do other than build houses which becomes really boring really quickly. If this reset vote is passed we're promised with new and better things for the server.

Yeah james has a really good point, if we bring all of our MCMMO lvls, credits, etc. then it just defeats the purpose of having the reset. The player base of the server (the people who ACTUALLY PLAY) have gotten to the point where theres absolutely nothing to do other than build houses which becomes really boring really quickly. If this reset vote is passed we're promised with new and better things for the server.

It's not fun grinding levels, Tuna.

I, personally, disagree with this because a few reasons:

Judging by the current situation, I really doubt the server will stand up again once you knock it down.

The spawn won't be completed for quite some time I'd say.

Some people, especially those who actually played for a long time, may not play again due to the restart.

But ofc, these are just my opinions.

Ran out of things to do really fast, I personally think a world reset would get new players on the server, while keeping the others playing, will give them something new to do. I know it would make me play a lot more. +1

Like Cap said, maybe keep the old spawn for the time being when you reset the world while working on the new one.

It should be noted before you vote; there shouldn't be any downtime while we're setting up the new world since I'll have a test server up pretty soon where we can set up things without affecting the towny server itself.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ran out of things to do really fast, I personally think a world reset would get new players on the server, while keeping the others playing, will give them something new to do.

I wouldn't play anymore if we lost our MCMMO levels. I spent too long to just say "yeah, I won't care if you throw away days of work I put into those levels."

And not gonna lie, pretty sure most of the people who played a bunch will not continue. I'm cool with a map change, just as long as you can somehow carry over those levels. I see you guys are trying to reel in new players, but the old players are gonna leave if they've spent a bunch of time farming to lose it all and get nothing for compensation. This sort of compensation would have to be enormous for those who have so much put into the current world.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

I wouldn't play anymore if we lost our MCMMO levels. I spent too long to just say "yeah, I won't care if you throw away days of work I put into those levels."

And not gonna lie, pretty sure most of the people who played a bunch will not continue. I'm cool with a map change, just as long as you can somehow carry over those levels. I see you guys are trying to reel in new players, but the old players are gonna leave if they've spent a bunch of time farming to lose it all and get nothing for compensation. This sort of compensation would have to be enormous for those who have so much put into the current world.

Whole heartily agree, I spent weeks grinding to become #1 in the server, I'm not going to want to throw that all away, I can accept a map reset but NOT a player reset.

I personally wouldn't mind a world reset, but I also haven't spent hours upon hours grinding. I feel like there should be something for those who have spent a lot of their free time on mcmmo. Having all their work taken away would most likely lead to some of the regulars just up and stop playing. Personally this would make me interested in the server again, since I've done everything I wanted to do in the old world.

May the topic of switching to factions come up?

In my opinion factions is way better considering you can actually have competition and not just "hey lets see who has the biggest town"

The only real difference with factions is that some of the commands are different and you can take over weaker peoples land.

To fix the problem of "New factions aren't going to be able to do anything because they would get murdered by the bigger ones!" Maybe there could be a command that leaders of the factions could do that could switch them from "passive" to "hostile" meaning that if you are passive people can't conquer you and you can't conquer others and hostile being just a switch around of that?